How Much Should A HS Coach Do To Get His Players A Scholarship?

No sir that is definitely wrong. I have it on good authority that the only reason certain kids do not receive athletic scholarships is because their high school coach deliberately keeps it from happening. In fact...I'm starting to think that the only time kids get that chance is because of their high school coach. Yep..that's it for sure.

So your saying that their hasnt been any situation where a kid could have gotten a scholarship rather it be FBS, FCS or D2 and the coach stopped it from happening?

I'm probably the most plugged in guy in the area when it comes to recruiting and I'm telling you it does. Not as much as mommy and daddy want to believe but trust me it happens.

No sir that is definitely wrong. I have it on good authority that the only reason certain kids do not receive athletic scholarships is because their high school coach deliberately keeps it from happening. In fact...I'm starting to think that the only time kids get that chance is because of their high school coach. Yep..that's it for sure.

Hell there had been two situations recently where colleges have offered kids and the HS coach didn't feel the kid was behaving to his liking so he didn't tell him until he felt like he got his act together.

More then happy to post the links for you if you don't believe me.

"I can say that in my experience that high school coaches have very little sway with most college coaches"

This was said above....and you said

"You are spot on!!!!"

In regards to his post... So...now you're saying they keep kids from getting scholarships because the coach "didn't feel like the kid was behaving to his liking"

Lol

Which is man? College coaches don't listen to high school coaches at all...or exclusively?

There is a third senario. Maby the coach is a selfish, bitter, petty, egocentric, narcissistic, self serving, narrow minded shell of a coach. Who does not always have the best interest of all of his players at heart. But even when you play under a coach like this you can still be successful because what God has for you is for you.

True Statement

"I can say that in my experience that high school coaches have very little sway with most college coaches"

This was said above....and you said

"You are spot on!!!!"

In regards to his post... So...now you're saying they keep kids from getting scholarships because the coach "didn't feel like the kid was behaving to his liking"

Lol

Which is man? College coaches don't listen to high school coaches at all...or exclusively?

Very little sway with most college coaches and not telling a kid he has a offer is the same? I think that's what I put if I didn't then my bad, if I did then come on read my friend and comprehend what you read lol.

Very little sway with most college coaches and not telling a kid he has a offer is the same? I think that's what I put if I didn't then my bad, if I did then come on read my friend and comprehend what you read lol.

Just goes to show how little about the recruiting process you know. College coaches to not tell a high school coach to tell a kid they're offering an athletic scholarship. It is done directly. Phone calls, home visits, mail, email, and even yes...school visits. It is not true that a high school coach can keep a college coach off campus and not allow them to talk to a kid. Even tho some clown stated that earlier. College coaches do not wait around for 3rd party responses...that's just stupid.

Just goes to show how little about the recruiting process you know. College coaches to not tell a high school coach to tell a kid they're offering an athletic scholarship. It is done directly. Phone calls, home visits, mail, email, and even yes...school visits. It is not true that a high school coach can keep a college coach off campus and not allow them to talk to a kid. Even tho some clown stated that earlier. College coaches do not wait around for 3rd party responses...that's just stupid.

I'll end the conversation because I see it is you who doesn't know what he's talking about. A coach can't call a HS prospect until I think it's September or August of their senior year and its once a week, coaches can't do home visits until October of a kids senior year, coaches can't mail offers until August or September of a kids senior year.

90% of the time a college coach will call the HS coach and tell the HS coach to tell the kid he has a offer.

The other 10% is when a kid does well at a college camp or during junior day visits when kids visit a college campus theirselves.

No coach is emailing offers out, how many kids do you know that check emails on a consistent basis?

It is very true a coach can tell a college coach he can't speak to a kid while on his campus. Matter of fact it's against NCAA rules for a coach to speak to a kid during the spring eval period when most coaches do visit campus.

Go read the rules and get back to me because literally 90% of what you posted was false.

I'll end the conversation because I see it is you who doesn't know what he's talking about. A coach can't call a HS prospect until I think it's September or August of their senior year and its once a week, coaches can't do home visits until October of a kids senior year, coaches can't mail offers until August or September of a kids senior year.

90% of the time a college coach will call the HS coach and tell the HS coach to tell the kid he has a offer.

The other 10% is when a kid does well at a college camp or during junior day visits when kids visit a college campus theirselves.

No coach is emailing offers out, how many kids do you know that check emails on a consistent basis?

It is very true a coach can tell a college coach he can't speak to a kid while on his campus. Matter of fact it's against NCAA rules for a coach to speak to a kid during the spring eval period when most coaches do visit campus.

Go read the rules and get back to me because literally 90% of what you posted was false.

For someone as plugged in as you say you are, you need to go back and check that first paragraph. That's not even close.

