Shelbyville is looking towards a special season!!

prepballfan

I was a coach at Shelbyville back in 1983 when they won their last football district championship.The folks there that I'm still in touch with tell me that
this years senior group is one of those once in 30 years group.They eat,sleep and breath football and all are as close as brothers off the field.
They don't have a lot of size but make up for it with a lot of speed,hustle and heart.They have a 140 pound noseguard that was 1st team All State last year and a senior runningback that was 1st team All State as a sophmore and (I was told) played the last 3 games last year with what turned out to be a broken leg.I'm going to drive up next week and see there game against Joaquin. When these two schools play it's husband against wife,brother against brother and grandparents sitting on one side for a half and the other side the next half because their two districts overlap and in those areas students can go to either school.

I was a coach at Shelbyville back in 1983 when they won their last football district championship.The folks there that I'm still in touch with tell me that
this years senior group is one of those once in 30 years group.They eat,sleep and breath football and all are as close as brothers off the field.
They don't have a lot of size but make up for it with a lot of speed,hustle and heart.They have a 140 pound noseguard that was 1st team All State last year and a senior runningback that was 1st team All State as a sophmore and (I was told) played the last 3 games last year with what turned out to be a broken leg.I'm going to drive up next week and see there game against Joaquin. When these two schools play it's husband against wife,brother against brother and grandparents sitting on one side for a half and the other side the next half because their two districts overlap and in those areas students can go to either school.

Not sure how long you have been here but welcome to the boards. Its nice to see someone in support of our northern districts schools. A big congrats to Shelbyville on there season so far. A couple of questions for you. Do you still coach. How long did you coach in SHelbyville?

Not sure how long you have been here but welcome to the boards. Its nice to see someone in support of our northern districts schools. A big congrats to Shelbyville on there season so far. A couple of questions for you. Do you still coach. How long did you coach in SHelbyville?

I'm pushing 70 now and have been retired 5 years and currently live on the lake north of Jasper. I coached at Shelbyville from 1981 to 1989.Before that I was at Cedar Hill and Nacogdoches.

I don't remember the exact yr, maybe 2005...but Shelbyville was in our district and they were 5-0 going into their game with us. We were 4-1. They were cocky and very disrespectful. When their players ran out onto the field, they all gathered on top of our wildcat logo in the middle of the field and started jumping up and down on it. Then when we were playing our school song they were loud and obnoxious and taunting our side the whole time, never stopping to show respect. When the game was over, we had handed them their first and very well-deserved loss to the tune of 60-8. I hope they learned their lesson and show more respect to their opponent than they did that game.

I don't remember the exact yr, maybe 2005...but Shelbyville was in our district and they were 5-0 going into their game with us. We were 4-1. They were cocky and very disrespectful. When their players ran out onto the field, they all gathered on top of our wildcat logo in the middle of the field and started jumping up and down on it. Then when we were playing our school song they were loud and obnoxious and taunting our side the whole time, never stopping to show respect. When the game was over, we had handed them their first and very well-deserved loss to the tune of 60-8. I hope they learned their lesson and show more respect to their opponent than they did that game.

Well thjat was them and this is now. Dont think this Shelbyville team is a pretender in anyway.

What school are you from?