Port Neches-Groves 42 Dayton 41/Final

WOSgrad

I will say this Dayton players have a lot of class within an hour of the game being over they were tweeting PNG players congratulating them...much respect to Dayton 

I thought both teams played hard and even though it got a little chippy both teams showed class at the end of the game. Like I said before the game I love PNG crowd and spirit and even though I hate the loss for our kids PNG played hard and deserved the win. 

if you think about it that is pretty sad.

i will say this PNG wins by two scores if not for the officials......

I always think its funny when the opposing team thinks  they got all the bad calls but  fail to take into consideration from the vantage point across the field the other team is  thinking the very exact thing that they got all the bad calls -  you have to learn to be objective it all evens out - your team wasn't perfect and nether  was ours.

Wanna know"What's Wrong@Dayt"Mrs Supt/Sch Board=Should've took a poll of former Broncos @75th Bronco Re-Union(100's present)Smh have you not wondered WHY they aren't showing up @games the past 5 years & our roster is low & kiddos are not participating & parents won't volunteer to concession/other capacites,smh Band still has their Booster Club

Dayton  has been suiting out less than 40 on fridays for the past 10 years or more. Less than 20 parents were part of the booster club for longer than the past 5 years. The superintendent didn't disband the booster club... so what are the problemS liltex? Can't be just one thing wrong when those are the facts.

Edited by dayton

I was really surprised at the lack of fans on the Dayton side.  I thought they traveled better than that.  Looked to be only about 1,000 or so.
What gives?

We've been posting all year that we had a big problem with our HC  who has run  our program in the ground the past 5yrs (AD just got the boot) our football program is a former shadow of its self, fan and student athlete  participation is at a all time low.

I remember when I transferred from Hawaii and went to Dayton/Crosby and the Dayton side was packed.  Last night it was shocking again to look over and see how many fans were on that side.  Then you look at how many kids are on the sidelines and seems to get less and less each year.  I personally don't think it starts with the coach or AD, I think it starts at the top with the Superintendent.  The ole trickle down effect. I know Dr Moore has made a huge impact in the classroom as well as decisions he makes district wide.  Hopefully Dayton can can get those kids coming back and participating. The more things they participate in, the less time they have to get in to trouble.

Edited by CougarCal

I always think its funny when the opposing team thinks  they got all the bad calls but  fail to take into consideration from the vantage point across the field the other team is  thinking the very exact thing that they got all the bad calls -  you have to learn to be objective it all evens out - your team wasn't perfect and nether  was ours.

I can vouch for that. I heard someone yelling that a ball hit a PNG players foot on a punt one time and the ball was probably never closer than 5 feet from the kid. Lol

We've been posting all year that we had a big problem with our HC  who has run  our program in the ground the past 5yrs (AD just got the boot) our football program is a former shadow of its self, fan and student athlete  participation is at a all time low.

if don't want your HC send him over to LCM 

Big Congrats to Jalen Styner Jr Rb(1,036) 1st Bronco to rush for 1,000 yds since 2009 Peyton Ploch.BTW Chronicle Paper says Dayt had 14 rushes for 113 yds.Shaq Long=0 rush/0 pass rec,not used smh

Port Arthur News said Dayton had 111 yds on 28 carries. Styner had 46 on 15 carries and Hancock had 43 on 7 carries

Dayton  has been suiting out less than 40 on fridays for the past 10 years or more. Less than 20 parents were part of the booster club for longer than the past 5 years. The superintendent didn't disband the booster club... so what are the problemS liltex? Can't be just one thing wrong when those are the facts.

Never said supt disbanded B Club,I saved the text from HC(BC),talked to Stew; when text back =why was unanswered by HC.Take off your rose colored glasses smh ,sure you gonna defend work.I talk to alumni all the time about Dayt.Because I don't hide my thoughts & tell the truth as it really is = why I had open door to Stewart w/o flack.He knew my intentions are all about kiddos well being.I know more than you tend to believe.Iget fed info cause I'm trustworthy/honest & real

Never said supt disbanded B Club,I saved the text from HC(BC),talked to Stew; when text back =why was unanswered by HC.Take off your rose colored glasses smh ,sure you gonna defend work.I talk to alumni all the time about Dayt.Because I don't hide my thoughts & tell the truth as it really is = why I had open door to Stewart w/o flack.He knew my intentions are all about kiddos well being.I know more than you tend to believe.Iget fed info cause I'm trustworthy/honest & real

unfortunately you know very little. You are all about the kids though and i believe your intentions are 100% pure. 

unfortunately you know very little. You are all about the kids though and i believe your intentions are 100% pure. 

Hancock knows very little about managing important ball games especially close ball games. More people see it liltex's ways of thinking than yours. And with stew retiring who the hell knows what the football program will be in years to come. We will go from 30 to 31 players to 15 or 20. Then it'll start looking like a hull Daisetta game I saw this year. 

Hancock knows very little about managing important ball games especially close ball games. More people see it liltex's ways of thinking than yours. And with stew retiring who the hell knows what the football program will be in years to come. We will go from 30 to 31 players to 15 or 20. Then it'll start looking like a hull Daisetta game I saw this year. 

The word I got last night Hancock was told during the week that this is it for him.  

Great game last night, offenses looked unstoppable, defenses well we won't brag too much about that. I see some comments about our png players making some big hits, that'd fine and dandy, but giving up 25 and more yards before the big hit isn't gonna cut it. Overall very entertaining game ,can't say much for the Refs though. What's the word on Angleton , I haven't seen them play?