No Gays Allowed?

bullets13

LOL and don't forget, no Stars & Bars. I think if I fit in that category I would take my business elsewhere and hurt them on the profit margin but I wouldn't whine and cry about like I feel some will do because their feelings got hurt!

Edited by 77

​Can't a privately owned business post, "we have the right to refuse service"?

​Post it? Sure. 

Enforce it? Maybe.... according who is banned and if it violates the federal civil rights acts such as race, national origin, sex (but not sexual preference.... yet), religion, etc. 

​Post it? Sure. 

Enforce it? Maybe.... according who is banned and if it violates the federal civil rights acts such as race, national origin, sex (but not sexual preference.... yet), religion, etc. 

Didn't a small privately owned bakery recently get in "trouble" when they refused to cater a gay wedding because the owners young son worked and she didn't want him around it?   I'm senile so can't remember how it turned out. 

Yes, they should be able to refuse service to homosexuals.

What if they had a business with a conservative crowd that might be uncomfortable around homosexuals...should they be forced to sit by and lose business.

You could replace them with rowdy bikers that made folks uncomfortable and not come back... Can they be refused?

​Post it? Sure. 

This could very well be the instance that brings it in front of the the SC for review, depending on how long it stays in the news and whether or not it brings about a lawsuit. 

Since he's a baptist preacher who doesn't want gays in his store because "what they're doing is wrong", shouldn't he also be banning   divorcees, fornicators, liars, blasphemers, idolators, and all other manner of sinners from his store?

Should be his call to ban whoever he wants for whatever behavior he wants.

Some businesses may make the call simply because they feel it might cost them business. 

Should be his call to ban whoever he wants for whatever behavior he wants.

Some businesses may make the call simply because they feel it might cost them business. 

The occasional gay customer is going to cost him business?  Gay customers go to EVERY business.  That being said, I'm not arguing whether he has a right to do so.  I'm asking other Christians that, as a minister, is he demonstrating Christianity by singling out an individual sin to ban from his store while continuing to cater to sinners of all other kinds.  Whether or not you believe in gay marriage, I can't find anything in the bible that preaches picking one sin and denying that sinner the opportunities that you'd afford to different types of sinners. 

Edited by bullets13

The occasional gay customer is going to cost him business?  Gay customers go to EVERY business.  That being said, I'm not arguing whether he has a right to do so.  I'm asking other Christians that, as a minister, is he demonstrating Christianity by singling out an individual sin to ban from his store while continuing to cater to sinners of all other kinds.  Whether or not you believe in gay marriage, I can't find anything in the bible that preaches picking one sin and denying that sinner the opportunities that you'd afford to different types of sinners. 

If he was going to keep out all sinners, no one could come in.

Would you make any distinction between a child molester and someone that speeds...both are sinners.

He can make his choice and folks can decide whether or not to go there.

If he was going to keep out all sinners, no one could come in.

Would you make any distinction between a child molester and someone that speeds...both are sinners.

He can make his choice and folks can decide whether or not to go there.

I would make that distinction.  Not sure I'd make one between gays and people having sex out of wedlock, though.  It's also worth noting that he didn't ban child molesters ;) 

I would make that distinction.  Not sure I'd make one between gays and people having sex out of wedlock, though.  It's also worth noting that he didn't ban child molesters ;) 

Businesses should be able to make the call, and reap the rewards or suffer the consequences IMO.

Taking a stand can help, like Chic-fil-a, or it could hurt, like the Dixie Chicks, but should be allowed without gov interference...let the market decide.

Since he's a baptist preacher who doesn't want gays in his store because "what they're doing is wrong", shouldn't he also be banning   divorcees, fornicators, liars, blasphemers, idolators, and all other manner of sinners from his store?

​He isn't banning customers. He is not wanting to make a cake for the sin.

Yes your comment might hold some water if he was asked to make a Fornicator's Cake, a Liar's Cake, etc.

It is making the cake to celebrate the sin that he is against, not the sinner. 

As a matter of fact if you are talking about the Colorado case, the baker offered to make any other item than a cake. Again, it is not the customer or the sin itself but being forced to back it up with a celebration cake for it. 

Yes , I agree

Edited by Big girl
additional info

As a matter of fact if you are talking about the Colorado case, the baker offered to make any other item than a cake. Again, it is not the customer or the sin itself but being forced to back it up with a celebration cake for it. 

Actually, this thread is about a hardware store owner who has posted a sign that no gays are allowed in his store.  I can actually understand where the cake shop owner is coming from, even if I don't necessarily agree with him.  The same goes for churches.  A church should not have to wed them if they don't want to.  This case is a little different.

The problem I have with it, how will he tell/know someone is gay. Will they look different? Will you be asked before you enter? Is it a just a judgment call by the owner depending on how you look? Maybe it's just two men walking side by side? I wonder if he has the same sign on the front of his church?

He may or may not have the right but there's a lot wrong with it.