*Player Of The Year*?

KFDM COOP

Donahoe is good...I've had the pleasure of seeing him play 4 times this year.  He makes people around him better and that's what you need in a PG.  But Tramain and J'covan are in a different league than anyone else.  Thomas is smooth with excellent athletic ability and there's is not a person in the Golden Triangle that can stop him from doing what he wants to do.......While J'covan isn't as athletic as Thomas, he is the most offensively talented person I have seen....He just has a natural ability to put the ball in the goal.....J'covan for Player of The Year!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been offered.......hasn't decided.

Lamar

SFA

Nicholls

San Francisco was at their warm-up game.

Has also received offers from these Juco's:

Panola

Angelina

McClenan Co.

Interest shown by:

Ole Miss

Marshall

Lets compare these schools in a year to where Thomas and Brown end up.  Donahoe is good, and more importantly a good kid.  But quit telling me he is the second coming of Steve Nash. 

But wait.....you HJ fans know more than these college coaches who are recruiting these kids.  Silly me.

Tramain's first sport has always been basketball...but with Baylor already offering him a full ride to play safety for them, you never know......But there is also rumors around town about Coach G. at Texas A&M...since Tramain Thomas and DeAndre Jordan are friends and play on the same AAU team.  Tramain would fit well playin roundball for A&M.

Thomas will likely play football in college instead of basketball!!!!!

Brown will likely go to a big time college because of his national ranking that he has had for several years.  His attitude may keep him from going really big time. 

I keep on hearing about this attitude but I dont think you have seen him play before....If you have you will know that he's never been EJECTED from a game....All I see on this site is negative comments about the kid but you never even seen the kid before....smh

I have never seen him play!!!!!!!!!  Basketball wise he is extremely good, his national ranking shows that!!!  I am only basing this off information that I have received from other coaches, officials and fans in the area...and yes some of these fans are Memorial fans also!!!! 

I will say this showing you complete respect.......YOU ARE CONFUSED MOM!!!!!  Donahoe is still playing with a bum knee, broken nose and a plastic mask.  He would run circles around Letsinger!!!  Letsinger is a great player, but he is not in the same league as Donahue, Thomas and Brown.

lazeek.......i totally repect you and your opinion...and you may be right...but....from what i understand, correct me if i am wrong, but the preview game was the only game you saw brandon play.....right??....thats kind of a harsh assumption...based on one game and you probably heard most of us say, that game was not at all an indicator of his baskeball skills....i am not trying to argue with you or convince you that brandon is better than anyone else...just commenting on your post... :)

I was impressed with Letsinger.  He could wind up being a very good D1 combo 1/2.  If he played for us (HJ), I wouldn't worry at all about our state title prospects this year!

Tramain Thomas is so athletically gifted, it's not even fair.  He has excellent basketball instincts.  I hope he plays basketball, not football, in college.  He may have the best shot at the NBA of anyone in the area.

Ryan Donahoe had the best year of any of the POY candidates from a personal and team statistical standpoint.  I am biased (HJ fan/parent); maybe I am wrong; but look at what Donahoe has done on a torn meniscus and despite the concussion and broken nose.  He is a pass-first PG by nature who has taken on the primary scorer burden because that's what his team needs from him.  He plays through pain every time he cuts or lands on that bum leg.  He is incredibly courageous.  I wish him a state title, another All-State selection, flawless arthroscopic surgery and rehab.  There's no telling how far he can will himself to go in basketball and in life.

I was impressed with Letsinger.  He could wind up being a very good D1 combo 1/2.  If he played for us (HJ), I wouldn't worry at all about our state title prospects this year!

Tramain Thomas is so athletically gifted, it's not even fair.  He has excellent basketball instincts.  I hope he plays basketball, not football, in college.  He may have the best shot at the NBA of anyone in the area.

Ryan Donahoe had the best year of any of the POY candidates from a personal and team statistical standpoint.  I am biased (HJ fan/parent); maybe I am wrong; but look at what Donahoe has done on a torn meniscus and despite the concussion and broken nose.  He is a pass-first PG by nature who has taken on the primary scorer burden because that's what his team needs from him.  He plays through pain every time he cuts or lands on that bum leg.  He is incredibly courageous.  I wish him a state title, another All-State selection, flawless arthroscopic surgery and rehab.  There's no telling how far he can will himself to go in basketball and in life.

Good post.  Donahoe is probably the MVP for this area(does more for his team than anyone else and makes them better), but he is not he best player in the area. 

im not mad....but everytime we post about him..somebody has something to say negative about him.....it basically boils down to.... you dont know him and if you did you would not say those things....

I AGREE WITH A LOT OF YOUR COOMITS MOM3. YOU MAY TRY A THING I HAVE FIGURED OUT . I POST MY COMMINT AND THEN TRY NOT TO RESPOND TO ANY NEG FEEDBACK. IT GATS BORING TO THEM IF YOU DONT ARGUE. LIKE I TELL MY KIDS AND FAMILY, 99% OF THE TIME IF SOMEONE IS TALKING ABOUT YOU IT IS JEALOUSY

Guest ltownbaseball9

Hands down the player of the year is Jocovan Brown.....he plays at the 5a level and its a different level then 3a and 2a....you should have a player of the year for those classifications ...........but hands down brown, plays against better teams and better players and still puts up big numbers every single night.....does have a attitude but is the best player in this area.....and the player of the year......

lazeek-----

i saw the post...i was referring to the part of the post where you said Donahoe could run circles around brandon.....i dont think anyone could run circles around him and that is not an assumption you can make after watching him play one time......sorry, thats just what i think.... :)

mr. reality---

thanks for the input...i'll try that...dont know if i can do it but i will try....