Bridge City 42 Cleveland 35/Final

WOSgrad

The Bridge City-Silsbee matchup intrigues me.  Silsbee is a clear favorite IMO but their run defense is suspect.  On the other side of the ball, Thomas should have a field day with BC's smallish, not nearly as athletic as Tiger receivers secondary.  Could be a lot of offense in this one if BC takes care of the ball better.

Can we go back to the "fight in the BC stands?" LOL I knew Cleveland would get ugly on the field but the BC stands??? ;) 

the game itself was actually very good-natured. The only personal fouls I recall were on us, and warranted. The Indians played a clean game without a lot of garbage at all. 

In fact, the Indians played one heck of a good game. They fought hard until the bitter end, and had some FANTASTIC blocking for their runners in the open field.  Hats off to Cleveland.  

The fight wasn't much of a fight.  A lot of yelling and shirt tugging by a couple of guys until security broke it up.  One guy got kicked out.  Somebody cursing too much in front of somebody's family, allegedly.  

the game itself was actually very good-natured. The only personal fouls I recall were on us, and warranted. The Indians played a clean game without a lot of garbage at all. 

In fact, the Indians played one heck of a good game. They fought hard until the bitter end, and had some FANTASTIC blocking for their runners in the open field.  Hats off to Cleveland.  

The fight wasn't much of a fight.  A lot of yelling and shirt tugging by a couple of guys until security broke it up.  One guy got kicked out.  Somebody cursing too much in front of somebody's family, allegedly.  

I heard the same thing as well, no place for that in the stands. 

The cardinal defense was unable to stop the Cleveland offense. That's troublesome in my opinion. Either Cleveland brought their absolute A game, or our defense isn't playing as well as we have been. 

Offense put up plenty of points, but had a few costly fumbles. Special teams had some hiccups, but punt returner #8 had another BIG return. 

The good news is that we're going into our bye week and have plenty of time to work on our problem areas before getting into the meat of our district schedule. 

CardinalBacker, I appreciate your updates and thoughtful opinions. All without being too cocky or bashing any of the kids/coaches. Thumbs up! 

Now I'm thrilled that we won...but am dreading that newbie kid's rants about how we're going to win state and beat everyone and blah blah bla . He embarrasses me. Sigh...