9-4A-II Predictions

WOS schedule is tough again on the front end to help them out and get ready for the second part of the season. I hope the open game at the end will help and not hurt by giving them time to rest before the playoffs. I am looking at the Richmond Foster game as a good test. As for as the rest, just take one game at a time and with no injuries the STANGS will do fine.

Aug. 28 - Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:30 pm

Sept. 4 - at Port Neches-Groves, 7:30 pm

Sept. 11 - Jasper, 7:30 pm

Sept. 18 - at Silsbee, 7:30 pm

Sept. 26 - Richmond Foster (Stallworth), 6:00 pm

Oct. 2 - Newton, 7:30 pm

Oct. 19 - at Liberty, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 16 - Orangefield, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 23 - at Hamshire-Fannett, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 30 - Hardin-Jefferson, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 6 - OPEN

WOS schedule is tough again on the front end to help them out and get ready for the second part of the season. I hope the open game at the end will help and not hurt by giving them time to rest before the playoffs. I am looking at the Richmond Foster game as a good test. As for as the rest, just take one game at a time and with no injuries the STANGS will do fine.

Aug. 28 - Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:30 pm

Sept. 4 - at Port Neches-Groves, 7:30 pm

Sept. 11 - Jasper, 7:30 pm

Sept. 18 - at Silsbee, 7:30 pm

Sept. 26 - Richmond Foster (Stallworth), 6:00 pm

Oct. 2 - Newton, 7:30 pm

Oct. 19 - at Liberty, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 16 - Orangefield, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 23 - at Hamshire-Fannett, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 30 - Hardin-Jefferson, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 6 - OPEN

​i'll be there august 28th. 

1. WOS...champs again, not much else needs to be said

2. Orangefield...Not a homer pick either, I really believe we have a great shot this year to finish 2nd. Lost a ton on offense but with our style of offense we usually find capable backs to make it work. Defensively we return all of our linebackers and all but one of our secondary, D line will be the key but we have some talent there just not a lot of varsity experience. Coach Smalley is building a program, numbers are up, and our depth will be the best we've ever had since he's been here and that will greatly help with the number of kids we have going both ways. 

3. HJ...new coach but still a lot of athletes on this team returning from last year, could definitely finish higher

4. HF...probably have the best athlete in the district if not the area, but the past several years both Orangefield and HJ have bottled him up and forced others to beat them, that hasn't happen and I don't look for it to happen this year either, but hey that's why we play the games

5. LIberty...should be better but gonna be tough for them to get one of those playoff spots.

1. WOS

2. HF

3. HJ

4. OF

5. Liberty

​Actually, Im going to change my pics after I saw how big the Orangefield boys are. Not sure what they are feeding them. lol

1.WOS

2.Orangefield/HF

4. HJ (Just not sure how much losing your QB and Head Coach factors) Still have some great athletes

5. Liberty

It doesn't matter who the coach is or who the QB is. HJ is going to find a way to win games like they've done for the past 2 seasons. And they have a new head coach that is going to try to prove himself. Don't worry about HJ. 

​i know their defense will be fun to see. Not so sure about the offense. 

The only prediction I have is WOS wins district and shuts out 1 district opponent (Liberty). 

​Actually, Im going to change my pics after I saw how big the Orangefield boys are. Not sure what they are feeding them. lol

1.WOS

2.Orangefield/HF

4. HJ (Just not sure how much losing your QB and Head Coach factors) Still have some great athletes

5. Liberty

​Is #70 on OF defense graduated or coming back again?  He was a big, tough D-lineman last year.