Kirbyville vs West

rykerx144

west's only loss of the year they put up 42 on undefeated grandview.  Kirbyville put up 60 three times this year, all against bad teams, and in two of those they allowed 20 points.  This will be the best or second best team kirbyville has played all year.  There's no chance the score line is anything close to 66-7

Sounds like doubt to me  I would say 3rd maybe 4th best we faced all year. See when you just look at the box scores and don't come and watch its all speculation and guessing on your part.Yea a few teams put up 20 on us but when your winning by 40 points and got the JV in that's expected. 

Sounds like doubt to me  I would say 3rd maybe 4th best we faced all year. See when you just look at the box scores and don't come and watch its all speculation and guessing on your part.Yea a few teams put up 20 on us but when your winning by 40 points and got the JV in that's expected. 

I don't doubt that kirbyville can win this game.  In fact, I PREDICTED THEM TO WIN.  The only doubt i was displaying was the doubt that kirbyville is going to win by 59 points.  also, saying that West is better than pretty much all of the Kirbyville schedule up to this point (except for maybe EC or BC) in no way indicates doubt about the quality of Kirbyville's team.  

Some people look so hard for doubters and haters that it clouds their perception of reality.

Edited by bullets13

The guy with the -59 prediction is obviously talking out his arse. There's no real way of us or them knowing who's got what until we line up Friday night. Not enough realistic tape and they're a solid 5-6 hour drive, so I doubt we got a solid scouting report on them. I will, however, give someone -19.5 on the cats if any of you are feeling froggy??

welp...

No excuses West was the better team executed on both sides of the ball and very disciplined unlike us. When you don't show up to play you lose. When you can't run the ball you lose.  When you become one dimensional on offense you lose.  When your defense can't defend short completions for TD's you lose. West was a good team a big strong , smart quarterback that made great decisions. He was a tough downhill runner also. # 8 and #6 were very talented receivers who took what we have them all night long and made us pay in the end. Receivers blocked well springing other guys into the secondary.  Defensive line was stout lots of pressure on Jackson all night.  There offensive line blocked very well and picked up the blitz when we did blitz. Special teams was very good making lots of open field tackles on kick offs. Punt team was very good and covered the punts well. Was very impressed with the smarts of their QB he killed us on the keeper and rolled out away from pressure and found the open receiver in the soft zone we was playing and I do mean soft, pillow soft. Best of luck to west the rest of the way. As for Kirbyville when you don't come to play for 4 quarters you get beat and that's what happened , why fill up pages with excuses when the main excuse was we just didn't show up and play our "A "game tonight

Edited by HeHateMe

I'm a huge Kirbyville fan. To me I think Kirbyville overlooked this team all week long then for 3 quarters and the last 2 minutes of the game again. 

#9 is a star and to me was even better than he was advertised

#8 is also a star and I believe better than advertised.

West defense had a good enough answer to slow our offense down just enough to make this a game and they game away with the win.

Congratulations wildcats on a great season I'm sure going to miss all of our seniors playing in red and black but I know they will move on to the next level and do big things! 

To all the returning players keep your heads held high good luck next season I'll be cheering you all on! 

Congratulations to west and good luck against Teague and the rest of the way! 

I totally agree with you. KV did overlook us...and probably had every right to, Prior to last year 7-3 season we went 2-28 for 3 years. losing a lot of athletes simply because a WingT offense was brought into our program. Now bringing back an offense that is more suited for our kids size. We don't have the best athletes but last night they didn't know the word quit. My son played last night for West and he did tell me early this morning that the KV players were very cordial and respective during and after the game..Great to see the sportsmanship on both sides..