Crosby vs Dayton

Jab,punch,down trod Dayt,as soon as Crosby whips Dayt arse the next 10 straight=Code Red will be a .500 ball club vs Broncos

I think Crosby will close that gap significantly with what we have coming through the system. There's a good chance Riordan never loses to Dayton during his tenure. Not only because he's a much better coach and has better support, but also because 5 or 6 years from now Crosby will probably have a 300+ kid enrollment advantage on Dayton that we've never had before.  

I think Crosby will close that gap significantly with what we have coming through the system. There's a good chance Riordan never loses to Dayton during his tenure. Not only because he's a much better coach and has better support, but also because 5 or 6 years from now Crosby will probably have a 300+ kid enrollment advantage on Dayton that we've never had before.  

There are new houses going up left and right here in Dayton. People moving in everyday. Dayton is becoming more popular with families who don't want their kids raised in the city. Yet are close enough to commute there for work. Plants/businesses going up left and right along I-10 in Baytown and in Mont Belvieu. Though Crosby's enrollment may increase over Dayton. I don't think it will be 300+

Housing behind the civic center. Houses going up on 1008 and duplexes coming soon in Dayton somewhere. 

yes.. i know about those by the civic center... that's just a handful though. I'm talking big neighborhoods. The duplexes are going to be literally across the street from me. I suppose they could be considered large scale. I'm not knocking dayton... I live here and don't have any intentions of leaving. Just get on a homefinder app and see how much new construction is going on in Crosby compared to Dayton. It's not close.

Edited by dayton

Housing behind the civic center. Houses going up on 1008 and duplexes coming soon in Dayton somewhere. 

Mom lives in Crosby and my sister just moved her and her family from Crosby to Dayton. Tons of land being sold to developers in Crosby as the old farm land is sold off. It will start happening here before long between BH and Dayton on 146. Dayton just recently passed a huge bond for schools and improvements. I remember going down 146 at night and you would be lucky to see a handful of cars between Dayton and I-10. Now it looks like hwy 90. Times are definitely changing and I'm sure one day I will be moving on. Don't live in Dayton because I want to fight 10000 people every time I go down the road.  Now back to the thread. Can't wait for the NC game tomorrow.

Edited by bronco pride

There are new houses going up left and right here in Dayton. People moving in everyday. Dayton is becoming more popular with families who don't want their kids raised in the city. Yet are close enough to commute there for work. Plants/businesses going up left and right along I-10 in Baytown and in Mont Belvieu. Though Crosby's enrollment may increase over Dayton. I don't think it will be 300+

If Dayton's enrollment doesn't increase this realignment they're probably going to be close to 200 kids smaller already. Crosby will probably turn in something close to 1600 and Dayton will turn in about 1400-1450 next week. They're the only school in the district that actually lost kids last alignment too. I know older people are moving to Dayton to escape the congestion but I'm interested to see what that does for the enrollment. 

The enrollment doesn't matter if kids dont participate. Getting really tired of explaining that to ppl around here in this area, better get yall arse up and watch football in different areas of Texas other than the elbow/underarm of Texas and find out firsthand. 

The enrollment doesn't matter if kids dont participate. Getting really tired of explaining that to ppl around here in this area, better get yall arse up and watch football in different areas of Texas other than the elbow/underarm of Texas and find out firsthand. 

Amen brother. Just look at Milby. 6a school with 1a participation. Lol. Just look at a school like Cameron Yoe and see how many kids participate compared to their enrollment. Wonder why their good every year.

Edited by bronco pride

All this hoopla about growth - we will have 300 more students and you will be the smallest school in the district blah,blah,blah ! Just because Crosby exist on the map doesn't mean Dayton 10 miles down the road is relegated inside a vacuum, we are steadily growing and will continue to do so and there's no ordinance that says only old people can move here that I know of. Everyone knows our football program had been run in the ground the last five years by a HC that doesn't care about winning , doesn't care about the kids, doesn't care about the parents , and doesn't care about the fans. I suspect he will be gone next year either that or some school-board members. We have enough athletes roaming the halls in Dayton to create another football team but they won't participate because they don't respect the HC. Numbers don't equate a better team ask North Shore. When we get our new HC you will see Dayton rise to the top and become dominant again. Look at our broken program it took the #2 team in the state well into the 4th qrt. to beat us.

All this hoopla about growth - we will have 300 more students and you will be the smallest school in the district blah,blah,blah ! Just because Crosby exist on the map doesn't mean Dayton 10 miles down the road is relegated inside a vacuum, we are steadily growing and will continue to do so and there's no ordinance that says only old people can move here that I know of. Everyone knows our football program had been run in the ground the last five years by a HC that doesn't care about winning , doesn't care about the kids, doesn't care about the parents , and doesn't care about the fans. I suspect he will be gone next year either that or some school-board members. We have enough athletes roaming the halls in Dayton to create another football team but they won't participate because they don't respect the HC. Numbers don't equate a better team ask North Shore. When we get our new HC you will see Dayton rise to the top and become dominant again. Look at our broken program it took the #2 team in the state well into the 4th qrt. to beat us.

I think you would have to look at Deer Park to say numbers don't equate to a better team. North Shore having more numbers than everybody is why with what a lot of people feel was sub-par coaching they won a state title and 78 consecutive regular season games. Other than Katy, North Shore has been the best 6A program around here for the last 20 years. Why do you think that is?

Amen brother. Just look at Milby. 6a school with 1a participation. Lol. Just look at a school like Cameron Yoe and see how many kids participate compared to their enrollment. Wonder why their good every year.

Participation rates are only relevant when school enrollments are equal. I don't care if 100% of the males played at Huffman, if Crosby had even a 50% participation rate they would crush them on a yearly basis because the talent pool they can pull that 50% from is deeper. Demographics also play a vital role which is why even if more kids played at BH you might not see drastically different results.

Participation rates are only relevant when school enrollments are equal. I don't care if 100% of the males played at Huffman, if Crosby had even a 50% participation rate they would crush them on a yearly basis because the talent pool they can pull that 50% from is deeper. Demographics also play a vital role which is why even if more kids played at BH you might not see drastically different results.

Really. Aledo seemed to do fine with far less enrollment last year. I would be shocked if they played 1 school smaller than them in the playoffs. I would guess they have excellent participation and the demographics are probably close to that of BH. 

I think you would have to look at Deer Park to say numbers don't equate to a better team. North Shore having more numbers than everybody is why with what a lot of people feel was sub-par coaching they won a state title and 78 consecutive regular season games. Other than Katy, North Shore has been the best 6A program around here for the last 20 years. Why do you think that is?

how many State titles do they have - using your logic they should play for state every year . Look at WOS,PLC, ElCampo, LaMarque to name just a few -soory your numbers game just isn't significant unless the numbers are grossly imbalanced.

Dallas Skyline played Allen in the playoffs with a varsity roster of 44 kids, and damn near beat em. Kirbyville, EC and Ozen had a max roster of 36, teams in bold are 3A with JV squads. Nuff said. Sick of the enrollment number talk, the participation numbers are the only numbers that matter. Enrollment number crap is nothing but a glorified pre-empted excuse for a potential loss.