Incoming Freshmen classes?

• 2 weeks later...

The next two best teams from this area were vincent and Co wilson...from what I remember in the last two years vincent only loss was from silsbee and last year in a tournament Co wilson only loss in two years was vincent by 1....All 3 teams blew out all other competition including the hj school...

I wouldn't bet the farm on what an eighth grade class accomplished. It's been my observation that if you have a lot of incoming freshman on your varsity you are usually 3 or 4 years away from being really good.

These two particular freshman would be two of the better players on most varsities in this area.  For sure in the district.  On the teams in the district, with the exception of their team and arguably HJ, they would be the best players on the other teams IMO.  So not your typical freshmen by any stretch.  Comes from playing against older players most of their lives.  And better players than they typically face in school ball.  

Its hard to compare middle school teams and their performance in high school. Kids mature at different rates. Some will excel faster than others and some will become stagnant.

I remember when people were predicting how well  Nederland"s current 2016 class would do in high school when they were in the 8th grade. This class has had its growing pains. 

Its hard to compare middle school teams and their performance in high school. Kids mature at different rates. Some will excel faster than others and some will become stagnant.

I remember when people were predicting how well  Nederland"s current 2016 class would do in high school when they were in the 8th grade. This class has had its growing pains. 

this coming from the same person who said HF was gonna win state. Lets ponder this……. 

I wouldn't count this group out just yet. While this group has struggled to find consistent offense, they will still be a force to be reckoned with this year. No team should sleep on them bc they will find a way to win.