Richmond Foster 42 West Orange-Stark 14/Final

WOSgrad

My thoughts were that Dallas has been on the big stage and hes stone cold under pressure. Not sure what happened there, with the interceptions. Not saying by any means that was the reason for the loss obviously., but he if has a better game.....

hopefully someone from Foster posts the game on Youtube then you can check it out. 

Listening to the game...sounded like WOS under performed a little also. WOS is the exception to most rules. They consistently produce quality squads.

Even after Saturdays perfomance, I would pick WOS if they were to play Foster again next week.. Chip on shoulders, just dont think they would lose the 2nd time around. They have more grit than any team I've seen play.

Thanks for the confidence but they are better than we are.

My thoughts were that Dallas has been on the big stage and hes stone cold under pressure. Not sure what happened there, with the interceptions. Not saying by any means that was the reason for the loss obviously., but he if has a better game.....

Actually, the INT's were more a forced issue than some others. He was getting hit on every play and had to throw a few before it developed. Pretty much, after every pass, I would look back just after the play and he would be getting up from being knocked down. Not a recipe for a ton of accuracy. As it got late, we had to force some things to try and get back into the game.

The dropped TD pass and the fumble were not forced errors IMO. Kid was alone in the endzone and the pass hit him in stride and the fumble wasn't a bone jarring hit. He just dropped the ball. We also had a couple other drops, but none of it would have made up the 28 point deficit. As others have said, they were just better. 

Edited by Gasilla

Actually, the INT's were more a forced issue than some others. He was getting hit on every play and had to throw a few before it developed. Pretty much, after every pass, I would look back just after the play and he would be getting up from being knocked down. Not a recipe for a ton of accuracy. As it got late, we had to force some things to try and get back into the game.

The dropped TD pass and the fumble were not forced errors IMO. Kid was alone in the endzone and the pass hit him in stride and the fumble wasn't a bone jarring hit. He just dropped the ball. We also had a couple other drops, but none of it would have made up the 28 point deficit. As others have said, they were just better. 

Tried looking for a replay of the game and couldn't find one. I missed some of the radio broadcast also. I'm just having a hard time believing WOS was out manned..lol

WOS lost, RF control the line of scrimmage, they where bigger, RF was athletic like WOS,  and RF was better.  Me being a fan (Son plays on team)  and was at the game, I'm just telling it how it was and how I seen it.   WOS will take this lose as a learning experience and build off it. At this moment the kids are focusing on Newton and expecting to win the game. So there you have it that's as truthful as its going to get.  

Edited by Kj Dad

Thankfully we will not see another team on the level of Richmond Foster the remainder of the season or anywhere in 4A D2, and we won't play them next year, either. RF should become a 6A team at the next realignment, so WO-S was literally playing out of their league. I am not surprised by the loss, but did think the score would be closer. The wheels totally came off in the 4th Q. Even if we had not dropped passes and fumbled at the 3 yard line, we still would have lost. They were much better than us. I think playing them close last year got the hopes up for many WO-S faithful, but last year we had a state champion caliber team and a do-it-all Deointe Thompson. Plus, RF was a slightly lesser version of this year's bunch. That combination made for a close game, but that was the exception. In most years, the make ups of these two teams would be similar and RF would win almost every time. It is what it is.

So, Cougar 14.2, I know I speak for many WO-S followers who do NOT think we can conquer the world. What's odd about this whole exchange is your persistent posting about WO-S...a team that has no rivalry with yours. We've played your team once in the 80's. What is it with the Crosby trollers? It reminds me of a couple of BH trollers not long ago. We had no rivalry with them, either, but they couldn't resist jumping on the WO-S threads. 

I cannot imagine any BH troller talking too much smack over the last 5 or 6 years. If so, they are mentally challenged or just stupid.  We are sitting home for the 3rd year in a row,   Nice to read threads of teams that will make some noise in the play-offs, whether 3A, 4A, or 5A

I still don't buy into his reasoning. I don't believe that Houston area 5A DI is that dominant. I think it's a year to year deal. Like someone else said on another site. La Vernia beat PLC fairly handily last yr. That same PLC team took Foster to the wire later on. Sure, if both are loaded then naturally the 5A DI team will beat the 4A DII team. But, that's not a hard and fast rule. I thought that the Stangs would prove that, but it didn't work out and it ended up pretty close to how he said it would so really hard to keep debating. Such is life. I think Foster is a little more loaded then he's giving them credit for. They were far better this year then they were last year IMO. We will see this week when they play George Ranch.

My reasoning isn't because Houston area 5A D1 is more dominant. I keep telling you Foster will go 7-4/8-3 with another first round L. My reasoning is because those teams have better, bigger and faster players than WOS and you rarely get the coaching advantages you do when you play the 5A's from SETX. That's how it should look when you're playing a team with over three times the enrollment and a well compensated staff. I know beating PNG gave y'all some confidence but there's a reason  they've only advanced past the first round 3 times the last 10 years. Regardless of what they tell you or what you think you see there's a huge talent gap between PNG and the rest of the good 5A teams in Houston. 

