wo-s@ pn-g week two

No doubt, Crosby is mountains better than PN. If there weren't 4 places PNG wouldn't even go to the playoffs.
The coach before basically gave the new coach the 1st year team.
Throw aside the 1st year what is their record?

Called ex coach there 31& 25 record excluding year one.

District favorites next year, don't see it.

An I missing facts that indicate otherwise?

Help me see the light, how they gonna beat them Dawgs?

I'll never understand all the PN-G, Crosby stuff. Cougars have had some solid teams, but it's been a pretty one-sided series. Now Dayton is another story.

89: PN-G 41-21 (Bi-District)
00: PN-G 7-0
01: PN-G 42-7
03: PN-G 20-14
06: PN-G 21-14
07: Crosby 7-0
08: PN-G 28-27
09: PN-G 37-7
10: PN-G 38-7
11: Crosby 30-29
13: Crosby 49-28 (Bi-District)

I'll never understand all the PN-G, Crosby stuff. Cougars have had some solid teams, but it's been a pretty one-sided series. Now Dayton is another story.

OUCH!!!!! 

No doubt, Crosby is mountains better than PN. If there weren't 4 places PNG wouldn't even go to the playoffs.

Outside of 2014 the other 5 years that PNG has made the playoffs under Faircloth they were either the 1 seed or the 2 seed. So that blows your 4 places comment out the water.

The coach before basically gave the new coach the 1st year team.

Throw aside the 1st year what is their record?

And yes BF took Matts group that he won 3 games with the year before and went 11-1. Making it evident that the coaching change was warranted.
PNG under MB in 15 years with 3 teams then 4 teams qualifying for the playoffs most of those years had 5 total playoff qualifiers. FIVE.
PNG under BF in 6 years 5 playoff qualifiers. FIVE. and all 3 seeds or better so they qualify even in the MB era.

What PNG needs to do now is get past Dayton/Crosby.

Outside of 2014 the other 5 years that PNG has made the playoffs under Faircloth they were either the 1 seed or the 2 seed. So that blows your 4 places comment out the water.

And yes BF took Matts group that he won 3 games with the year before and went 11-1. Making it evident that the coaching change was warranted.
PNG under MB in 15 years with 3 teams then 4 teams qualifying for the playoffs most of those years had 5 total playoff qualifiers. FIVE.
PNG under BF in 6 years 5 playoff qualifiers. FIVE. and all 3 seeds or better so they qualify even in the MB era.

Those dadgum facts again. ;)

Outside of 2014 the other 5 years that PNG has made the playoffs under Faircloth they were either the 1 seed or the 2 seed. So that blows your 4 places comment out the water. And yes BF took Matts group that he won 3 games with the year before and went 11-1. Making it evident that the coaching change was warranted.

See your facts mixed with opinions on the 1st year we will never know cause Burnett didn't coach them.

I guess I am coming from more of a Nederland winning the last several years prospective and not much of a playoff run (except 1st year) at PN. 2nd, 3rd, 4th place in our district, not impressed.

Nothing personal and best of luck this year. Hear you have a tall Soph at WR with Mczeal, Sullivan and if Giblin can get clear for contact sports (he is on 2nd surgery) coupled with Morse, should light them up.

Oct. 16th should be great!!!

Actually in 2013 PNG was the #4 Seed. There was a three way tie for 2,3, and 4 because PNG, LCM, and Central all beat each other. It came down to points and Central was #2, LCM finished #3, and PNG was #4. So there is some validation on PNG finishing fourth in the past few years!

See your facts mixed with opinions on the 1st year we will never know cause Burnett didn't coach them.

I guess I am coming from more of a Nederland winning the last several years prospective and not much of a playoff run (except 1st year) at PN.

It is a fact that BF team in 2009 won 11 games and the MB led team of 2008 won 3. Also a fact that the core of that 2009 team (Doty, Lunceford, Schexneider, Thompson) were all standing on the sideline as Sophomores during the 2008 district season for some reason. Never understood having them not play on Varsity instead of actually playing on JV???
And year two was actually Faircloths best playoff run so far. Three deep and gave huge soon to be 5A Manvel team all they could handle in rd 3.
So I will conceed the 1 in 5 playoff teams finished 4th with the gurus fact (thank you guru). Didn't know how the seeds played out in the three way tie except that we got the 19-4A DC in D2 meaning LCM finished above us.
The 2015 version of PNG football should be very fun. Lots of talent returning. And some key additions as well from a talented freshman group last year. I also keep hearing about J. Roses little brother and wonder if he will get into the mix somewhere as a Fish???

I thought Matt Burnett was a great coach. That 3 win year you speak of was because he simply didnt have the talent. Much like the season BF had a few years back when he simply didnt have the talent. What did BF do that year , 4 wins ? The difference is Burnett lost his job over it

I thought Matt Burnett was a great coach. That 3 win year you speak of was because he simply didnt have the talent. Much like the season BF had a few years back when he simply didnt have the talent. What did BF do that year , 4 wins ? The difference is Burnett lost his job over it

Burnett losing his job  probably had more to do with making the playoffs only 6 times in 14 years ( and possibly due to only five wins vs Ned :) ).  The '99 run to state bought him a few more chances IMO.

Burnett losing his job probably had more to do with making the playoffs only 6 times in 14 years ( and possibly due to only five wins vs Ned :) ). The '99 run to state bought him a few more chances IMO.

Makes sense !
Just out of curiosity , How many wins does BF have vs Ned ?

Out last 6 games which have covered the last 7/8 years Crosby and PNG are 3-3 vs each other. History and tradition is all PNG has now, unfortunately that hasn't helped their 16-16 record over the last three years or the 0 wins and multiple blowouts they've faced from teams outside of SETX recently, none of which even got passed the second round the year they beat the Indians. Historical data is one thing, current facts are completely another.

Past is only irrelevant to those who do not have one.

I believe Cedar Park has one in 2012, had several kids that were holdovers from the title team when we played them last year too. People from Hutto and PLC did, but never once did a person from CP bring up their 2012 title when we were jousting back and fourth. I can't remember verbatim what one of their posters said but it was basically, " the title we already won in 2012 has nothing to do with the title we're trying to win in 2014". And trust me, that's coming from the most arrogant group of fans I've EVER seen. I think when you really have a shot to win one you don't bring up ones from 40 or 50 years ago, when you don't you reach back to the good ole' days like PNG fans do.

I believe Cedar Park has one in 2012, had several kids that were holdovers from the title team when we played them last year too. People from Hutto and PLC did, but never once did a person from CP bring up their 2012 title when we were jousting back and fourth. I can't remember verbatim what one of their posters said but it was basically, " the title we already won in 2012 has nothing to do with the title we're trying to win in 2014". And trust me, that's coming from the most arrogant group of fans I've EVER seen. I think when you really have a shot to win one you don't bring up ones from 40 or 50 years ago, when you don't you reach back to the good ole' days like PNG fans do.

you have to give them credit 3 state titles AND the 75 state champ and #2 NATIONAL ranking along with the great wins in 53 and 55 they really do have tradition.

Here they are bring them back for the Ned game this year at halftime.

Hebert and CP had it going on too.

Can't forget TJ in the 20's thru the 60's there again should still have Lincoln and TJ, only PtA and Bmt could screw up a good thing.

Still upholding the tradition'!!!!! In PtA and Bmt