Russia Threatens Denmark Over Possible NATO Defense Shield Membership

PN-G bamatex

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-threatens-denmark-with-nuclear-weapons-if-it-tries-to-join-nato-defence-shield-10125529.html?cmpid=facebook-post

If there is anyone out there who still thinks Romney was wrong when he said Russia is our greatest geopolitical foe, you might as well give up on trying to understand foreign policy.

First I would like to say, Russia is definitely are biggest for right now. Second, the threat is pretty hilarious, but true. The quote is being misrepresented. The ships would not be attacked in retaliation, but would become initial targets in the event of a war, due to their importance to NATO.

​A threat is a threat is a threat. Was the Russian ambassador saying that Denmark's allegiance to NATO would put their vessels in the crosshairs right now? No. The fact remains, however, that he was still telling them their navy would be in the crosshairs. Not only was that clearly intended to intimidate the Danes into acquiescence, it was intended to send a message that NATO is an enemy of the Russian state, which underscores the point of both my statement and Mr. Romney's in 2012.

Edited by bandkid

• 3 months later...

"At the same time the bombers were in the air probing the West Coast of the United States, Russian President Vladimir Putin called President Obama to wish him a happy July 4th."

This is the hidden content, please

"A 'source familiar with the situation' told Interfax on Tuesday that the Russian Prosecutor General's office began checking the legality of the recognition of the independence of the Baltics... The report comes one week after the transfer of Crimea to Ukraine in 1954 — back when Nikita Khrushchev was in power — was declared unconstitutional."

I have been raising red flags about Vladimir Putin and Russian expansionism for years. I do not understand how people can constantly turn a blind eye to the modern day version of Adolf Hitler poking and prodding at Britain and France while annexing various European states during the mid and late 1930s. If the tone and nature of our relationship with Russia does not change soon, this series of events will yield the same eventual result as that one.

• 3 weeks later...

"'Good morning, American pilots. We are here to greet you on your Fourth of July Independence Day,' the message stated... The long-range bombers were intercepted on July 4 just 39 miles from the California coast."

That's not from a movie. That's real life, and it happened three weeks ago. This is intimidation, pure and simple.

Edited by PN-G bamatex

Russia has every right to fly anywhere beyond 12nm of our landmasses, and can fly wherever they want over 50 miles high. Nobody can do anything about it. 

Russia also gets to fly in our airspace as part of the Open Skies treaty.

It would much more intimidating if the aircraft they were using for these flights didn't crash every month or so.

Russia has every right to fly anywhere beyond 12nm of our landmasses, and can fly wherever they want over 50 miles high. Nobody can do anything about it.

I have every right to drive in front of your house. If I park on the street out front and sit in the bed of my pick-up with my carry gun strapped to my belt, I haven't broken any laws. Nobody can do anything about it.

Doesn't mean I'm not doing it to intimidate you. Doesn't mean you shouldn't be concerned. Doesn't mean that you shouldn't be keeping a watchful eye with your own gun handy. At least, that's what I'd be doing. I wouldn't be ignoring it like the president seems to be. And I certainly wouldn't be alright with that like you seem to be.

Putin is aware Obama knows nothing of Foreign Policy.   He toys with us like a cat would with a bird with a broken wing.  Bet he's drinking vodka and laughing his b-tt off.  Probably doesn't bother those Libs in Washington, but it urinates me off.   

Putin is aware Obama knows nothing of Foreign Policy.   He toys with us like a cat would with a bird with a broken wing.  Bet he's drinking vodka and laughing his b-tt off.  Probably doesn't bother those Libs in Washington, but it urinates me off.   

​i think of Putin as a smarter version of that idiot in North Korea. Thats not good. 

​i think of Putin as a smarter version of that idiot in North Korea. Thats not good. 

​Not just smarter, stronger. North Korea could have Stephen Hawking for a leader and I'd still consider Russia more of a threat.

Russia is to North Korea as the Titanic is to a rubber dinghy. It doesn't really matter what the IQ of the guy at the helm is, one is still obviously superior to the other.

​Not just smarter, stronger. North Korea could have Stephen Hawking for a leader and I'd still consider Russia more of a threat.

Russia is to North Korea as the Titanic is to a rubber dinghy. It doesn't really matter what the IQ of the guy at the helm is, one is still obviously superior to the other.

Yes and Putin has a big chip on his shoulder.  Bring Mother Russia back to its former glory.  Pushing the edge of an envelope we d-mn sure don't want opened.