Port Neches-Groves 42 Dayton 41/Final

WOSgrad

maybe out coached I mean if we were down two, for sure you gotta go for it but by one just tie it up as Napolean Dynamite would say "freakin idiot, Gosh"

Sorry you had to loose in such a hard fought game... Hats off the Dayton they are a great program and very well respected by the Indian faithful. You guys also played a heck of a game so keep on cheering for the Purple and White if you like we'd appreciate it!!!

Dang Dayton, how did y'all lose? Nearly 500 yards on what was supposed to be a good PNG defense, averaged over 8 yards per rushing attempt and threw for 367 yards. Turnovers even too. Have to kick the XP at the end man. 

This is the hidden content, please

Not sure I would have had the fortitude to do it, but he did throw against the DB that had been torched all night... Interesting call to say the least.. But coaches make different calls in different situations.. Look at what Central did last night.. Dayton was Definately the best team we have seen all year.. If we can cut the penalties, and turnovers, we have a good shot at beating Angleton next week... 14.2, just suck it up and give us a Congratualtions......

Edited by Stattrax

1st Congrats to PNG tonight,everybody that stayed seen a great fb game,congrats to my Broncos for playing hard in a week of distractions that still remain somewhat.To all my Png friends I'm pulling for you but still pulling for 21-5a teams left.I'm not upset we went for 2 near the end of the game we had enuff chances.Great show of respect/congrats between players,it was moving for me,both left it all on the field.I got PNG beating Angleton@BH,now off to some brewski's so maybe I won't hear Cherokee till daylight.Jake I gotcha congrats takin/winning our little bet,see ya next Wed before Preview Show

1st Congrats to PNG tonight,everybody that stayed seen a great fb game,congrats to my Broncos for playing hard in a week of distractions that still remain somewhat.To all my Png friends I'm pulling for you but still pulling for 21-5a teams left.I'm not upset we went for 2 near the end of the game we had enuff chances.Great show of respect/congrats between players,it was moving for me,both left it all on the field.I got PNG beating Angleton@BH,now off to some brewski's so maybe I won't hear Cherokee till daylight.Jake I gotcha congrats takin/winning our little bet,see ya next Wed before Preview Show

distractions.....hmmm did he find out that he's not coming back next year, maybe that's why he called that bone head play.

Angleton (6-5)
vs Brazoswood, L 32-29
at Crosby, L 34-0
vs Chavez, W 27-0
at Westbury, W 65-9
at St. Thomas, L 31-14
vs Terry, W 55-18
vs George Ranch, L 31-14
at Lamar Consolidated, W 62-21
vs Port Lavaca Calhoun, W 14-6
at Foster, L 21-14
vs Texas City, W 21-14

If maxpreps has Angleton stats right (haha), they have no offense. 800 yard passer and the highest running back has 450 yards and 7 touchdowns. Hmmm

distractions.....hmmm did he find out that he's not coming back next year, maybe that's why he called that bone head play.

Smh we got a break(fumble) then scored,Me=Shaq(very fresh legs 8.26 per carry avg) runs the ball behind RT 318 #Terrance Manning for 2.Proud he stuck it out,wouldn't have blamed him a bit if he had quit weeks ago,smh if things remain unchanged I may hang all my purple on top of burnt orange pile,Dayt has talent up/dwn DHS hallways not participating

Im home finally, was traveling behind a crowd of Lumberton cars. This game turned when it was 35-35 and Dayton came out on a drive and did 3 straight passes no runs with Styner or Moore, bad punt gave Png great field position, Morse pretty much said to hell with this im getting it done so get on my back and he did it on that drive for the go-ahead touchdown. I agree with Dayton going for 2 after that insane TD by Styner, I just dont agree with passing on the 2pt conversion, you have Styner who was getting 4-5 yds a pop, you give Styner the ball behind #70. Dayton had their chances. Good play by the Png DB on that 2pt try, perfect D on that play. Once again congrats to Png, I hope you guys get to the Region Final so we can potentially see Png vs Crosby back at Stallworth. Keep the FOR SALE signs off Fairchief lawn tonight. To Dayton it was a joy watching the kids compete out there tonight and this year at the games I saw them play, hope yall get things turned around over there for the better. 

Overall an exciting game to watch with the normal attendees as usual along with some of the Dayton folk I know from on here, good atmosphere out there. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

I do not remember a Dayton and PNG game ever being a outright blowout the win was always 7 or less .Coach going for 2 points instead of the 1 if they would have made it he would be the hero they didn't so he is no good .He did what he thought would get him the w and it failed put yourself in his shoes in the intensity of the game and see how many mistakes you make .Remember he knows this team better than we do as far as what they can do. enough rant . AGAIN CONGRATS TO PNG ON THE WIN YALL EARNED IT  wait til next year .Keep it going  To my broncos keep your heads high you fought well my young gladiators you fought well

I do not remember a Dayton and PNG game ever being a outright blowout the win was always 7 or less .Coach going for 2 points instead of the 1 if they would have made it he would be the hero they didn't so he is no good .He did what he thought would get him the w and it failed put yourself in his shoes in the intensity of the game and see how many mistakes you make .Remember he knows this team better than we do as far as what they can do. enough rant . AGAIN CONGRATS TO PNG ON THE WIN YALL EARNED IT  wait til next year .Keep it going  To my broncos keep your heads high you fought well my young gladiators you fought well

Good post and TY as an Indian fan

A lot of talk about the call to go for two, but I'm curious to know what y'all think, if Dayton would have converted, what were the odds of PNG scoring again or getting in field goal range with almost 3 minutes left on the clock? No my opinion Indians would have taken the win either way. Even if Dayton would have just kicked the extra point, might have been too much time left.

A lot of talk about the call to go for two, but I'm curious to know what y'all think, if Dayton would have converted, what were the odds of PNG scoring again or getting in field goal range with almost 3 minutes left on the clock? No my opinion Indians would have taken the win either way. Even if Dayton would have just kicked the extra point, might have been too much time left.

Only 1:11 was left on the clock.