Crosby 49 C.E. King 12/Final

WOSgrad

Loved the way Crosby played tonight. Reminded me a lot of how we played during the first three rounds last year. Crosby basically lined up and ran it between the guard and the center. When Crosby wanted to get cute they ran it between the guard and the tackle. 

Like I alluded to before the game, Trey Edwards outplayed Tray Williams. As salty as the defense was tonight I'm thinking Crosby only needs to average about 30ppg to get back to the semifinals. 

Lumberton . . . You're on the clock. 

Watching Fox Sports and hear Ahmad Vital quote Trey Edwards; "Right now we're collecting trophies but we want hardware". Also heard him say Trey rushed for 231 yards tonight, stats aren't up yet so idk how official that is? I would imagine Tray Williams had around 30 rushing yards total for comparison. 

Man, that almost looked personal.  Good ole boy club didn't help Price tonight!

Yeah, up 35-12 in the fourth and Crosby runs the starters back out there for Sqwirl's TD? Up 42-12 even later in the fourth when Emrich hits Woodard on the deep ball? Individually you're finishing the game, added together IDK? 

215 rushing yards for Trey Edwards on only 17 carries, 376 rushing yards total for Crosby. 13 for Tray Williams. 

This is the hidden content, please

I hadn't talked much with the Crosby fans this year but congratulations on a perfect season.  Now all you need is 6 more wins, good luck seriously.  If our D can play half as good as you alls did tonight against Williams, I feel we have a shot.  Thanks for laying out the blue print, now if we can just follow it and execute it...

Defensively last night for Crosby it was a complete game and the D line was flat out making plays.  They didn't bring a lot of pressure and they tackled well.  Hopefully Williams for King didn't get banged up too bad and is 100% next week.  Offensively it was nothing fancy really, running right up the gut. 

Defensively last night for Crosby it was a complete game and the D line was flat out making plays.  They didn't bring a lot of pressure and they tackled well.  Hopefully Williams for King didn't get banged up too bad and is 100% next week.  Offensively it was nothing fancy really, running right up the gut. 

Buddy stated a couple of games ago when he went and seen King play that, that he thought that was their soft spot, right up the middle.  Well we have a back that loves to run right up the middle...

I don't know wth Crosby did on defense but Central coaches had better been paying attention to how to stop Williams. 

Never thought I would let the words leave my mouth but this defense might be even better than last year's? Central doesn't have the defensive personnel Crosby does but Code Red might've done Central a solid and banged Willams up. Francis played running back nearly the whole second half of the game. Williams left with what looked like an ankle. 

Make no mistake though, Brantley and Coleman with those other receivers are more than capable of putting up big numbers themselves. Coleman is the real deal. Their offensive line with the Oliver boys is the real deal too, Crosby played very disciplined from the linebacker level back though. 

Buddy stated a couple of games ago when he went and seen King play that, that he thought that was their soft spot, right up the middle.  Well we have a back that loves to run right up the middle...

That's really the only way I think Central can win. You have to out-physical King. Even with Williams possibly banged up Brantley is still capable of having a 200/200 type game passing and rushing. It's still going to be about Central not turning it over and sustaining drives IMO. 

That's really the only way I think Central can win. You have to out-physical King. Even with Williams possibly banged up Brantley is still capable of having a 200/200 type game passing and rushing. It's still going to be about Central not turning it over and sustaining drives IMO. 

Well we will be one of the 1st playoff games to kickoff this playoff season, so we will see real soon. As for the passing game, despite loosing Locke to UT, I think we have a better secondary than last year.  Last year, we got beat in all phases of the game from the opening kickoff, I just don't think that will happen this year...

Yes the running backs for Crosby are good, but give a lot of credit to that massive O-Line.  Made holes all night and great protection to throw deep.   Every one knew CEK did not have the defense to match that line, heck CEK gave up over 40 points to the Hill.   The only thing that will stop Crosby in Region 3 is Crosby.  If they play smart , low penalties, no turnovers, stay healthy , may see them in the title game. , CEK had some dropped passes, will say CEK QB played with heart and played his tail off, seem to be the only spark on Kings offense,   2nd half, he had to shoulder everything, with Williams not playing, had to give him some recognition, a dang good QB., Crosby's Secondary did have some good coverage ,and gave time for the D line to put pressure on QB and forced him to run or throw the ball a way, Line backers are not big but were all over the field.   So much speed and size, very impressive.  . 

Yes the running backs for Crosby are good, but give a lot of credit to that massive O-Line.  Made holes all night and great protection to throw deep.   Every one knew CEK did not have the defense to match that line, heck CEK gave up over 40 points to the Hill.   The only thing that will stop Crosby in Region 3 is Crosby.  If they play smart , low penalties, no turnovers, stay healthy , may see them in the title game. , CEK had some dropped passes, will say CEK QB played with heart and played his tail off, seem to be the only spark on Kings offense,   2nd half, he had to shoulder everything, with Williams not playing, had to give him some recognition, a dang good QB., Crosby's Secondary did have some good coverage ,and gave time for the D line to put pressure on QB and forced him to run or throw the ball a way, Line backers are not big but were all over the field.   So much speed and size, very impressive.  . 

Agree.  Great game by the Coogs.  I also thought Brantley showed a lot of heart for King.  He played hard all night and carried his team.