You are showing your ignorance, I have been involved at the local HS level for 3 decades. HS school coaches may not play a kid --what dumb£££ coach would not play a legit D1 kid, REALLY,

I have been with Major Applewhite when on a recruiting trip and he picked a NON FOOTBALL kid out of the gym and tried to talk him into being a tight end. Because he fit their specifications for a TE. That is a FACT.

Very politely sir, except for playing time, a HS FB coach is like a janitor to a college coach, let me talk to the kid and stay out of the way.

Oh, the reason WOS kids go to D1 is the same reason they play for the Seahawks and Cowboys.

For someone as plugged in as you say you are, you need to go back and check that first paragraph. That's not even close.

It's very close matter of fact here is the link. Like I said this is what I do. Forgot about the one phone call the coaches get before May31st but other then that I was 100% on target. Try again.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2011/12/13/ncaa-rules-contacting-college-coaches.htm

Oh, and there are plenty of kids who get offers via email. Just not D1 for the most part. D2, D3, yes sir it happens. Those schools don't have the recruiting budget like the D1s have.

We are generally talking about D1 kids rules change for D2 D3 and jucos.

But I'm not seeing where or what a D1 would do as far as offering a kid that a D2 couldn't do that would cost so much more money that D2's don't have?

So your saying that their hasnt been any situation where a kid could have gotten a scholarship rather it be FBS, FCS or D2 and the coach stopped it from happening?
I'm probably the most plugged in guy in the area when it comes to recruiting and I'm telling you it does. Not as much as mommy and daddy want to believe but trust me it happens.

How are you plugged in?

How many years have you WORKED as a HS coach or Administrator?

Please tell us .

Your turn, how many?

How are you plugged in?

How many years have you WORKED as a HS coach or Administrator?

Please tell us .

Your turn, how many?

Don't have to. Got some people on here who know me from other site, Got some parents on here who know me. Ask Trey Baldwins parents, Deionte Thompson's parents, Travon Blanchard parents, Jmarcus Rhodes to name a few.

I was saying the hs coaches have to hustle and grind. If a hs coach doesn't want a coach on his campus then that coach can't come on campus. That's just they way it is. If the college coach has a good relationship with the HS coach the HS coach can make  difference on if the kid gets a scholarship. More times than less if a HS coach tells a college coach a kid has bad character they wont offer than kid. There are many schools in SETX that have a reputation for not being very friendly to college coaches. I have NEVER seen that stay out the way situation. But like I said its about relationships. I talk to slappy college coaches almost everyday.

Don't have to. Got some people on here who know me from other site, Got some parents on here who know me. Ask Trey Baldwins parents, Deionte Thompson's parents, Travon Blanchard parents, Jmarcus Rhodes to name a few.

Translation= WOS parent. Who knows what WOS parents say.

Have you ever worked as a coach or Admin?

Yes/no???

If you haven't it is second hand BS you are talking about.

Your turn -- how many years at a HS Campus???

Translation= WOS parent. Who knows what WOS parents say.

Have you ever worked as a coach or Admin?

Yes/no???

If you haven't it is second hand BS you are talking about.

Your turn -- how many years at a HS Campus???

I don't and have not had a kid play at WOS. I haven't coach or taught at a HS campus.

I was saying the hs coaches have to hustle and grind. If a hs coach doesn't want a coach on his campus then that coach can't come on campus. That's just they way it is. If the college coach has a good relationship with the HS coach the HS coach can make difference on if the kid gets a scholarship. More times than less if a HS coach tells a college coach a kid has bad character they wont offer than kid. There are many schools in SETX that have a reputation for not being very friendly to college coaches. I have NEVER seen that stay out the way situation. But like I said its about relationships. I talk to slappy college coaches almost everyday.

It's very close matter of fact here is the link. Like I said this is what I do. Forgot about the one phone call the coaches get before May31st but other then that I was 100% on target. Try again.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2011/12/13/ncaa-rules-contacting-college-coaches.htm

And when can college coaches start DMing on twitter?

Telephone Calls to Football Recruits
Division I-A and I-AA college coaches are allowed one call to student athletes (Or their relatives/guardians) made from April 15th until May 31st of the prospective athlete’s junior year in high school. Starting on September 1st of the prospective athlete’s senior year in high school, college coaches are allowed to call recruits once per week outside of a contact period. During the contact period, telephone contact is unlimited

Division I-A and I-AA college coaches are allowed one call to student athletes (Or their relatives/guardians) made from April 15th until May 31st of the prospective athlete’s junior year in high school. Starting on September 1st of the prospective athlete’s senior year in high school, college coaches are allowed to call recruits once per week outside of a contact period. During the contact period, telephone contact is unlimited

I did say I forgot

I did say I forgot coaches get one call before May 31st.

And coaches usually get the Twitter info to DM a kid after they make that one phone call or if a kid fills out a questionnaire or under the rare case these kids have their real names on their Twitter accound and not some nickname.

The NCAA hasn't put in rules in place for Twitter or Instagram yet.