Josh Boyd Signs With...

BLUEDOVE3

Fact...  Comeaux scored more points for Ozen.  My argument from last year is being supported once again and their only 1 game into the season...

Soulja I mentioned Boyd and Comeaux and you acted like you did not know who Comeaux was and Boyd is definitely a dominant player on the hard wood! The rest remains to be seen as to who is the best but I do know that they will be tough to handle and I also mentioned those others especially Soph. D. Jones who led Ozen in scoring against Memorial. Ozen is deeper and has more quality depth this year!

Congrats to Josh Boyd for achieving the goal of receiving a D-1 college scholarship to play basketball!  And the NW State program and coaches are top notch.  The coaches are very good people too.

I don't care to get into the discussion about who is better or not, because to me it doesn't matter.  Josh has already won by getting his scholarship, and now he can just focus on enjoying his senior season and keeping his books right.

Love to see local kids getting to the next level.  Hope there are many more to come this year.

Soulja I mentioned Boyd and Comeaux and you acted like you did not know who Comeaux was and Boyd is definitely a dominant player on the hard wood! The rest remains to be seen as to who is the best but I do know that they will be tough to handle and I also mentioned those others especially Soph. D. Jones who led Ozen in scoring against Memorial. Ozen is deeper and has more quality depth this year!

Thats DEFINITELY fiction.  I've been high on him since I've fist seen him last year...that's me and OF's ongoing debate...  He say Boyd is the best guard in SETX.  I say he isn't the best guard on his own team.

Who's going there? Might be a player in the area I missed

Not going...but an offer.  Point is, there is no reason to turn this thread into a who is better argument.  As others have said, good for Josh!  He has earned the privilege of going to school for free and that is what it is about.  I hope he takes advantage and has a great experience at NW St.  Natchitoches is great little town and a very nice campus.  And they do have a solid team there that I am sure will benefit from Boyd's services.

Thats DEFINITELY fiction.  I've been high on him since I've fist seen him last year...that's me and OF's ongoing debate...  He say Boyd is the best guard in SETX.  I say he isn't the best guard on his own team.

you know my non-bias opinion. He's a very good player, good enough to get a scholarship, but idk if he's built for the big stage (state title game type big stage) on the HS level. I saw a freshman show up though (Sneed), Comeaux showed up and that was pretty much all year as well (led all Ozen scorers in that state championship game if I remember correctly). Certain kids have different motors, I think Boyd will be better in college than as he is in HS. 

If I had to choose a guard off of Ozen who I wanted to have on my squad I want a fearless guy with onions who's not afraid of the big stage, that would be Sneed, not saying he's "better" than anyone mentioned but he showed me something in March. 

Anyway, once again congrats on the ride to NSU, I understand they have finished in the top 4 of the Southland the past 3 years, one year came in 2nd. 

you know my non-bias opinion. He's a very good player, good enough to get a scholarship, but idk if he's built for the big stage (state title game type big stage) on the HS level. I saw a freshman show up though (Sneed), Comeaux showed up and that was pretty much all year as well (led all Ozen scorers in that state championship game if I remember correctly). Certain kids have different motors, I think Boyd will be better in college than as he is in HS. 

If I had to choose a guard off of Ozen who I wanted to have on my squad I want a fearless guy with onions who's not afraid of the big stage, that would be Sneed, not saying he's "better" than anyone mentioned but he showed me something in March. 

Anyway, once again congrats on the ride to NSU, I understand they have finished in the top 4 of the Southland the past 3 years, one year came in 2nd. 

He lead ALL scorers that night.... Including the Lancaster players....

Edited by BMTSoulja1

Lol I guess y'all didn't watch the games prior to Ozen going to state, Boyd was always in Jordan's shadow you'll see this year. It's a reason he's going to the best program out of the bunch in the area. 

So if someone had chosen to go to U of H instead of Lamar or Texas State, they would be the best in the area?  Or if someone held more D1 offers?  Just trying to follow the logic.

Lol I guess y'all didn't watch the games prior to Ozen going to state, Boyd was always in Jordan's shadow you'll see this year. It's a reason he's going to the best program out of the bunch in the area. 

His Chosen college does little to help you win this debate, OF.  It just makes it look like you conceded....

Okay, now I'm going to throw my 2 cents into this debate. It really don't matter whose better. in the real world, Boyd has to do Boyd and Comeaux has to do Comeaux. I admit, its great for debate and thats all it is, a debate/opinion only. These kids put in the work. Totally different players and different skill sets. As I have said before, for some players , high school is an entity to stay in shape for the summer games. Boyd was seen on the circuit and judged for his play there, not high school.