Lumberton 28 Vidor 13/Final

WOSgrad

I played and graduated with Sam. I do know.  1990ish BJ Stankovich SMU.

Look.  We are two different generations.  I remember the interstate 10 Vidor 0 signs. Our recent records are resembling those teams with two huge exceptions, these kids are playing hard as a team and have amazing talent.

Being embarrassed for Homecoming is not the usual result we should have been witnessed too.  Changes need to me made.  Either offense and defense schemes, formations or playing style.  Jeff can make these changes, but is he willing too?  I expect better results.  If you don't then do you really care?  This isn't Fun, Fair football where everyone gets a trophy. Wins do mean something and that is something we are doing less and less. 

No, based on what you've said we are the same generation.  I know all about Interstate 10 years, and I know Sam and BJ.  My whole point was that you made this stand earlier about Jeff not "producing" D1 players.  Gooch -Latech... Culbert Arkansas... Gooch Texas Tech... BJ went to SMU but other than that you haven't named another D1 player in 60 years of Pirate football(and I'm sure there were more). I'm just pointing out that the town of Vidor is not a hotbed of D1 talent regardless of who is coaching.  

Jeff is a great coach and he has a system in place for the talent, size, and speed we have.  What system changes do you recommend?  And please be specific and explain how our current talent, size, and speed will be successful in that type of system.

And yes, I care plenty.  I have a son playing in this program right now, and we aren't interested in participation medals.  However, regardless of how his high school career turns out or how many playoff wins he experiences I know he has experienced a program that will have a very positive impact on his life.  Your profile has you in Katy, so I'm not sure how invested you are in Vidor anymore.  For some of us it's more that chirping on a message board.

And yes, I care plenty.  I have a son playing in this program right now, and we aren't interested in participation medals.  However, regardless of how his high school career turns out or how many playoff wins he experiences I know he has experienced a program that will have a very positive impact on his life.  Your profile has you in Katy, so I'm not sure how invested you are in Vidor anymore.  For some of us it's more that chirping on a message board.

I'll respond to both posts.  I shouldn't have said D1.  I really mean all levels of collegiate ball.  My theory is the T Slot can pad ruahing stats that a back would not get in a single back formation.  It takes all receivers out of the equation and requires an O line that is smaller and faster for the pull out blocks.  I recommend, as do many Pirate fans, to change to some snaps from the Shotgun.  Here is a thought, first play line up in T Slot and then drop the QB to shotgun and have the backs go out wide.  At the very least the opponent will burn a timeout.  Geez, try something new.  As for the D, our backs were below average this year.  Cheat a safety and blitz libebackers every down.  A high school QB will make mistakes when rushed.  

Please don't attack me for new ideas that I hear fans mention every game.

As for your mention that I'm not inbested anymore.  My alarm plays Slavonic every morning.  I take off half days to make games.  I drove to Pensacola last year to watch a team in which I know no one playing.  My daughter begs me to move back and loves to attend the games.  Unless you have moved away, you can never understand what makes SE TX football special.  Having your own stadiums.  Having your own traditions.  I would love to move back here.  My son is attending Oak Forest because the Katy area schools have declined.  I'm extremely invested in the entire Vidor football program.

I don't want to lose Jeff.  But I'm feeling that "oh well" mentality that plagued us so many years.  We deserve better results.  There has to be a way to get them.

I'll respond to both posts.  I shouldn't have said D1.  I really mean all levels of collegiate ball.  My theory is the T Slot can pad ruahing stats that a back would not get in a single back formation.  It takes all receivers out of the equation and requires an O line that is smaller and faster for the pull out blocks.  I recommend, as do many Pirate fans, to change to some snaps from the Shotgun.  Here is a thought, first play line up in T Slot and then drop the QB to shotgun and have the backs go out wide.  At the very least the oppont will burn a timeout.  Geez, try something new.  As for the D, our backs were below average this year.  Cheat a safety and blitz libebackers every down.  A high school QB will make mistakes when rushed.  

Please don't attack me for new ideas that I hear fans mention every game.

As for your mention that I'm not inbested anymore.  My alarm plays Slavonic every morning.  I take off half days to make games.  I drove to Pensacola last year to watch a team in which I know no one playing.  My daughter begs me to move back and loves to attend the games.  Unless you have moved away, you can never understand what makes SE TX football special.  Having your own stadiums.  Having your own traditions.  I would love to move back here.  My son is attending Oak Forest because the Katy area schools have declined.  I'm extremely invested in the entire Vidor football program.

I don't want to lose Jeff.  But I'm feeling that "oh well" mentality that plagued us so many years.  We deserve better results.  There has to be a way to get them.

if you'll notice I said, I wasn't sure of your investment.  It sounds like you make some pretty special efforts to see our Pirates in action.  That's great, and I love the fact that you have Slavonic on your phone. That's pretty cool.

I do think sometimes people overplay the idea that we need to keep Jeff because he's a good guy.  I don't see it that way.  I think he's a great coach with a big job, and his results speak for themselves.  He is the winningest coach in Vidor's history.  His teams have made four trips to the playoffs.  I think we had two trips in the previous 60 years.  We'd be foolish to lose him.  My first question would be who is going to come in and get better results?

I'm going to wrap this up. It's past my bedtime.  You sound like a pretty good guy, and we probably even suited up on the same team at one point.  Go Pirates!

First off Congrats to Lumberton. You are the better team and the better prepared team tonight. Good luck in the playoffs.

As for the Vidor players you continue to play hard and keep fighting.

Here's my evaluation of the game tonight. Vidor was not prepared for this game tonight. Offensive and defensive sides of the ball. I'm sorry if some see this as "coach bashing", put the HC, OC and DC has to take responsibility for the performance. They are responsible for developing the game plan and for carrying it out. I don't think the game plan on both sides of the ball has changed since week 1.

Offensive tonight, same predictable play calling from the first snap to the last. Same formations and schemes, nothing new except one play. Don't think we picked up a first down until almost halftime. Congrats to Lumberton DC, you watched the film and taught the scheme to stop us. Ya'll played good assignment defense and stayed at home stopping the big play and not going for the ball fakes. I said it last week and I'll say this week. You can't pass if you take every snap under center, play action and rolling out. All with a run blitzing defense coming at you.

Defense: We don't have to blitz every play. We did a better job tonight defending the pass, although that's not Lumberton's strong suit. No answer to the power sweep and no adjustment made until halftime. After giving up several long runs and a couple of TDs, I started watching the defense coming off the field. I thought I would see the unit gathered up and coached on the sideline. Not once did I see that happen. The unit goes to the bench and sits and waits for the next series.

Overall: It appears we have several young coaches. I think we could benefit from older more experienced coaches. We need a change/over haul of our offensive schemes. This form of the slot t isn't working. I would like to see a variation of the slot t and read option. Get in some shotgun formations, for both run and pass.

I'm sorry, no trying to start a war. I appreciate Jeff's passion for the game and how the kids lay it out for him. We just need to be open to new ideals and fresh looks. Does that mean a change in coaches or just a real eye opening? With 18 returning starters, we should improve on the previous year. I have no dog in this hunt. Just a fan of the program and wanting to see it succeed. Again, not meant to be "coach bashing" (but some will see it that way anyway) just my opinion. Not that it's worth much.

Great win for the Raiders! Defense stepped up big time, and Rhodes was a beast on offense. Playoff bound, but district isn't over. Vidor gave Nederland a run for their money, and Goose Creek just beat them.... So with that being said, we have a very good chance at winning next week!!

I think the raiders chances are great to beat big Ned, good luck in the postseason I'm on the L train! Woot woot