Jasper vs Navasota

Jasper Dawg

At first i wasn't very confident that jasper could even stand a chance against Navasota but after looking on Maxpreps navasota has only played 1 or 2 decent teams all season. Jaspers offense can score on almost any team in 4a and as long as they can run the ball with Tiger williams they will control the clock for most of the game. Im still not predicting a upset but i think the game will be fairly close, i have Navasota winning 42-35. 

At first i wasn't very confident that jasper could even stand a chance against Navasota but after looking on Maxpreps navasota has only played 1 or 2 decent teams all season. Jaspers offense can score on almost any team in 4a and as long as they can run the ball with Tiger williams they will control the clock for most of the game. Im still not predicting a upset but i think the game will be fairly close, i have Navasota winning 42-35. 

um same schedule as last year besides that Louisiana team I believe. Lol. 

Don't let their schedule fool you.  They will be more than ready for Jasper.  I thought the same thing two or so years ago when I watched one of their district games.    I was very wrong then.  This year, I am pulling for a huge upset, but will wait until I see it done to celebrate.

Jasper hasn't had an offense this good in a very long time. I think this time it will be a very different matchup 

Jasper has the ability to make it a game.    Navasota is just on a different level these last few years.  We have beaten them in the playoffs before, but that was a long time ago.   Nowadays, they are just loaded with athletes.  Hoping we pull it out, but it would be a big upset.  Jasper is a dangerous team just because of their athleticism, and with a few good bounces you never know.

Jasper hasn't had an offense this good in a very long time. I think this time it will be a very different matchup 

Navasota will shut Jasper out if we rely on Tiger on the ground for everything.  We need to seriously look for some plays over the top to loosen up the corners so that when Tiger goes he will have the space to do it.

Navasota will shut Jasper out if we rely on Tiger on the ground for everything.  We need to seriously look for some plays over the top to loosen up the corners so that when Tiger goes he will have the space to do it.

I completely agree. Good news for Jasper is that we have a 6'6 TE who's going D1 and is very good pass catching TE and we have some very fast wr's that can get by the secondary. Jasper has all the tools on offense to make this an exciting game. Defense is the only thing i worry about especially against a team as good as Navasota 

Lol Navasota isn't holding Jasper to 7 points. 

There is no need to pull on Superman's cape!  Jasper has good speed at a few positions.  Navasota has speed at all positions.  I do not mean that negatively for Jasper, just my take from watching Navasota several times over the past few years.  But I do agree with some of your points.  I do think that Jasper is more than a one man team.