PA Memorial Open

Get someone with Varsity Head Coaching experience, specifically with a state tournament trip or at least regional tournament trips on his resume` .……

Two guys come to mind, they just happen to be brothers, literally. 

​Travis had everything you just mentioned and we see how that turned out, can't stress enough that experience doesn't make you a good coach. Who are the brothers you have in mind though Buddy?

Edited by ozensfinest

Yea, I had a feeling that OF would be hollering for Anthony Boute to get the job.  But it's been confirmed that he wasn't ready. For a head coaching job like Central just a couple of weeks ago...  So why would he be ready for a 6a Head Coaching job?  Probably because his Dad will guarantee him the job?

Yea, I had a feeling that OF would be hollering for Anthony Boute to get the job.  But it's been confirmed that he wasn't ready. For a head coaching job like Central just a couple of weeks ago...  So why would he be ready for a 6a Head Coaching job?  Probably because his Dad will guarantee him the job?

​Rather have Billy DUI Gillispie as HC, only if he can get me free drinks in the local honeyhole. (Sarcasm) 

​Confirmed by who? This board? Lol You guys are comical sometimes

Several close to the situation...  A couple of whom I just so happen to know personally....  And one of them YOU just  so happen to know personally...

​HIGHLY doubt that....cause anyone that I would happen to know personally speaks highly of Anthony. And in your opinion Soulja what makes you think he wouldn't be ready for this job? Or any head job for that matter I'm curious to know...

​HIGHLY doubt that....cause anyone that I would happen to know personally speaks highly of Anthony. And in your opinion Soulja what makes you think he wouldn't be ready for this job? Or any head job for that matter I'm curious to know...

I didn't say it, but several close to the situation says so...  Like I said previously, one of them YOU know well and respect to the utmost...  Actually, one of the ones that said that he wasn't ready posted on here and got you all bent out of shape because he's 'family'.  But hey, I'm just the messenger, OF...

My educated take on this move is simple. Boutte takes the job over and operates as HC and AD, Travis takes over HC for basketball at Kountze and Joubert will do straight football. Now if ANY situation would be suitable for Anthony to get a shot at being a HC its this one. Reason? Resources. If he would just sit there with his dad for a short time, I'm sure he could take that program over at some point. That job in PA is NOT for everyone. It's one of those jobs to where you have to be a PART of the community and understand the roots, or adopted by the community and taught the thoroughly.  It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

My educated take on this move is simple. Boutte takes the job over and operates as HC and AD, Travis takes over HC for basketball at Kountze and Joubert will do straight football. Now if ANY situation would be suitable for Anthony to get a shot at being a HC its this one. Reason? Resources. If he would just sit there with his dad for a short time, I'm sure he could take that program over at some point. That job in PA is NOT for everyone. It's one of those jobs to where you have to be a PART of the community and understand the roots, or adopted by the community and taught the thoroughly.  It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

​Agree 1000%!!!

I really believe Andre will pull double duty the next two seasons and then hand the reigns over to Anthony as long as Anthony is hired as an assistant these next two years.

Uhh, Boutee isn't coaching again...  But, I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony gets the job.  You see, if Boutee wanted to keep coaching, he would've just stayed at Ozen....

And Dickey V, over the spans of about 2 or 3 weeks, it seems by your comment above that you feel young Boutee is 'ready' .  What changed over the last few weeks?

Uhh, Boutee isn't coaching again...  But, I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony gets the job.  You see, if Boutee wanted to keep coaching, he would've just stayed at Ozen....

And Dickey V, over the spans of about 2 or 3 weeks, it seems by your comment above that you feel young Boutee is 'ready' .  What changed over the last few weeks?

I took from his post that he would be ready after watching his dad for a season or two and getting acclimated.  And I agree that would be the perfect situation for Anthony.   And IMO, after the upcoming season, this is a much more "plum" job than Central.  

​BISD couldn't pay him enough to stay Soulja how many times I have to tell you this?

Having said that, I think even if he is hired now, this is a better fit for Anthony than Central.  

Andre pulling double duty at least this year would benefit him as well.  The Titans will be very young this year but the two after that they have the chance to be very, very good.  

​And what better guy fits that mold better than Anthony? Was born and raised in PA and have great relationships with the community out there.

Soulja, Boutte never wanted to STOP coaching! It was about the money and preparing himself financially to one day retire. If BISD would have raised the ante, he would have never left.  Nothing changed. I meant what I said. I just know that some situations are more do-able than others.  I got my first head coaching job at 27.  He can do it. We all made mistakes young, God knows I did, but it never affected my ability to do what I love for a living to THIS day.  My point to him was nothing was going to be handed to him and he gets that..everything in due time. I am much wiser than I was back then, and he is a lot like I was. He will be just fine.

Having said that, I think even if he is hired now, this is a better fit for Anthony than Central.  

Andre pulling double duty at least this year would benefit him as well.  The Titans will be very young this year but the two after that they have the chance to be very, very good.  

​if they stay at Memorial and not transfer.