23-3a let's hear it.

ZERO ROOM FOR MISTAKES! IF A TEAM IN THE TOP THREE BLINKS...WAVE BYE BYE TO THE DC!

> Lognion and Marshall pitching duo is tough...Dynamic Duo! I think they would argue as to which one gets to be Batman and which one is Robin! LOL

> I dont care who you are Jackson Gore is always a big challenge on the mound or at the plate.

> Weyler has proven to be very effective

> Slade Collins can play any position you ask him too aswell as smoke a ball!

> Kreston Richardson and Joe Cark game changers for Buna

> Edmonds for AP is doing well

you guys know of more...let it fly...don't mean to leave anybody out!

Warren - Team to beat right now, steady and simple and just getting it done.

Kountze - Flashes of dominance followed with glimpses of doom - if they figure it out, they could take control

Buna - Pretty much the steady eddie of the crowd, whether you love em or hate em, they are 5-2

fourth is up for whoever wants to go get it.

Hardin is my pick to get done.

Warren - Team to beat right now, steady and simple and just getting it done.
Kountze - Flashes of dominance followed with glimpses of doom - if they figure it out, they could take control
Buna - Pretty much the steady eddie of the crowd, whether you love em or hate em, they are 5-2

fourth is up for whoever wants to go get it.
Hardin is my pick to get done.

Kountze lost one game by one run...but I will drink the Koolaid! LOL

I just realized the topic was to pick kids, I thought it was pick how the district would end up ......   sorry to get off topic.

I think it would cool if we had some sort of a system whereby the umpires submitted some sort of grading system or ranking of what they saw on the field.  All umpires that worked the district would get to submit game by game and good keep their votes private if they wanted.  I think they have the best available perspective on who is a standout outfielder, infielder, pitcher, catcher and by letting them all vote you might be able to factor out favoritism.  Let's face it, what coach wouldn't stand behind their own players as much as possible.  

Our district is definitely blessed with some good athletes and some baseball talent.  But you got to get it done on the filed.  Like the quote says  "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"  I enjoy watching these boys reach their potential regardless of the name on the front or the back of the jersey.  

I just realized the topic was to pick kids, I thought it was pick how the district would end up ......   sorry to get off topic.

I think it would cool if we had some sort of a system whereby the umpires submitted some sort of grading system or ranking of what they saw on the field.  All umpires that worked the district would get to submit game by game and good keep their votes private if they wanted.  I think they have the best available perspective on who is a standout outfielder, infielder, pitcher, catcher and by letting them all vote you might be able to factor out favoritism.  Let's face it, what coach wouldn't stand behind their own players as much as possible.  

Our district is definitely blessed with some good athletes and some baseball talent.  But you got to get it done on the filed.  Like the quote says  "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"  I enjoy watching these boys reach their potential regardless of the name on the front or the back of the jersey.  

well in a way they do...the umpires pick the TASO All Star line-up...or atleast I think they do.

well in a way they do...the umpires pick the TASO All Star line-up...or atleast I think they do.I

Yes, of course but it covers several districts at a time, if I remember correctly, I was suggesting to  carry that over to each district for 1st and 2nd team pics and of course you MVP picks --- I realize no system is perfect and no matter what there is always an angle/point of view that it seems unfair.  Coaches are at a disadvantage because they only see kids playing their team most of the time.  To their defense, they can only vote on what they see live  and what they are told statistically by the players coaches.  The umpires see the kids playing in all sorts of environment.  That being said, I think they do a great job overall with the TASO selections.