Lebron on AAU ball

• 2 weeks later...

True,  but pay close attention to the UIL rule. You can attend but you still don't have to be eligible to play. I tried to warn a dad about moving his kid from Katy to Houston ISD.  His wife worked at the school.  He could not play varsity his senior year. It's all about where your parents LIVE.  That's the main thing the board looks for. 

True,  but pay close attention to the UIL rule. You can attend but you still don't have to be eligible to play. I tried to warn a dad about moving his kid from Katy to Houston ISD.  His wife worked at the school.  He could not play varsity his senior year. It's all about where your parents LIVE.  That's the main thing the board looks for. 

Was the kid you just mentioned trying to get into a good communications program?

Bluedove is absolutely right (as much as it pains me).  Residency trumps everything.  I've heard stories of coaches who took jobs in nearby schools from where they were and their kids were not eligible for varsity play immediately because they did not live in the district.  You can attend but, you will have to play underlevels for a year if you do not live in the district.

Bluedove is absolutely right (as much as it pains me).  Residency trumps everything.  I've heard stories of coaches who took jobs in nearby schools from where they were and their kids were not eligible for varsity play immediately because they did not live in the district.  You can attend but, you will have to play underlevels for a year if you do not live in the district.

As much as it pains me to agree here :) but yep coaches think they can go coach at a school  ( & not live in the district) and bring their kid to play varsity. Thats not the way it works. 

Thats because of the "inner city" school  make-up for Ozen. Ozen has some very good teachers and programs & students. Both my boys qualified for college & NCAA the first time around. Anybody know Jos. Cantu at ozen will tell you that his math classes and tutoring will prepare you for college. Now, on the flip side, Ozen is one of those schools that accept every kind of student out there. They take students who would otherwise flourish in a small classroom setting, but public school life is hard for many of them. Thats why I am a strong proponent for schools like Oak Hill in Va. Every kid can learn, just gotta find the right learning environment for them.