East Chambers 15 Palestine Westwood 14/Final

WOSgrad

EC limped away from this one by defeating 3rd place team from E Texas as I told you folks all week this would be a tight game. Poor clock management on WW side of the ball and a "Silcox" miracle punt return to put them ahead late. Now, EC will prolly match up against Grandview and will be sent home.

Y'all go ahead and attack my opinion.

Carthage pullover sitting with LilTex & Robanadana calling EC's offense all night. Very predictable!!!!!

If y'all had an oc, you'd be so much better off.

Moss gotta give it to you, you can call them! But way to battle Bucs, Westwood has improved a lot!! Hats off to #4 great player, he should get a shot at playing more football!!

thanks bro..,I try to call it like I see it 

EC limped away from this one by defeating 3rd place team from E Texas as I told you folks all week this would be a tight game. Poor clock management on WW side of the ball and a "Silcox" miracle punt return to put them ahead late. Now, EC will prolly match up against Grandview and will be sent home.

Y'all go ahead and attack my opinion.

Carthage pullover sitting with LilTex & Robanadana calling EC's offense all night. Very predictable!!!!!

If y'all had an oc, you'd be so much better off.

Wouldn't call it a miracle, but it was a very big play for us! Didn't play well at all limped through the game ecspecially on offense, but in the playoffs a win is a win. Next week will need to play a lot better!!

I got to see real hs football 4.3 speed,I'd like to see Westwoods track team.EC escaped,but outside 2 long runs the Buc's defense was on point.Great game by Silcox tonight sealed the win on offense/defense/special teams

Silcox was the MVP of that game no doubt. His defense might have been more important than his offense. He made a couple key tackles.

I got to see real hs football 4.3 speed,I'd like to see Westwoods track team.EC escaped,but outside 2 long runs the Buc's defense was on point.Great game by Silcox tonight sealed the win on offense/defense/special teams

Defense can only hold good offenses to so many points, look at last week! Offense has got to get rolling, if not we will be playing basketball after next week!!

Great game from Dillon Silcox, he is East Chamber's treasure. Don't understand EC offensive coordinator...he gets into the red zone and completely goes away from what got him there...running the football. MossHill2, liltex, trocket and I could call their offense; if we can so can the other team. Palestine had the fastest sweep run I've seen all year by any team from #10...that had to be true 4.3 speed as MossHill2 put it. Though most hated this game for lack of offense, I LOVED IT for the good defense. Grandview / EC should be a great game. Grandview has a big QB who just signed with Baylor. Get ready Bucs!

Guest ECBucFan

EC not getting much love right now, and its understandable due to the nailbiter, but there was more positives than met the eye. First and foremost, the EC defense is tough as nails. Those guys responded time and time again. WW really only had two successful plays, and they both went for TD's. Other than that, the EC D stuffed them. Our D deserves a ton of credit.

The EC O did better than the score indicates. We moved the ball pretty well between the 20's, but didn't punch it in enough. Yes, I know the score is all that counts, but the O did move the ball, it just stalled out too much. Production was 7 points last week and only 9 tonight, but we can pick that up! Special teams played hard, but some mistakes bit us again. We can clean that up, too.

Finally, the Palestinians have vastly improved from last year. They have great speed and they played their hearts out tonight. They would have been a handful for many teams. They should be congratulated. None of this is meant to be any type of excuse, but some credit is due to the Bucs, as they earned the right to move on. Time to put it all together now! Go Bucs!   

Definitely won...but it sounds like EC had a little trouble with that 3rd place team.  I think it was just the other day..maybe a week or two when I was in argument with an EC fan because I said they didn't dominate anything other than this area.  I don't know..maybe I imagined it.  After all...I am getting up there in age.

Just more and more reason for me to believe that this area just cant compete with other areas.  Overall setx had some trouble last night when playing out of area schools..  Oh well.  No surprise to me.

Congrats on the win.

considering that EC is only going to get one, maybe two competitive games a year in district, maybe they should consider scheduling some good teams in pre-district.  HF had a decent season this year, which was abnormal, but Deweyville, Tarkington, and HF in pre-district, combined with everyone but kirbyville in district, means that EC had really only played one quality team and two decent teams all year heading into the playoffs. they got a matchup with a pretty good 8-2 team first round, and are very, very lucky to have come out of it with a win.  Same schedule last year, same type of deal.  they won a couple of playoff games, but westwood was a much weaker team last year, LRA was mediocre and EC beat them in a fairly close game, and then EC got absolutely destroyed by one of the few really good teams they played all year.  If the goal is to win 9-10 games every year, then by all means, keep the schedule as is.  But if you're wanting to compete at a state level, as EC appears to have the talent to do right now, they'd benefit greatly from challenging themselves in pre-district. Just my opinion.  

Edited by bullets13