IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!

It's being held at NRG Stadium this year to keep one of the richest men in the country (Bob McNair) happy. And since he and Jerry Jones are friends, I am sure they will work some sort of agreement out with the UIL to alternate sites every couple of years. And please everyone, lets stop talking about these games like they are just any old game. We're talking about one of the biggest highschool sporting events in the nation. I'm sure if given the choice, highschool players would much rather play on an NFL stadium than settle for a "neutral site" just because it is closer. And this event is all about the players, not the fans.

​It is not all about just the players. It's about the fans too. Take them away and you'll have no way of doing anything anywhere......I don't care how good you are.

​It is not all about just the players. It's about the fans too. Take them away and you'll have no way of doing anything anywhere......I don't care how good you are.

Not sure I know what that means.."no way of doing anything anywhere"

but I will say this: No...it is all about the players. Well, players and coaches. It's all about the team.

the day that coaches start asking parents' opinion on where preseason games should be scheduled..or asking parents for permission on a uniform design...that's when it will be "all about the fans too"

but I will say this: No...it is all about the players. Well, players and coaches. It's all about the team.

the day that coaches start asking parents' opinion on where preseason games should be scheduled..or asking parents for permission on a uniform design...that's when it will be "all about the fans too"

​so travel dont matter? If it wasnt bout fans as well not alot of Playoff games in West Texas would have been postponed in 2013 and 2014 . think about what you're saying here. 

​so travel dont matter? If it wasnt bout fans as well not alot of Playoff games in West Texas would have been postponed in 2013 and 2014 . think about what you're saying here. 

I'm not saying they don't matter..accommodations were and will continue to be made because of certain things (weather..)

But I think it is being implied here that the TEAM should not get the opportunity to play in the nicest, pro field in the state because it's not fair for the FANS to travel.

well...if that's the case then the fans most certainly have zero say so.

I wasn't fortunate enough to experience it...but I'm willing to bet that I would've rather played at Cowboy stadium than some nice high school field that just happened to be a halfway point for travel.

Come on man...the biggest high school game in the state deserves the best venue in the state.  There isn't a single parent that didn't go because of travel.  All the parents that go...would go regardless of location.

maybe it should be included in the school budget to ease travel expense of the parents of players if they make the big game...I don't know.

I'm not saying they don't matter..accommodations were and will continue to be made because of certain things (weather..)

But I think it is being implied here that the TEAM should not get the opportunity to play in the nicest, pro field in the state because it's not fair for the FANS to travel.

well...if that's the case then the fans most certainly have zero say so.

I wasn't fortunate enough to experience it...but I'm willing to bet that I would've rather played at Cowboy stadium than some nice high school field that just happened to be a halfway point for travel.

Come on man...the biggest high school game in the state deserves the best venue in the state.  There isn't a single parent that didn't go because of travel.  All the parents that go...would go regardless of location.

maybe it should be included in the school budget to ease travel expense of the parents of players if they make the big game...I don't know.

​you are going to get that regardless of if its in DFW, HTX or San-An. They should rotate every realignment. The best location to play football in the late Fall/early Winter is a domed stadium. 

2nd part in bold: not sure either how that could happen. 

​you are going to get that regardless of if its in DFW, HTX or San-An. They should rotate every realignment. The best location to play football in the late Fall/early Winter is a domed stadium. 

2nd part in bold: not sure either how that could happen. 

Fair enough. Gonna be some gripe regardless. I'll admit that if it was a set, pre-determined rotation between the three "nice" stadiums then that would technically be the fairest way. Even tho I still believe that cowboy stadium far and away the best.

And if not a different "safety budget" for just in case we have to travel 10 hours or whatever. If not a budget then maybe fundraisers. I don't know..God knows schools sell crap for every other thing. Maybe redirect the 10s of thousands spent on prom..or lots of other stuff.

"No way of doing anything anywhere.." ~ this means the fans pay the bills....in every way. Because without fans you have no ticket sales, no advertisers, no concession sales, nothing. Which would mean no uniforms or equipment or travel expense, nothing. The fans do matter and any talk otherwise is just ridiculous. There are coaches and players and band members and cheerleaders and fans and many other parts to the whole. They are all the TEAM. 

"No way of doing anything anywhere.." ~ this means the fans pay the bills....in every way. Because without fans you have no ticket sales, no advertisers, no concession sales, nothing. Which would mean no uniforms or equipment or travel expense, nothing. The fans do matter and any talk otherwise is just ridiculous. There are coaches and players and band members and cheerleaders and fans and many other parts to the whole. They are all the TEAM. 

​Did you completely exclude funding from the school? Most of your advertising, concessions, etc. are run by a booster of some sort, which do help fund, but are not the primary source of funding. Programs could live off of funding from the school. Would it be as fun? No. Do fans and boosters help a lot? Yes. But...high school sports, in general, are not played for entertainment purposes. Yes, it is very entertaining and fun to be a part of. But the goal of athletics at the high school level is not to entertain. It is to mold young men and women into productive, disciplined members of society and to keep young people off the streets and in the classroom. Therefore, while the fans are a big reason that high school football is as big as it is, they are not and never will be part of the reason football is played at the high school level. It is all about the kids. The coaches are there to teach and mold the kids and the fans are there to support the kids. I feel like some fans tend to forget that sometimes. And it is truly sad.

