Port Neches-Groves 42 Dayton 41/Final

WOSgrad

Dang Dayton, how did y'all lose? Nearly 500 yards on what was supposed to be a good PNG defense, averaged over 8 yards per rushing attempt and threw for 367 yards. Turnovers even too. Have to kick the XP at the end man. 

This is the hidden content, please

14.2, because PNG's offense was only 17 yards less, we just came out on top. Both offenses were on fire. I think PNG slowing Dayton's run really helped us. I never thought we could stop that offense, they're just too good. We did slow it at times which helped. Our D did a good job against the most explosive offense we have matched all year. What helped us was minimizing turnovers and penalties, except in the 2nd half when we looked like we were starting to self destruct on penalties. But we brought it back together. Morse stepped as a great leader last night and will continue to do so as we go. Also, Rembert on defense did a phenomenal job.

Im home finally, was traveling behind a crowd of Lumberton cars. This game turned when it was 35-35 and Dayton came out on a drive and did 3 straight passes no runs with Styner or Moore, bad punt gave Png great field position, Morse pretty much said to hell with this im getting it done so get on my back and he did it on that drive for the go-ahead touchdown. I agree with Dayton going for 2 after that insane TD by Styner, I just dont agree with passing on the 2pt conversion, you have Styner who was getting 4-5 yds a pop, you give Styner the ball behind #70. Dayton had their chances. Good play by the Png DB on that 2pt try, perfect D on that play. Once again congrats to Png, I hope you guys get to the Region Final so we can potentially see Png vs Crosby back at Stallworth. Keep the FOR SALE signs off Fairchief lawn tonight. To Dayton it was a joy watching the kids compete out there tonight and this year at the games I saw them play, hope yall get things turned around over there for the better. 

Overall an exciting game to watch with the normal attendees as usual along with some of the Dayton folk I know from on here, good atmosphere out there. 

I don't know. PNG D really tightens up on the goal. We proved that earlier in the game by shutting the run down on the goal after 3 attempts and they threw for the touchdown. Also, against Central last week. Tough call for the coach. Me, as an armchair coach, would have kicked the extra point and tried to get in overtime. But again PNG can score with 30 seconds on the clock and the way we were moving the ball passing really gave Dayton coach fits. We had plenty of time to get kick off and move down the field. So many variables for a coach to figure. Just happy it went our way.

Edited by FrodoNDN
Misspelled word

Ok, I just checked, I believe it is the first time this year that Dayton was held under 100 yards in rushing. They had 99 based on Houston Chron. Channelview and Crosby held them to 100. To me that was the difference. 

Offensive output was no issue in this game. When you score 41 and have almost 500 yds offense I don't care how many of those yards were on the ground. To me the biggest difference was 1 freakin point for the 3rd year in a row. Lol. Once again congrats to PNG and to make me feel better about this loss please make it to the regional finals. One more thing chronicle paper says Dayton only attempted 14 carries for 113 yards. Pretty good average per carry.

Edited by bronco pride

1. What a great high school football game.

2. Both teams have really good offenses but leave a little to be desired on defense.

3. That middle linebacker though from PNG was sideline to sideline and can straight up ball.

4. PNG had complete control late in the 4th marching methodically and 3 straight penalties put them in 1st and a mile(no time for a flea flicker here, but....) then Dayton got the momentum back with a nice TD.  Back and forth it was awesome to see.(Stattrax was a mess)

5.  Dayton ran it at will then threw swing pass and just moved the ball at will, but man on the 2 point conversion I think for my money I run the dang ball with one those kids that gashed PNG all night. 

I had it 3-1 21-5A and this was my one (for obvious reasons).  I think PNG is better than Angleton and will win next week.

1. What a great high school football game.

2. Both teams have really good offenses but leave a little to be desired on defense.

3. That middle linebacker though from PNG was sideline to sideline and can straight up ball.

4. PNG had complete control late in the 4th marching methodically and 3 straight penalties put them in 1st and a mile(no time for a flea flicker here, but....) then Dayton got the momentum back with a nice TD.  Back and forth it was awesome to see.(Stattrax was a mess)

5.  Dayton ran it at will then threw swing pass and just moved the ball at will, but man on the 2 point conversion I think for my money I run the dang ball with one those kids that gashed PNG all night. 

I had it 3-1 21-5A and this was my one (for obvious reasons).  I think PNG is better than Angleton and will win next week.

you must have been the guy that had all the Crosby gear on l

you must have been the guy that had all the Crosby gear on l

Yeah, I was wound up for sure... I told CC, man I'm a nervous Bleeping wreck right now... But it turned out OK in the end... That game could have went any either way.. CC had said in the 2nd, it would come down to whoever had the ball last, and it really did... Im just glad we broke the streak against Dayton....

Yeah, I was wound up for sure... I told CC, man I'm a nervous Bleeping wreck right now... But it turned out OK in the end... That game could have went any either way.. CC had said in the 2nd, it would come down to whoever had the ball last, and it really did... Im just glad we broke the streak against Dayton....

Them refs were horrible 

Edited by LCM17

Wanna know"What's Wrong@Dayt"Mrs Supt/Sch Board=Should've took a poll of former Broncos @75th Bronco Re-Union(100's present)Smh have you not wondered WHY they aren't showing up @games the past 5 years & our roster is low & kiddos are not participating & parents won't volunteer to concession/other capacites,smh Band still has their Booster Club

Wanna know"What's Wrong@Dayt"Mrs Supt/Sch Board=Should've took a poll of former Broncos @75th Bronco Re-Union(100's present)Smh have you not wondered WHY they aren't showing up @games the past 5 years & our roster is low & kiddos are not participating & parents won't volunteer to concession/other capacites,smh Band still has their Booster Club

Hopefully when we get the new AD things will change. Someone who will continue what Dayton had when Stewart was still HC. And your right liltex, ex Broncos should have some input on what kind of AD comes to Dayton.  I don't care what anyone has to say or thinks negatively about Stewart.. He was by far the best HC coach in the area...