Crosby 42 New Caney 35/Final (OT)

WOSgrad

New Caney is a lot better than people think.  Only weakness I saw was the kicking game.  

Not second guessing NC coach cause he had a great game plan but what you mentioned is why I would have gone for 2 and the win in regulation. Dude loves to gamble and when he called a timeout before the extra point I just knew he was going for it.

Crosby's Defense made great adjustments. Trey Edwards 178 yards last week. What happened this week?

Coaches didn't even put him in.  Williams did good but you could tell he wasn't 100%.  Trey should have been in the game in several run situations and for whatever reason he wasn't put in the game.  Hmmm ?

Not second guessing NC coach cause he had a great game plan but what you mentioned is why I would have gone for 2 and the win in regulation. Dude loves to gamble and when he called a timeout before the extra point I just knew he was going for it.

When you go for two though I think you're kind of saying this is my only chance to win.  The people I was sitting with, we said about the 5:00 mark of they score late they would go for 2, but they kicked the extra point. I guess he didn't want it to come down to one play.

When you go for two though I think you're kind of saying this is my only chance to win.  The people I was sitting with, we said about the 5:00 mark of they score late they would go for 2, but they kicked the extra point. I guess he didn't want it to come down to one play.

Great game either way. Just suprised me. Win or lose it wasn't going to affect their seeding or Crosbys and after a fake punt early and an onside kick I just thought he would go for 2. No right or wrong descision either way. By the way I didn't see either of the 2 plays I mentioned above as the coach thinking this is the only way we can win. That team didn't play scared for sure. NC coach reminds me a lot of Vanmeter.

Edited by bronco pride

Great game either way. Just suprised me. Win or lose it wasn't going to affect their seeding or Crosbys and after a fake punt early and an onside kick I just thought he would go for 2. No right or wrong descision either way. By the way I didn't see either of the 2 plays I mentioned above as the coach thinking this is the only way we can win. That team didn't play scared for sure. NC coach reminds me a lot of Vanmeter.

Oh they didn't play scared, all I was trying to say was he thought he was going to win in OT.  He had confidence in his team and didn't want a missed 2 point conversion be the difference.  That offense is tough to stop.  The one thing I don't understand, if you're going to pooch kick and you pooch it to the 40-45, why not kick the onside kick?  On other note, I think Nederland will have their hands full after seeing them play.