Nederland vs. GCM as of late

ace2335

Nederland has trouble with multiple threat speed teams in my opinion. A running QB that has good backs and a WR weapon gives us fits. I think GCM has the overall speed edge and for some reason they don't have the miscues against the Dogs that they seem to have vs. other teams. It's all about match ups. Even if we escaped with a win tonight, I feel it would have been a bit lucky. I thought GCM outplayed us in every phase of the game except kicking. We were extremely flat as well. Credit to the GCM players and coaching staff for a well played ballgame. Keep your head up, Dogs. You are never as good or as bad as your last ballgame.

Edited by jake94

GCM played like a team with nothing to lose. We have match ups and kids to compete with anyone in this district. We had some stuff fall our way finally. Herman went out with injury and his back up came in and got the INT in the endzone. The 1st TD was on a scramble and NED let 2 WR's get behind them. Our Offense is still not that good when we don't use all our weapons but the defense played with alot of heart. Our # 10 only had about 5-6 touches and but he could have run by any of those DB's Ned had out there and we didn't take advantage.  

Anyone know how #7 for Ned is.. He went down in the 4th. Hope he is ok.

I'm wondering.... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Why is GCM Nederland's kryptonite? I'm mean literally no one in 22-5A has a chance beating them an some lone recently new school just seems to beat them every time. I mean am I tripping or what?

I don't know, because the first 4 times Ned played them in the playoffs they beat GCM.  Seem to have more issues when they play them in district.  Same thing with Dayton.

Actually they had their chances that;s all I will say, thinking my comments

GCM played like a team with nothing to lose. We have match ups and kids to compete with anyone in this district. We had some stuff fall our way finally. Herman went out with injury and his back up came in and got the INT in the endzone. The 1st TD was on a scramble and NED let 2 WR's get behind them. Our Offense is still not that good when we don't use all our weapons but the defense played with alot of heart. Our # 10 only had about 5-6 touches and but he could have run by any of those DB's Ned had out there and we didn't take advantage.  

Anyone know how #7 for Ned is.. He went down in the 4th. Hope he is ok.

He fine thanks for asking

Nederland has trouble with multiple threat speed teams in my opinion. A running QB that has good backs and a WR weapon gives us fits. I think GCM has the overall speed edge and for some reason they don't have the miscues against the Dogs that they seem to have vs. other teams. It's all about match ups. Even if we escaped with a win tonight, I feel it would have been a bit lucky. I thought GCM outplayed us in every phase of the game except kicking. We were extremely flat as well. Credit to the GCM players and coaching staff for a well played ballgame. Keep your head up, Dogs. You are never as good or as bad as your last ballgame.

Jake I think you hit it on the head, we've had trouble with teams with a running QB going back to 2004 with Jacksonville, they had a running QB who we had trouble with the entire ballgame and although they had a good defense we should have beat them but ended up losing 20-14. This is why it will be a tough test against New Caney because their QB Ware can run and pass.