The All New and Improved Code Red only thread

Just the first practice with pads, but on the defensive side of the ball, those DB's still get to the ball angry, D line was actually surprisingly ok, some new kids out there, but they look to be pretty solid.  Without saying what the RB's are the WR core looks very impressive to me.  I was skeptical of what Coug14.2 has been telling everyone about this group of young men myself, but I do believe without a doubt he has been 100% on the mark.  And to expound upon my filthy comment for the Oline, I would say nasty.  Solid throughout.  The biggest Oline I've seen here since I've been here. 

What it looked like to me:

RB - One 5-star and one 3-star that might end up being the best tandem in the state regardless of classification. Grace looks like he's put on significant weight and Williams looks like a football player instead of a track star now. 

Offensive Line - Looks like Campbell is out for the season. Luckily, this is where Crosby got some breaks. Crosby needed two guards and had two kids that that were backups next year to fill in. The third spot looks like it's filled by right tackle, Robert Oliver, who came from King and may be the second best offensive lineman in the district. Second only to his teammate and Uinversity of Houston commit, Keenan Murphy, who's also on the Old Coach 1st team "best of the best" squad with Patrick Hudson and Tray Williams(Jalen Hurts is 2nd team). Groups is even bigger than I thought as a whole though. 

Defensive Back - Perry and Pickney + 2 is solid with pretty much whoever you put out there. Perry is only a junior with a Big 10 offer and Pickney, who has FBS/FCS offers, is a more advanced player that Donnie Starks who will probably start in the nickel for K-State this year. 

Wide Receiver - How does a group with 10 FBS/FCS offers on the outside receivers alone end up at #4, IDK? You could surely swap them with #3 but you'd have the same argument. The receiving core is 5 or 6 deep and definitely the best I've seen at Crosby. 

Linebackers/Rovers - Not as many starts as the above group but a very solid bunch of athletes. I think Alec Lewis and Jalen Harrison will be first team all-district players. 

Defensive Line - Nathan White was honorable mention all-state last year and should be a beast in his third year starting. If the other two starters are who they looked to be, Crosby will also have the biggest defensive line in the district. This may be the most important group on the team, I thought Matthew Gregory was Crosby's best defender last year. 

I think this is the year Crosby has to put it all together. IMO, realignment is going to make it very tough to advance from this part of the region. 

• 3 weeks later...