Top 25 Athletic Dept. by profit

​Was the article about revenue or profit?

​This article was about profit. The article that was originally published was about revenue. It seems that you can make the numbers say what you want them too in order to make yourself look better. So it's not unusual that a pro-aggie website opted to focus on the "profit" side of the equation since it showed their program in a more favorable light.

Here is an unbiased database:

This is the hidden content, please

Texas is #2. I appreciate that they included the subsidy percentages. 

Edited by GCMPats2

You're "quote" unbiased" database shows the same numbers that the originally quoted report does - the only difference is that your database does not net the Total Revenue and the Total Expenses as good bull hunting does.

You say blue I say red - both articles have legitimate assumptions and the use the same numbers so how is one "biased" and the other NOT?

Fact: Texas has the 2nd largest Total Revenue shown

Fact: Texas was the leader in Total Expenses

Fact: Texas was Number 16 on Net Revenue 

These facts are neither good or bad by themselves - Texas should still be proud to make the most - by a lot - of almost any major college in the country - they just spend it and that is the reason that they have the best facilities in the country and can pay their assistant coaches the same as many college head coaches make.  They should be proud of that fact.

The fact that the net is better for the Aggie's than the Horns is a bright spot for the Aggie program which has struggled financially in the past.  You opted  to "focus" on the Revenue side since that showed favorably on the Texas program but you blast and Aggie fan for focusing on the bright spot for the Aggie's - called bias and it is always their for you, me and everybody.

This article was about profit. The article that was originally published was about revenue. It seems that you can make the numbers say what you want them too in order to make yourself look better. So it's not unusual that a pro-aggie website opted to focus on the "profit" side of the equation since it showed their program in a more favorable light.

Here is an unbiased database:

This is the hidden content, please

Texas is #2. I appreciate that they included the subsidy percentages. 

​First comment was all I needed. Thank you.

​First comment was all I needed. Thank you.

​Yes, let's not get into the Forbes valuation of football programs, athletic departments, merch sales, etc.   Let's just use whatever data and manipulate it to make little brother feel better about himself.  We get it.  We really do ;)

​Yes, let's not get into the Forbes valuation of football programs, athletic departments, merch sales, etc.   Let's just use whatever data and manipulate it to make little brother feel better about himself.  We get it.  We really do ;)

​Manipulate? Isn't the article I posted factual?

If not, then my apologies.