Best RB this season?

king

Royce Freeman and Thomas Tyner will be a top duo to look for. Elliot is going to be a monster for OSU. Gray (UT) if healthy might be better than all of em, he should get alot of carries. Dont forget about the Hogs duo also, behind that massive o-line they're going to be a problem. 

Royce Freeman and Thomas Tyner will be a top duo to look for. Elliot is going to be a monster for OSU. Gray (UT) if healthy might be better than all of em, he should get alot of carries. Dont forget about the Hogs duo also, behind that massive o-line they're going to be a problem.

Elliot and Chubb will be the top 2 along with whoever Arkansas and Wisconsin put back there. Hopefully Gray can average more yards a game than he did in the bowl game.

Jonathan Gray. And remember this name - Duke Catalon

You must have read the same practice report I did. I guess you didn't like the part I posted but agree with this

Quote:
Running Back

MUSTTEMPEREXPECTATIONS

I'm not into hyperbole but apparently Duke Catalon is the next Ricky Williams. Seriously, we're told the redshirt freshman impressed to the point where folks we trust think he'll push Johnathan Gray for starter's carries once the season begins. "Catalon is the real deal and is going to push Gray this season. There was one play where he just refused to go down and broke at least four tackles - he really knows how to keep his legs moving and has tremendous balance."

As Inside Texas has been telling you since the beginning of time, Catalon has a unique blend of power, speed, and vision which should translate into him being a special back. Duke also has a very large chip residing on one of his shoulders which is exactly what you want out of your tailback if he happens to be running behind a young offensive line. We're not saying to get excited just yet, just be on the lookout.

You must have read the same practice report I did. I guess you didn't like the part I posted but agree with this

Quote:
Running Back

MUSTTEMPEREXPECTATIONS

I'm not into hyperbole but apparently Duke Catalon is the next Ricky Williams. Seriously, we're told the redshirt freshman impressed to the point where folks we trust think he'll push Johnathan Gray for starter's carries once the season begins. "Catalon is the real deal and is going to push Gray this season. There was one play where he just refused to go down and broke at least four tackles - he really knows how to keep his legs moving and has tremendous balance."

As Inside Texas has been telling you since the beginning of time, Catalon has a unique blend of power, speed, and vision which should translate into him being a special back. Duke also has a very large chip residing on one of his shoulders which is exactly what you want out of your tailback if he happens to be running behind a young offensive line. We're not saying to get excited just yet, just be on the lookout.

I read most of them. Duke has been getting rave reviews in practice since he arrived on campus last year. I was told by more than 1 person in the program that he might have been the best RB on campus during his redshirt year. We shall see.

• 2 weeks later...
1. Zeke Elliott - Ohio State

2. Samaje Perine - Oklahoma

3. Nick Chubb - Georgia

*There are two high school running backs I've ever broken down and came back with 0 weaknesses. One is still a sophomore in high school by the name of Toneil Carter, the other is Joe Mixon who happens to be Perine's teammate at OU. If he keeps his head on straight, watch out.

1. Zeke Elliott - Ohio State

2. Samaje Perine - Oklahoma

3. Nick Chubb - Georgia

*There are two high school running backs I've ever broken down and came back with 0 weaknesses. One is still a sophomore in high school by the name of Toneil Carter, the other is Joe Mixon who happens to be Perine's teammate at OU. If he keeps his head on straight, watch out.

Perine wont have the numbers if OU actually went back to the air raid offense like it has been said. But if he does get the carries he will be up there with the best also.

IDK, Shock Linwood still had over 250 carries in Baylor's offense last year with Petty throwing it as much as he did. In today's pass happy schemes which are usually up tempo teams run close to 100 plays a game, even if you cut that number down to 85 there's still going to be about 35 or 40 carries to split between the backs so if Perine can get about 20 per game which is where he was last year he might actually have a bigger season with less people in the box. It could be a moot point anyway though if Mixon beats him out.

IDK, Shock Linwood still had over 250 carries in Baylor's offense last year with Petty throwing it as much as he did. In today's pass happy schemes which are usually up tempo teams run close to 100 plays a game, even if you cut that number down to 85 there's still going to be about 35 or 40 carries to split between the backs so if Perine can get about 20 per game which is where he was last year he might actually have a bigger season with less people in the box. It could be a moot point anyway though if Mixon beats him out.

Mixon does have a history of beating people...