Lamar football news

Lamar must be doing something right, 2 Kat fans notice the upside. I talked with a few Coaches & gave my opinion on the 2 QB system. You can't have 2 PG's in Basketball, nor can you have 2 QB's in Football. Both are Leadership positions ,Team has to have a General. In Sam's Case it was very weird watching how they worked their system. The QB's didn't really get an entire series, Coach switch mid series. The read option QB was hurting Lamar, picking up 15-20 yds per run. Why did they insert the passing QB mid series is beyond me. I'm no Football expert, but the QB's did well under the circumstance, but Dang Man make a decision. Injury made a choice for Lamar, may be a Blessing this year, but both guys are back next Season. Lol

Lamar must be doing something right, 2 Kat fans notice the upside. I talked with a few Coaches & gave my opinion on the 2 QB system. You can't have 2 PG's in Basketball, nor can you have 2 QB's in Football. Both are Leadership positions ,Team has to have a General. In Sam's Case it was very weird watching how they worked their system. The QB's didn't really get an entire series, Coach switch mid series. The read option QB was hurting Lamar, picking up 15-20 yds per run. Why did they insert the passing QB mid series is beyond me. I'm no Football expert, but the QB's did well under the circumstance, but Dang Man make a decision. Injury made a choice for Lamar, may be a Blessing this year, but both guys are back next Season. Lol

man I almost kicked my screen, I dont know wth the coach was doing, 15 was doing work then he'd switch. No rhythm whatsoever. 

I believe / hope Woodard was just trying out the two QB's at Lamar before the injury. Don't think he planned on using a two quarterback system. I agree, you may win some games shuffling in QB's, but you miss the leadership element. And against good teams, it doesn't work. Now, depending on the match up, you may elect to go with one or the other for a specific game, but rotating them in the same game will normally cause you to be predictable and outthink yourself. Disclaimer: this is coming from a basketball expert :) LOL

Edited by winwin

Lamar had a 2 QB system in 2012 with Caleb Berry and Ryan Mosskowski and it was an epic fail.  I think Woodard realizes that now and his 2 QB system to start the year was basically to see who was better in game situation.  They rotated QBs in every quarter so at least there was some consistency there.  Not sure if they were gonna go with Minden before he ended up being injured but my vote had been for Earp due to ability to run and you saw that vs SHSU. I think rotating mid series approach SHSU had is a terrible idea...can't keep an offensive rhythm if by doing that especially when the 2 QBs have different skill sets.

I said after the Baylor game, they have to be legit.. Thats typically what happens to the GOOD small schools against the D1 teams. You hang for a half and the depth gets you in the end.. Im not a Lamar faithful, but I think they might have a shot to make a little noise.. And I hope like hell they do... Im all in...... 

Go CARDS

Almost pulled off the upset against SELA, but we know ain't no Moral Victories. Great effort Cardinals, just let it slip away. Can't get in scoring position on the road & settle for FG's

Rodney Randle Jr, what more can I say Son. Keep improving daily mentally & physically.  I told one of the Coaches today that they have gotten a return on their investment as soon as you hit that Campus. To God Be The Glory