Fort Bend Ridge Point 42 Crosby 14/Final

Cougar14.2

In a way I'm glad Crosby is finally playing a team some feel we should lose to. Ridge Point is solid on the offensive line of scrimmage, I believe they have three FBS/FCS commits up front. They also have  a four star corner in Terry Petry to try to go 1v1 against Mannie. He's also their best receiver too. Last year's RP team had one of the elite defensive units in 5A, this year they're more centered around the offense.

In four of RP's last five games there have been some shaky defensive performances though. They lost 35-28 to an Elkins team that Foster just beat 31-7, they went to overtime with 3-7 Willowridge but won 29-26 because Willowridge can't kick, they allowed 36 points to a bad TC offense and had to come back in the last minute of the game against PLC to get the 42-35 win in Freeport last week. 

I think Crosby gets close to 40 on Ridge Point, if the defense plays the way it has 10 of 11 games this season then Crosby might win it going away. Have to play clean football due to RP's ability to make you pay for mistakes though. I just have a feeling these kids have something to prove and unfortunately for RP their in the way. 

I think it's a tossup.  Ridge Point gave Stratford their only loss.  RP also lost two close games against undefeated 6A teams.  Crosby has to be on their game and they go down. 

Stratford didn't have their stud running back Rakeem Boyd when they lost to Ridge Point. Hightower beat them the second game of the season but just lost to Friendswood in the first round to finish 10-1. Much like the Brenham game last year, this is when you'll truly see how good Crosby is when they're firing on all cylinders. 

Interesting I read that Crosby is a 5 point favorite for this week.... Who do you think will be your biggest threat Red Dawn ( after last weeks predictions I have to listen to what you have to say.

Ridge Point is our biggest threat. I'm not saying Crosby can't be beat. I am saying that if both teams play their absolute best, Crosby wins by double digits throughout the Regional playoffs. 

We can be beat if someone plays a great game and we don't. But a team playing their best game vs Crosby won't be enough. They'll also need the COOGS to play down a bit. Crosby doesn't need help. We play well, we win. 

Richmond foster would whip a lot of teams.

how many games have you seen rp play?

Maybe Foster would whip a lot of teams? I just know against a common opponent that we whipped 34-0, Foster needed a late score to win by 7. So obviously that's not one the teams they can whip.

I watched the entire game with Willowridge, Willowridge is terrible but RP needed 5 field goals to beat them by three in OT. I remember watching Elkins play Marshall the week after they beat Ridge Point and thinking Elkins might not even be able to score on Crosby. 

Think about it? The only team alive from your district is RP after scoring a last minute touchdown to beat a 7-3 PLC. If you take out the Ball game, RP is giving up 33ppg the last month of the season. Like I told you at the beginning of the year, this squad is a far cry from what they put on the field last year.