Texas A&M vs Arizona State

king

​Texas State? Now we're talkin'....

​My high school teammate used to kick for the Bobcats and his girlfriend(now wife) was a cheerleader. Bikini tops are a common sight on campus late in the Spring semester and during summer school. The girls at the Dixie Chicken wear cutoff bib overalls and boots with no socks.

Any list with A&M in the top 10 is a joke.  No way they are even top 10 in the SEC. Maybe they rank above Miss St. and Mizzou?

Ole Miss was nice

Miss St terrible 

Bama decent 

Auburn better than Bama

LSU is hard to say.  Most of them were so drunk they could barely walk which drops them a few points in my book. 

I'll give yall the report on Vandy in Nov.  It will probably be cold which is no good.

i need to get to a Florida game.

​My high school teammate used to kick for the Bobcats and his girlfriend(now wife) was a cheerleader. Bikini tops are a common sight on campus late in the Spring semester and during summer school. The girls at the Dixie Chicken wear cutoff bib overalls and boots with no socks.

​I graduated from SWT in 1988.

Love Sewell Park and 5 Mile Dam. It's a beautiful campus.

A&M is the biggest school in the state and its in a smaller city.  You can't really compare it to Houston or DFW where everyone is spread out.  A&M has almost 60,000 students, tack on the 15,000 at Blinn that roughly gives you 37,500 college girls in a city that's 50 sq miles.  Don't take my word for it.  Go to Northgate on a Friday night and see for yourself.

​Ok, there's 90k students in a 30 mile radius between UT and Texas State. You want to see a real spectacle, go to 6th street on Friday night. It makes Northgate look like the strip in a dairy farming community. I can't lie and say Northgate isn't a great place to close the deal but it usually takes a little more alcohol than it does on The Hill at SMU or on the river in San Marcos.  

Why do you support other teams?

​I love the Longhorns. Grew up loving the Longhorns.

I felt like UT was too big for me and besides a little blonde headed girl went to SWT.

I support SWT financially through our alumni association, but it's a lot easier to follow and watch UT athletics. Plus, it's easier to find UT t-shirts.

When I talk to students I always push Texas State first. It's a great university.

Edited by GCMPats2

Why argue with all the anti-A&M crowd - you could show thousands of gorgeous gals from A&M (and they are indeed there) and they would make some comment about that.

Fact is A&M has has plenty of very good looking co-eds regardless of what THEY say.

And GCMPats2 - with you on the Texas State being a great university - would not hesitate to send anyone I know there - one of the best places in Texas to get a degree.  I would not have said the same when I was attending SFA as Southwest Texas State was a known party school at that time - from what I hear still not a bad place to party just a lot better on the academic side now.

Why argue with all the anti-A&M crowd - you could show thousands of gorgeous gals from A&M (and they are indeed there) and they would make some comment about that.

Fact is A&M has has plenty of very good looking co-eds regardless of what THEY say.

And GCMPats2 - with you on the Texas State being a great university - would not hesitate to send anyone I know there - one of the best places in Texas to get a degree.  I would not have said the same when I was attending SFA as Southwest Texas State was a known party school at that time - from what I hear still not a bad place to party just a lot better on the academic side now.

"Party school" is/was a bad rap. I do not know any umiversity that does not have their fair share of parties.

It has grown so much that when we go visit it's hardly recoginizable. It's still beautiful though.

​you didn't venture around during the boys state bball tournaments? 

​Saw all I cared to see during those 43 trips every March. Spent plenty of time on 6th Street at night. After I was old enough to drink, I stayed most of the time at Schulze's beer garden in between sessions.

Edited by AggiesAreWe

If you've spent your time in Collie Station, Austin can be a shock.   To be sure, aggy women can keep you much warmer in the winter, if you know what I mean.  

​Spent more time in Austin before I went to CS. About 12 years prior to Aggieland.

Seen just as many "heffers" in Austin.