Daddy Murray

TXHORN_ET

This could end up being like the horses runing out of a burning barn - if Murray leaves would not be a bit surprised to see Daylon Mack and Christian Kirk be the next shoes to drop.  Then the recruits start the decommit phase.

Could be a long off season for us Aggie supporters.

That is where I think the most collateral damage could be felt.   As far as transfers, don't these guys know they lose a year on the field when they do?  Unless you are just absolutely miserable or can't seem to find a spot on the field, I can't imagine doing it.  

That is where I think the most collateral damage could be felt.   As far as transfers, don't these guys know they lose a year on the field when they do?  Unless you are just absolutely miserable or can't seem to find a spot on the field, I can't imagine doing it.  

Any clue how transfers work for 2 sport guys?  Could Kyler leave now and play baseball for someone else this year?

I don't think he can, but I haven't seen a definite answer.  

HIs best bet is to transfer to a JUCO, play baseball, then go to the MLB draft in June.  If he plays at a D1 school, he must wait 3 years to be draft eligible.  I don't know why he would try to go to another D1 school, doesn't make sense.  But he is aggy, so anything's possible.

@BrentZwerneman: Kevin Sumlin says Kyler Murray isn't feeling well and is going through some things, so Sumlin told him not to attend practice today.

"Going through some things" aka do I bolt for UT, Oregon or stay Aggy if Spav stays OC.

If Charlie Strong takes him in, "I'll shoot him out of principle".--Vincent Vega

From Sumlin's presser after practice today

Sumlin on Murray "I expect him to be back out here tomorrow." 

Sumlin: Murray is going through some personal things. Won't go into specifics about what they've discussed.

Sumlin: Want to wish Kyle Allen the best. Family made decision they thought was best. They don't agree with it, but decision they made

Sumlin on evaluating coaches: ongoing process that goes on through year and the bowl game 

KS- "I don't know that the QB situation had been mismanaged. From where we stand right now, one guy right now has asked for a release." 

Sumlin: "I was a little bit" surprised on Kyle Allen's decision to transfer 

KS- "I've been evaluating our staff all along, but the year goes through the bowl game. We've struggled at times, but that's on me." 

Sumlin: "if there's anyone to blame that's me" - on offensive struggles

KS- "At the end of the year, we'll take a look at the whole body of work and make decisions then." 

Kevin Sumlin says Kyler Murray isn't feeling well and is going through some things, so Sumlin told him not to attend practice today. 

Sumlin: didn't agree with Allen's decision to transfer and surprised by the timing before bowl game. 

Sumlin said he expects Kyler to start the bowl game.

From Sumlin's presser after practice today

Sumlin on Murray "I expect him to be back out here tomorrow." 

Sumlin: Murray is going through some personal things. Won't go into specifics about what they've discussed.

Sumlin: Want to wish Kyle Allen the best. Family made decision they thought was best. They don't agree with it, but decision they made

Sumlin on evaluating coaches: ongoing process that goes on through year and the bowl game 

KS- "I don't know that the QB situation had been mismanaged. From where we stand right now, one guy right now has asked for a release." 

Sumlin: "I was a little bit" surprised on Kyle Allen's decision to transfer 

KS- "I've been evaluating our staff all along, but the year goes through the bowl game. We've struggled at times, but that's on me." 

Sumlin: "if there's anyone to blame that's me" - on offensive struggles

KS- "At the end of the year, we'll take a look at the whole body of work and make decisions then." 

Kevin Sumlin says Kyler Murray isn't feeling well and is going through some things, so Sumlin told him not to attend practice today. 

Sumlin: didn't agree with Allen's decision to transfer and surprised by the timing before bowl game. 

Sumlin said he expects Kyler to start the bowl game.

he said everything he was supposed to say. 

What would be totally hilarious is if Kyler starts and wins the bowl game then transfers out right after. 

I don't think Kyler ever really wanted to go to A&M, I don't think his dad wanted him there either but he signed anyway bcause he was a legacy kid. I think Kyler wanted to go to Oregon and his dad wanted him to play for Strong at UT which is why they were there just days before Kyler committed. 

If he as ever going to leave now would be the time because he would still have 4 to play 3. I don't think UT would be an option anymore bcause he probably couldn't beat out either of the kids Texas already has committed. Oregon has a senior qb so maybe that's the spot now? 

Call me crazy but the spot that makes the most sense to me is UH playing in Herman's offense. 

I don't think Kyler ever really wanted to go to A&M, I don't think his dad wanted him there either but he signed anyway bcause he was a legacy kid. I think Kyler wanted to go to Oregon and his dad wanted him to play for Strong at UT which is why they were there just days before Kyler committed. 

If he as ever going to leave now would be the time because he would still have 4 to play 3. I don't think UT would be an option anymore bcause he probably couldn't beat out either of the kids Texas already has committed. Oregon has a senior qb so maybe that's the spot now? 

Call me crazy but the spot that makes the most sense to me is UH playing in Herman's offense. 

I think you are correct in all of that.  

A good buddy of mine is a cop in Nacogdoches and he was working an event for them tonight.  One of the coaches told him their safety went to recruiting weekend last week and Daylon Mack told him not to go to A&M and head to TCU.  That's never good when current players are telling the #1 safety and #15 ranked player overall in the entire country not to come to their school.  

A good buddy of mine is a cop in Nacogdoches and he was working an event for them tonight.  One of the coaches told him their safety went to recruiting weekend last week and Daylon Mack told him not to go to A&M and head to TCU.  That's never good when current players are telling the #1 safety and #15 ranked player overall in the entire country not to come to their school.  

it would not surprise me if Daylon Mack transfers next. 

So if he left now could he play baseball next year at a new school?   Or would he just lose a year of baseball?

In football he would have 4 years to play 3.   Not sure about baseball 

Same for baseball. If he left now, he would lose 2 years of baseball if he went D1. I think he could play in JUCO. I know the D1 baseball players leave at semester all the time - grades, playing time, etc...They end up at San Jac and play over the kids that played there during the Fall.