Lebron on AAU ball

Good read. I know that one of the most obvious differences is post play. I think that once an American kid gets labeled as a post player, their youth coach puts their back to the basket. That's good and all...but it's no coincidence that European post players can actually shoot free throws and American post players suck. It's because overseas EVERY player is taught how to shoot..handle the ball..make finess passes.

Too much about athleticism, dunking, snowbirding...etc. going downhill fast.

dont get me wrong...I love watching freak athletes play the game well. But..something will never change. Shoot, handle the ball, pass, defend.

Like LJ said...something is being left out somewhere.

Good read. I know that one of the most obvious differences is post play. I think that once an American kid gets labeled as a post player, their youth coach puts their back to the basket. That's good and all...but it's no coincidence that European post players can actually shoot free throws and American post players suck. It's because overseas EVERY player is taught how to shoot..handle the ball..make finess passes.

Too much about athleticism, dunking, snowbirding...etc. going downhill fast.

dont get me wrong...I love watching freak athletes play the game well. But..something will never change. Shoot, handle the ball, pass, defend.

Like LJ said...something is being left out somewhere.

​I'm a little confused here. And I am not saying you are wrong... BUT!!!!! 99.9% of all the kids who were drafted into the NBA this year (last year, da year befoe dat and so on) played AAU.

WHATTTT!!!! Bron's son plays in the same organization my kids use to play in as 4th - 6th graders. LOL!!!!

Yep, they (Gulf Coast Blue Chips '2023) played up 3 divisions to 13u at the AAU nationals (the big one in Memphis) this summer.  They finished 2nd. And Brony is the second best player on the team.  The best?  Jared Harris of Silsbee.  Not even kidding. 

And here come the Hawks!  In 3, 2, 1....

Yep, they (Gulf Coast Blue Chips '2023) played up 3 divisions to 13u at the AAU nationals (the big one in Memphis) this summer.  They finished 2nd. And Brony is the second best player on the team.  The best?  Jared Harris of Silsbee.  Not even kidding. 

​I have been made aware of this young man from people in the know. Been told he is the real deal from the likes of Jim Hicks and others.

Heard some good things about the Harris kid,  a move in from Silsbee. One of those shoe company teams wants him for the future.