Why isn't Hardin Jefferson ranked in TABC???

BADSANTA

and if they happen to lose a couple of times to the #1 team in the state in 4A, that also will not change things.  Coach Davis has scheduled a very difficult schedule for pre-district, with 3 teams that made it to state last year and a couple of tournaments full of playoff teams.  So if they head into district with 4 or 5 or 6 losses, that still in no way will persuade me from the fact that they're a top-25 team in 4A, just as they were last year.  You're making it sound like folks are trying to argue that HJ is the best team in the state.  They may have a ways to go, but they're certainly top-25, just as they've been every year for the last 10-12 years.

and if they happen to lose a couple of times to the #1 team in the state in 4A, that also will not change things.  Coach Davis has scheduled a very difficult schedule for pre-district, with 3 teams that made it to state last year and a couple of tournaments full of playoff teams.  So if they head into district with 4 or 5 or 6 losses, that still in no way will persuade me from the fact that they're a top-25 team in 4A, just as they were last year.  You're making it sound like folks are trying to argue that HJ is the best team in the state.  They may have a ways to go, but they're certainly top-25, just as they've been every year for the last 10-12 years.

Unfortunately it doesn't really matter how you may feel about it...or that they've been top 25 every year for the past 10-12 years.  TABC most of the time bases it's ranking on records.  And they get their records from maxpreps.com.  So if a coach doesn't enter all of the team info (win/loss) into maxpreps then that team will most likely not be in the rankings.  And if a school does have info in maxpreps but that team has several losses...they may or may not be in the rankings.  I'm pretty sure it would have to be losses to other ranked teams.

That's like UH being ranked so well in college football for a while...even tho they probably couldn't beat half (or more) of the teams in the SEC that weren't ranked at all.

Rankings don't matter.  Who cares if they're ranked or not...

You are right! My ability to read is lacking because of the school I attended. Community Christian School did me wrong in the class and on the court. SMH 

But, that is my mistake. Back to the others.

Little McCain/Adams

Newton/Grubbs

Big McCain/Harris

:)

ha may have done you wrong. My college GPA is a 3.8 and Community did nothing to hurt it. Also I enjoyed multiples trips to the state tournament in basketball as a player including all state selections. Sorry you can't say the same. Btw Elijah Parquet is a top 10 player in his class in the greater Houston area. None of those other players are. I will say that Saladin and Parquet are the best duo. Silsbee has the better team. 

ha may have done you wrong. My college GPA is a 3.8 and Community did nothing to hurt it. Also I enjoyed multiples trips to the state tournament in basketball as a player including all state selections. Sorry you can't say the same. Btw Elijah Parquet is a top 10 player in his class in the greater Houston area. None of those other players are. I will say that Saladin and Parquet are the best duo. Silsbee has the better team. 

I didn't know you went there! Explains the name I guess. Elijah is a very good player but you are crazy saying he is better than all of those other players lol WOWWW. And even worse lol Saladin and parquet is better than any Silsbee best 2 duo? Unreal man! You are crazy.

I think he stated to you that Parquet had a good distinction of being a top ten player in his class.    I know how good the Silsbee freshmen are, but you will have a hard time convincing me that any of them shoot the three as well as Saladin who has a couple of years of varsity "evidence".

Edited by stevenash

I didn't know you went there! Explains the name I guess. Elijah is a very good player but you are crazy saying he is better than all of those other players lol WOWWW. And even worse lol Saladin and parquet is better than any Silsbee best 2 duo? Unreal man! You are crazy.

Yes. Tyler Dixson graduated 2014. I didn't say he was better. Just nooone is rated higher in there class than Parquet. 

I think he stated to you that Parquet had a good distinction of being a top ten player in his class.    I know how good the Silsbee freshmen are, but you will have a hard time convincing me that any of them shoot the three as well as Saladin who has a couple of years of varsity "evidence".

I do not expect you to know better than that statement. Jordan Adams is the best shooter in the area. yes, he is a freshman but he and all of these young guys have played together on high levels since they were little. I will say that it is not proven on the varsity level yet, but it will be very soon.

Yep HJ sucks. Can't dribble,rebound or pass. Heck can't shoot either. Wouldn't know a basketball from a soccer ball. You nailed it New Guy. But I bet every team they play prepares for the game like they might. Just know a little about it. Rankings don't meen squat. It's all about just that one game. Guess that's why coaches preach one game at a time. JMO.