Daddy Murray

TXHORN_ET

This is the hidden content, please

Sam Khan Jr.ESPN Staff Writer 

khan_sam_m.jpg

Here's an interesting component to watch in the Kyler Murray transfer: will he be released from his NLI? If not, he loses a year of eligibility. The National Letter of Intent rules state that if a player is not released from his NLI and transfers before completing an academic year (two semesters or three quarters) the player loses a year. Meaning Murray, after sitting out a season, would have only two years left to play, not three.

Sha

Sam Khan Jr.ESPN Staff Writer 

Here's an interesting component to watch in the Kyler Murray transfer: will he be released from his NLI? If not, he loses a year of eligibility. The National Letter of Intent rules state that if a player is not released from his NLI and transfers before completing an academic year (two semesters or three quarters) the player loses a year. Meaning Murray, after sitting out a season, would have only two years left to play, not three.

Sha

I don't think Sumlin would put the wood to him like that. Allen basically got an unconditional release to anyone other than who's on A&M's schedule. The basketball coaches screw kids like that sometime but it's a bad look for future recruits in relation to football, especially big time ones.

Lol, just rolled across Twitter. It won't let me post the pic but here's the link to  it. Get ready Aggy, the memes are just getting started. 

Here's the link to EJ Holland's twitter that shows the pic, pretty good one.

I don't think Sumlin would put the wood to him like that. Allen basically got an unconditional release to anyone other than who's on A&M's schedule. The basketball coaches screw kids like that sometime but it's a bad look for future recruits in relation to football, especially big time ones.

I would normally agree with you - but this situation has put Sumlin's job in jeopardy - he might not be in a charitable mood. 

"Amidst all the turmoil surrounding his program, Texas A&M quarterback Jake Hubenak has taken to Twitter to attempt to cheer up his fan base.  The Aggies’ junior posted a picture of himself with the caption, “Gig’em” and a thumbs-up emoji on Twitter.  This, of course, occurs after the Kyler Murray 

, the 
and 
." 

Hey at least it appears that one A&M QB is still in the fold.  

What a shame it is that aggie fans are ripping Kyler Murray. Wasn't it in February 2015 they were all jumping for joy? He was going to bring that oh so elusive natty to Aggieland.

Sumlin is in WAY over his head and probably shouldn't have gotten that job in the first place. He was successful at Houston...why? His first 2 yrs as aggie coach were successful..why?

I hope Hubanek plays lights out in the bowl game. After that though, it's gonna be tough on him, or any other qb under Sumlin, to play always looking back over their shoulder.

I think it is very likely Sumlin is the hot seat in college station next season. If things go bad enough...out the door by Dec 16

I think he would be on the hot seat next year even if the player defections had not occurred - since they have he should be squarely on the No. 1 hotseat if he makes it into next year.  

The outcome if this is far from being decided - more defections are a possibility and a serious drop on the recruiting trail is very likely - depending on what happens between now and February 1 - Sumlin may not coach next year at A&M.

I think I've read all posts but my apologies if repetitive.  Hearing Kyler has been hanging with Malik. 

Would not be surprised to see him at Texas next year - but from what I am hearing again from a dad whose son is on the team - Kyler was never a team player in he locker room.

Maybe Strong can do a better job of "coaching" him up?

What a shame it is that aggie fans are ripping Kyler Murray. Wasn't it in February 2015 they were all jumping for joy? He was going to bring that oh so elusive natty to Aggieland.

Sumlin is in WAY over his head and probably shouldn't have gotten that job in the first place. He was successful at Houston...why? His first 2 yrs as aggie coach were successful..why?

I hope Hubanek plays lights out in the bowl game. After that though, it's gonna be tough on him, or any other qb under Sumlin, to play always looking back over their shoulder.

I admit that I am one of the ones that was overjoyed that Kyler picked A&M over Texas - but looking in the rearview mirror there is no doubt that the A&M program would be much better off today if Kyler has chosen to go elsewhere - and by that I do believe from what I have heard and what has been made public that Kyler has been a disruptive force in the locker room.

Edited by OldTimer

Would not be surprised to see him at Texas next year - but from what I am hearing again from a dad whose son is on the team - Kyler was never a team player in he locker room.

Maybe Strong can do a better job of "coaching" him up?

I am sure he will.  We do such a great job with QBs after all.  Just look at the stable we have amassed!

The Longhorn fans would've been happy as all get out last February if kyler had decided on Texas and not aTM. I'm not real sure if sumlin really wanted kyler other that to appease the fan base. He might have been gone this season if he had allowed the legacy to slip slide away.

Put this one to rest. It's time to move on.

@skhanjr: Texas A&M release makes Kyler Murray news officially official. Shortest press release ever.

Lmao in bold

@MarkEnnis: Now Texas A&M enters that Facebook girl phase of statuses about not needing a man.