Think about how Foster looked. Now imagine Crosby having a better qb, a better rb(even with Grace missing), better wr core, a better offensive line and better dbs. Not to mention probably a better coach. 

Think about it Gasilla. You had already watched both teams play and formed an opinion. I hadn't seen either play but used norms/stats and told you pretty much exactly what would happen.

WOS is a beast because they skew the ratio as far as talent production for ther class. You take that same talent and put it with the upper level 5A teams and it's pretty average though. Do teams always have a talent like DT? Of course not but even a team like FB Marshall who had a 5-star rated higher than DT and multiple 3/4 stars got crushed by PLC. 

What you'll eventually realize is that to be a good 5A team in Houston you're probably going to be loaded, you're not winning many districts over here without multiple D1 recruits. 

My reasoning isn't because Houston area 5A D1 is more dominant. I keep telling you Foster will go 7-4/8-3 with another first round L. My reasoning is because those teams have better, bigger and faster players than WOS and you rarely get the coaching advantages you do when you play the 5A's from SETX. That's how it should look when you're playing a team with over three times the enrollment and a well compensated staff. I know beating PNG gave y'all some confidence but there's a reason  they've only advanced past the first round 3 times the last 10 years. Regardless of what they tell you or what you think you see there's a huge talent gap between PNG and the rest of the good 5A teams in Houston. 

Think about how Foster looked. Now imagine Crosby having a better qb, a better rb(even with Grace missing), better wr core, a better offensive line and better dbs. Not to mention probably a better coach. 

Think about it Gasilla. You had already watched both teams play and formed an opinion. I hadn't seen either play but used norms/stats and told you pretty much exactly what would happen.

WOS is a beast because they skew the ratio as far as talent production for ther class. You take that same talent and put it with the upper level 5A teams and it's pretty average though. Do teams always have a talent like DT? Of course not but even a team like FB Marshall who had a 5-star rated higher than DT and multiple 3/4 stars got crushed by PLC. 

What you'll eventually realize is that to be a good 5A team in Houston you're probably going to be loaded, you're not winning many districts over here without multiple D1 recruits. 

watchout, posting facts while being a Crosby supporter will get you attacked on here by a certain sensitive group. 

Well if you throw enough darts you eventually hit a bullseye. A certain somebody's statistical anaylsis of the way the Dayton Humble game was going to go was way off. Just so happens they worked out for this game. Fact is WOS has competed and beat Dayton when Dayton would kill teams like Foster. Oh well this game is long over and this subject has been beat to death. I just had to throw my 2 cents in.

Well if you throw enough darts you eventually hit a bullseye. A certain somebody's statistical anaylsis of the way the Dayton Humble game was going to go was way off. Just so happens they worked out for this game. Fact is WOS has competed and beat Dayton when Dayton would kill teams like Foster. Oh well this game is long over and this subject has been beat to death. I just had to throw my 2 cents in.

Lol, every now and then things like turnovers cause the games to play out differently. Went in depth on the WOS game and hit it. On the PAM vs Channelview prediction thread I said "CV would get 56, not sure what PAM's plan is before or after that", hit the number on the screws. 

The prediction on the Dayton game wasn't way off. I thought Humble had better, more athletic players than Dayton and saw that they did. I said Humble would win by a Td at home and for the first half the only difference was a missed XP. I couldn't foresee personal fouls and fumbled snaps while the qb is looking at the sideline. Every game you basically predicted except Humble has been way off for Dayton this year, lol. From the win over CV to the one over King, to Ned dropping 40+ on you at home. Congrats, you finally got one right on accident. 

Lol, every now and then things like turnovers cause the games to play out differently. Went in depth on the WOS game and hit it. On the PAM vs Channelview prediction thread I said "CV would get 56, not sure what PAM's plan is before or after that", hit the number on the screws. 

The prediction on the Dayton game wasn't way off. I thought Humble had better, more athletic players than Dayton and saw that they did. I said Humble would win by a Td at home and for the first half the only difference was a missed XP. I couldn't foresee personal fouls and fumbled snaps while the qb is looking at the sideline. Every game you basically predicted except Humble has been way off for Dayton this year, lol. From the win over CV to the one over King, to Ned dropping 40+ on you at home. Congrats, you finally got one right on accident. 

You cannot forsee anything. You think you have a magic ball or something

No excuses it's way beneath you. Just say I was wrong. Also everybody knows football is 4 quarters. Saying you were right in 2 of them is just reaching.

Edited by bronco pride

No excuses it's way beneath you. Just say I was wrong. Also everybody knows football is 4 quarters. Saying you were right in 2 of them is just reaching.

You get good breaks sometime, Dayton was the benefactor of those Friday night. Just take that and hope you don't lose to KP. Y'all look exactly how I thought you would except with worse qb play.