Beaumont Central 36 Vidor 21/Final

WOSgrad

you know Montana wasn't the only one on that team right?? We had 3 running backs also. I mean if that year was all Montana what happened the next when year when it was just him? 1 and done. I'm not trying to discount how good Montana was. He was one of the best players we've had but I am saying he wasn't the key for that offense clicking. Our defense was on point that year. Plus when Matt died it gave them something to play for that meant more than anything to them. Like my brother says (he was the starting tailback that year) the reason that tram was so good that year was because they believed in themselves and they legitmately believed they could beat everyone they played.

Where in my post did I say it was all MQ? I said that was a special GROUP of kids with MQ. Besides, I was not comparing that team to this team. I believe the comment was made that this is the same offense that took us 3 rounds. I disagree! It may look like the same offense and all, but its far from the same. That offense gave teams different looks week in and week out. This offense is predictable. That offense had different formations and packages that change week in and week out. This offense has the same formation each time they line up. That offense had teams on edge and gave us the advantage when we lined up. This offense gives no advantage to us. Defenses can watch tape and know what to expect. I'm not questioning any kids heart or desire or their drive. I believe returning 19 starters from the previous year,  you should improve on the previous year.

Where in my post did I say it was all MQ? I said that was a special GROUP of kids with MQ. Besides, I was not comparing that team to this team. I believe the comment was made that this is the same offense that took us 3 rounds. I disagree! It may look like the same offense and all, but its far from the same. That offense gave teams different looks week in and week out. This offense is predictable. That offense had different formations and packages that change week in and week out. This offense has the same formation each time they line up. That offense had teams on edge and gave us the advantage when we lined up. This offense gives no advantage to us. Defenses can watch tape and know what to expect. I'm not questioning any kids heart or desire or their drive. I believe returning 19 starters from the previous year,  you should improve on the previous year.

Y'all talking about Quirante and made me go and watch his YouTube highlights...  That kid was special.  I wish he would've kept playing football...

Well, I thought we had an understanding.....I guess I was wrong!

You might notice that this thread has a few less posts in it than when you went to bed last night.

I asked nicely...some listened, many didn't.  So here's how it goes.

If I see any more posts which continue to bash the coaches (which I remind, AGAIN, is a violation of message board rules), they will come down.  If it continues. people will be officially warned.  If it continues further, people will disappear.

I'm not playing, guys!

P.S. To Coach Mathews, if you see this, I apologize for taking a while to get to these.

I want to take some time to congratulate the former starting  Sr. QB, D. Hopkins.  You remained professional dispite being benched early in district.  Now your playing defense and being an impact player.  You came in and made several tackles, some for losses in this Vidor game.  Says a lot about this kid and what he's willing to do for the better of the team.  You could've easily packed your stuff and just quit.  Kudos to you, young man!

I want to take some time to congratulate the former starting  Sr. QB, D. Hopkins.  You remained professional dispite being benched early in district.  Now your playing defense and being an impact player.  You came in and made several tackles, some for losses in this Vidor game.  Says a lot about this kid and what he's willing to do for the better of the team.  You could've easily packed your stuff and just quit.  Kudos to you, young man!

If you only knew...

The lessons of the game aren't always in the X's and O's.  Nice job by the young man in doing what he can to contribute to the team even though it wasn't in the way he thought it was going to be at the start of the season.

Edited by WOSgrad