Beaumont West Brook 61 Channelview 38/Final

WOSgrad

Lil Joe Joe with for 280 yards. Congrats to him and the Brook.  Especially after hearing his Grandfather passed away at 1am, and wasn't gonna play.  Keep his family in you'll prayers.  This show guts from a young man his age to play tonight  After such a sad moment in his life and for him to have a great performance like he did tonight.  Prayers going up from the Miller family to the Dunly family

+1

Thanks KJ dad, it's been difficult for my family. Jojo has taken this sudden lost very hard. I'm so proud of my son for showing that he is ready to step into man hood. Thanks again to this forum and all the dads tonight for wrapping your arms around my family

Your welcome, I never met you but Ik you cool with my Bro Dime, so you consider family in my eyes.  Once again Prayers being Sent for the Miller Family to the Denly Family 

Wow! Can't say I saw this one coming. 61 points? Is WB getting better, or is Channelview just that overrated?

Probabky a little of both. I thought they would lose to North Shore and La Porte but not to Brook for the second year in a row. Now they probably won't make the playoffs again if they can't get by DP. 

What it highlights is the personnel differences between good teams in the classes. Hurts has a field day against lesser competition but could only manage 10-27 when the windows aren't as big. I think that's telling when you have an Alabama commit at qb that will probably never get to playin a playoff game. 

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Cougar14.2

Some changes were made on the OLine this week, including a new center.  These boys dominated up front, and Denley was amazing.  I personally know how close him and his grandfather was, and he seemed to be really playing some inspired ball.  I'm sure his grandpa was smiling down on him.  After one of his TDs, he came to the fence, jumped up on the rail and hugged his dad and both of them dropped a few tears, it was a touching moment as several ppl in the strands were sniffling too.  I am so Proud of JoJo, and the entire Denley family, who we're all in attendance like always, including the grandmother.  That is a very strong family.  RIP to Pops, as I always called him, he was certainly JoJo's #1 fan.  Brook Nation gone miss u.  Prayers for the Denley family.

I also want to point out that WB coaches called a hell of a game.  Defensive game plan was amazing, as we often had 4 corners on the field and they were covering like a blanket, forcing hurts to scramble a lot.  They basically held that high powered offense to 24 points, as 1 of their TDs was a pick 6, and another was a KOR for a TD.  To hold that offense averaging 60+ to only 3 TDs was amazing, and even one of those TDs was a blown coverage, as the secondary didn't know we're to lineup at and was trying to call a timeout, but Hurts did a quick snap and burned them.  Great game overall, except for the loss of Baldwin, that will hurt us for sure.  Get well Darby.

How about great job WB. Understand folks logic only applies to every team but Crosby they are the one who is allowed to defy logic in the SETX coverage area. Period.

Your post are starting to get dumber as the season progresses. I just said WB won because they had better players and held an Alabama commit to 10-27 passing. Then linked the statistics to the game for people to see. 

The point I was making was how much better a good 6A team is than a good 5A team and why Hurts will have two sons combine for over 10,000 passing yards and never play a playoff game. Smh, you're worse than my wife man. 

Not sure how accurate this is but my son told me that they held Hurts to 179 yards passing, which is his lowest total since his sophomore year. 176 of that was in the first half, and he only had 3 yards passing in the 2nd half, although he did do damage with his legs. Once again, I don't know how accurate those #s are but my son plays DB for Brook and that's what one of the coaches told them. 

Not sure how accurate this is but my son told me that they held Hurts to 179 yards passing, which is his lowest total since his sophomore year. 176 of that was in the first half, and he only had 3 yards passing in the 2nd half, although he did do damage with his legs. Once again, I don't know how accurate those #s are but my son plays DB for Brook and that's what one of the coaches told them. 

198 yrds and 1 TD passing.  Off of 10 of 27 passing...