Ennis vs Lufkin crazy finish

@ScottBellDMN: Defending state champion Ennis just lost to Lufkin ... because someone tossed a coin in the air and it landed on the wrong side. #txhsfb

@Matt_Stepp817: Ennis HC Jack Alvarez "I was feeling lucky" on agreeing to flip a coin to decide the Lions game vs Lufkin #txhsfb @TheOldCoach @etsnfm

Guest ECBucFan

Its small consolation but it is great Ennis lost this game on a flip. The referees gave Ennis the Championship last year, over the deserving team, Ceder Park.      

how can ECBucFan say they deserved to lose last year. I saw the game and they did deserved to win. Must be the Ennis coach used to coach at Kirbyville who has been a thorn in EC side. Might be that Kville will stick another thorn in that side this year.

i didn't understand it either when the refs were damn near giving CP the trophy before #10 and #11 from Ennis put an end to it. That game was blantly lopsided towards CP  as far as officiating goes. 

Guest ECBucFan

Must be the Ennis coach used to coach at Kirbyville who has been a thorn in EC side. Might be that Kville will stick another thorn in that side this year.

HUH? As far as I know, EC never played against the old Kirbyville coach. EC does not regard KV as a "thorn" as far as I know. If you remember, EC was the #1 seed last year. We like and welcome good competition. I am glad KV is in our district. So, I dunno what you are talking about, but whatever...

As far as Ennis not deserving to win state game due to refs, pretty sure other team had more calls in favor of them. Cedar Park fumbled a ball that got called down, Ennis lost a fumble that wasn't a fumble, cedar park got a crucial first down towards end of game that was clearly not measured correctly need I go on? I was at that game and we saw bad calls but wait that game was televised and can be watched again with replay and guess what, cedar park had more favorable calls in that game yet Ennis prevailed. 

Time to get past that bitterness and realize a good team won that wasn't handed the game but earned the title. 

I will step down off soap box now.