IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!

*Laughing directly at DFW fans thats mad about driving to Houston.* :)

It's not really DFW fans that should complain but the Abilene and Panhandle schools. 2A last year the closest team to houston was Bremond 3 hours away. 3A was Newton. 4A had WOS and Navasota. 5A had none and 6A had Katy and Cy-Ranch. That's last year I understand but lets say that the same teams make this year, how different is attendance on Thursday? How about 5A? Arlington always has local teams in 4A, 5A, and 6A plus is usually neutral for the 2A and 3A. That's why I only see it being this year. Small schools will mutiny. Not saying average fan but in 2A and 3A around Houston and south there is Newton, El Campo, and Refugio who are year in year out programs that have a chance. Not saying this doesn't allow for more fans the opportunity to watch but logistically it doesn't make since for the majority of the teams. 

And what about the real football? Heard they were having to go back to Abilene because Houston wouldn't host them. Shouldn't they have the same opportunity to play in the big done stadium?

​I dont see why they cant still use the Deathstar the weekend before. They will have more fans pack it in at Shotwell though, most of those communities are nearby, less travel time. 

​I dont see why they cant still use the Deathstar the weekend before. They will have more fans pack it in at Shotwell though, most of those communities are nearby, less travel time. 

I know all that Shotwell is an hour away from my hometown. The road there leads to Shotwell. I just find it ironic that UIL dictates that football state championships have to be played indoors and the only 3 each seat at least 70,000. Then they go about and tell 6 man that they don't count and will have to play in Abilene. One group gets air conditioned turf while the other could be forced to play in a blizzard. 

I know all that Shotwell is an hour away from my hometown. The road there leads to Shotwell. I just find it ironic that UIL dictates that football state championships have to be played indoors and the only 3 each seat at least 70,000. Then they go about and tell 6 man that they don't count and will have to play in Abilene. One group gets air conditioned turf while the other could be forced to play in a blizzard. 

​are you surprised? Its the UIL we all know and love. (Sarcasm) :)

Mistake. Cowboy stadium is the nicest field in the state.

I thought this was about the players and coaches... Who cares how far fans have to drive. Their kids would rather play at Cowboy Stadium. Just my opinion.

​  I would like to see a poll that backs up your statement. 

Edited by Octfeb

This pre-selected site for state title games needs to go away. They need to go back to neutral fields that are as close to center the two competing towns as is possible. It's not fair that some parents and fans have to pay hundreds in gas, and even more in hotel bills, to go see a game that may be just up the road for the other team. I know it's awesome and all for the kids and coaches to play in a big arena but that's the only advantage. The disadvantages far outweigh them in my opinion.

Edited by WildcatBacker

This pre-selected site for state title games needs to go away. They need to go back to neutral fields that are as close to center the two competing towns as is possible. It's not fair that some parents and fans have to pay hundreds in gas, and even more in hotel bills, to go see a game that may be just up the road for the other team. I know it's awesome and all for the kids and coaches to play in a big arena but that's the only advantage. The disadvantages far outweigh them in my opinion.

​i totally understand your points but I would (as a kid or fan or coach) like to be in a covered facility. Thats why im a strong supporter of them rotating between HTX, DFW and San-An. On the flipside of that with the winter weather we have been having the past two years I can see it being safer to leave it up to the coaches for a centrally located site between the schools for traveling safety reasons too. 

​i totally understand your points but I would (as a kid or fan or coach) like to be in a covered facility. Thats why im a strong supporter of them rotating between HTX, DFW and San-An. On the flipside of that with the winter weather we have been having the past two years I can see it being safer to leave it up to the coaches for a centrally located site between the schools for traveling safety reasons too. 

I totally agree, it should be rotated every year.  I wonder when my lil cuz was running for Kirbyville the 2 years they lost the state game if there would have been different results if those games were played indoors...

It's being held at NRG Stadium this year to keep one of the richest men in the country (Bob McNair) happy. And since he and Jerry Jones are friends, I am sure they will work some sort of agreement out with the UIL to alternate sites every couple of years. And please everyone, lets stop talking about these games like they are just any old game. We're talking about one of the biggest highschool sporting events in the nation. I'm sure if given the choice, highschool players would much rather play on an NFL stadium than settle for a "neutral site" just because it is closer. And this event is all about the players, not the fans.

​Maybe, but Texas is a big state, someone is going to get the long drive no matter where they have the games.  Say you have a team from the Panhandle and a team from SE Texas playing, where would you have the game?  its going to be a long drive for both teams .

​Maybe, but Texas is a big state, someone is going to get the long drive no matter where they have the games.  Say you have a team from the Panhandle and a team from SE Texas playing, where would you have the game?  its going to be a long drive for both teams .

You proved my point BigDog. It will be a long drive. Let's say 500 miles for example. It's fair for one of those teams to have to drive 450+ of those 500? Nah. Let's split the difference and keep it fair. 

You proved my point BigDog. It will be a long drive. Let's say 500 miles for example. It's fair for one of those teams to have to drive 450+ of those 500? Nah. Let's split the difference and keep it fair. 

​  I can see "fans" having an issue. May not be able to afford gas and lodging. But as for the players/coaches. I would think they would be very excited to travel and play where the NFL does. JMO

It's being held at NRG Stadium this year to keep one of the richest men in the country (Bob McNair) happy. And since he and Jerry Jones are friends, I am sure they will work some sort of agreement out with the UIL to alternate sites every couple of years. And please everyone, lets stop talking about these games like they are just any old game. We're talking about one of the biggest highschool sporting events in the nation. I'm sure if given the choice, highschool players would much rather play on an NFL stadium than settle for a "neutral site" just because it is closer. And this event is all about the players, not the fans.

​ATT/Jerry Jones monster screen makes it sweeter for the fans enjoyment

​  I can see "fans" having an issue. May not be able to afford gas and lodging. But as for the players/coaches. I would think they would be very excited to travel and play where the NFL does. JMO

​"Fans" are a huge part of the equation. Without them, there most likely IS no football. If coaches make the decision to play in a big stadium simply because of the 'cool' factor for themselves and their players of playing in a big arena, then that's a big slap in the face to the fans that back them up. I know that I've lost this argument because the games will be held at one arena no matter what I think...Lol.. but still....I wish they'd go back to the way it was. If midway ends up being near one of the big arenas and they can work it out then heck yea....go for it. If not then split the difference so everybody that can come, will. JMO