An Indian a Titan a Bulldog and a Jaguar....,...

prepballfan

GOTCHA! PNG the underdogs in 2016. Don't start the "woe is me" stuff when the time comes.:)

PNG is always the underdog against Nederland, does not matter the talent level on each team. I know that PNG has been beating the Dogs at the sub varsity levels, and pretty bad in some cases. I DOES NOT MATTER, for some reason when we get to Varsity, the Dogs rise to the occasion and we just curl up and die.....

PNG is always the underdog against Nederland, does not matter the talent level on each team. I know that PNG has been beating the Dogs at the sub varsity levels, and pretty bad in some cases. I DOES NOT MATTER, for some reason when we get to Varsity, the Dogs rise to the occasion and we just curl up and die.....

Nederland's favorite quote: "Well, on paper, PNG should win this game". They love the underdog role and play it up. I agree with you, 6 in a row says PNG is the underdog.

I dont want to throw in the woeful C word, but it only makes since... STJFL superbowls, middle school sucess, underclass sucess... Then, well you know....

I dont want to throw in the woeful C word, but it only makes since... STJFL superbowls, middle school sucess, underclass sucess... Then, well you know....   Couldnt say who wins on Sat, Tuesday, or even Thursday BUT..........Everyone knows who wins friday night. Strat, you may be onto something.

Lumberton's success next year will depend 100% on how hard the underclassmen work in the off-season.  There were a dozen or so seniors this year that provided stability and leadership for a team in a transition year.  The Raiders lose 7-9 starters on offense (depending on the offensive alignment).  The defense will not lose as many.  4-5 seniors are lost on defense but we have 8-10 players coming back on that started multiple games.  If these underclassmen want to make the playoffs next year, they will have to beat, at least, one of the 4 teams mentioned, and beat Vidor, Ozen and the other new team.  In order to accomplish that feat, they will have to work harder than any Raider team has ever worked during an offseason.  It can be done but I don't know what kind of heart and dedication some of the younger boys have.  But I know Babin is about to find out who wants it during this off-season.  What we really need is a Secret Spring Game like someone else does.

Edited by AthleticSupporter - Jock

Lumberton's success next year will depend 100% on how hard the underclassmen work in the off-season.  There were a dozen or so seniors this year that provided stability and leadership for a team in a transition year.  The Raiders lose 7-9 starters on offense (depending on the offensive alignment).  The defense will not lose as many.  4-5 seniors are lost on defense but we have 8-10 players coming back on that started multiple games.  If these underclassmen want to make the playoffs next year, they will have to beat, at least, one of the 4 teams mentioned, and beat Vidor, Ozen and the other new team.  In order to accomplish that feat, they will have to work harder than any Raider team has ever worked during an offseason.  It can be done but I don't know what kind of heart and dedication some of the younger boys have.  But I know Babin is about to find out who wants it during this off-season.  What we really need is a Secret Spring Game like someone else does.

uh oh! 

lol

Yep...  Or some 'closed' practices or start the sprinklers in home games vs. Central, Memorial, and Ozen.....

Sprinklers won't help as much starting next year.  Lumberton putting in a new Turf field.  At least that's the word on the streets.

great!  I was just thinking about all the weird grass we going to be playing on. Ned and Vidor needs to follow suit, get with the times. 

well from titan land, if xbox leave or stay really depends on what happens and if he plays the right people, our high prospects are/ should be: Ketha Jones dual threat QB that can run and pass...i would rank him slightly below terrence singleton. kid as a huge upside. (don't know his name)#11 wr is a huge 6'4 monster, with a QB that can run and throw, i expect him to be a factor. our shining star on defense and maybe offense too is Kerry Vincent. he is dangerous on punt/kickoff returns, can play slot wr, and probably will be the best DB in the district.