Edited by eagleswoodville#1

​Did you completely exclude funding from the school? Most of your advertising, concessions, etc. are run by a booster of some sort, which do help fund, but are not the primary source of funding. Programs could live off of funding from the school. Would it be as fun? No. Do fans and boosters help a lot? Yes. But...high school sports, in general, are not played for entertainment purposes. Yes, it is very entertaining and fun to be a part of. But the goal of athletics at the high school level is not to entertain. It is to mold young men and women into productive, disciplined members of society and to keep young people off the streets and in the classroom. Therefore, while the fans are a big reason that high school football is as big as it is, they are not and never will be part of the reason football is played at the high school level. It is all about the kids. The coaches are there to teach and mold the kids and the fans are there to support the kids. I feel like some fans tend to forget that sometimes. And it is truly sad.

​"Therefore, while the fans are a big reason that high school football is as big as it is.."... Exactly my point....it's all as big as it is because of the fans coming to watch. NRG Stadium, Jerry's World....none of them would even be in existence if it weren't for the fans that come to see the games. This is a fact. So the fans should at the very least be considered even if they're not a deciding factor. 

^^ Oh, and I have to add that it's very likely the majority of fans might would prefer to have a pre-selected site anyway. If so then awesome. But they should be considered. If I was asked, my answer would be that I don't care where it's held. If Kirbyville plays in a state game then I'll go to Alaska to watch it. But that's me.. :)

​"Therefore, while the fans are a big reason that high school football is as big as it is.."... Exactly my point....it's all as big as it is because of the fans coming to watch. NRG Stadium, Jerry's World....none of them would even be in existence if it weren't for the fans that come to see the games. This is a fact. So the fans should at the very least be considered even if they're not a deciding factor. 

I agree that their opinions should be considered. They are an important part, but by no means have or will ever be a reason the game is played at the high school level. I'm a fan myself, so I am all for considering the opinions of fans lol but I also understand that everything we do as fans is for those kids. Not the other way around.

Ok.. I have ran out of popcorn... I can promise you that it does not make a hill of beans where the game is played if you ask the players. Ultimately they just want to play the game. The LAST thing on their minds is a NICE PRO facility. This post is getting out of hand. I was part of a Quarterfinalist team and we cared about the next opponent. That's it. We Didn't care about the Dome or Texas Stadium. We could have played at Hull- Daisetta and been fine as long as we got to strap it up... And I can PROMISE you that anyone on this site that has been part of a playoff run will agree with me 100%.............................................. Its a totally different aspect from player to fan....

Well all I know is WOS is 2-0 in Houston SC games(86,87),  0-1 in College Station(88) and of course 0-2 in Dallas (00,14). Well take Houston please. lol

Although Im pretty sure 88 was at Kyle field but could be wrong. I was very young but remember it being very cold and raining. Crazy they picked a open top stadium at the end of December. Seems to me that we picked that venue because Paris would surely have picked Dallas to play that game. Gas or Grad, fill us in.

Well all I know is WOS is 2-0 in Houston SC games(86,87),  0-1 in College Station(88) and of course 0-2 in Dallas (00,14). Well take Houston please. lol

Although Im pretty sure 88 was at Kyle field but could be wrong. I was very young but remember it being very cold and raining. Crazy they picked a open top stadium at the end of December. Seems to me that we picked that venue because Paris would surely have picked Dallas to play that game. Gas or Grad, fill us in.

Well the previous 2 seasons to last year WOS lost to eventual champs Carthage and Navesota...and both of those games were in southeast Texas. So...

Having attended the Championships for the past 3 years at JerryWorld, I have no problem playing there every year!  Before attending, I advocated rotating the sites. Now that Houston gets a shot at hosting, I hope they put their best foot forward for sure.  From a fan's point of view it is hard to beat Cowboy Stadium.  Inexpensive hotels, manageable traffic, a very comfortable fan experience, and that HUGE videoscreen that is unmatched on the planet.  I hope area fans who want Houston to be in the mix show up for the games regardless of who is playing.  I was on the sidelines at AT&T when 56,000 folks watched Allen vs. Pearland in 2013. TIme for the Houston area to put up or shut up.

Having attended the Championships for the past 3 years at JerryWorld, I have no problem playing there every year!  Before attending, I advocated rotating the sites. Now that Houston gets a shot at hosting, I hope they put their best foot forward for sure.  From a fan's point of view it is hard to beat Cowboy Stadium.  Inexpensive hotels, manageable traffic, a very comfortable fan experience, and that HUGE videoscreen that is unmatched on the planet.  I hope area fans who want Houston to be in the mix show up for the games regardless of who is playing.  I was on the sidelines at AT&T when 56,000 folks watched Allen vs. Pearland in 2013. TIme for the Houston area to put up or shut up.

Anything Dallas got is better in Houston . Born and raised in DFW . 

• 4 weeks later...