Larry Haynes Out at Lumberton

Which Barbay we talkin here, Coldspring or Jasper. Really though it doesn't matter which one why would either want to go to lumberton. They are one of the lowest paying jobs in the area, Zero College athletes in 3 seasons as a 5A program, so zero talent no matter what the locals claim, they are the smallest school in the toughest 5A district in the region, the board just ran off the coach with the 2nd most career wins (150+ wins) among non retired coaches in SETX after 17 months on the job, and they have less coaches on staff than most 3A schools do. Hard to be successful with that formula. Neither Barbay wants to fight that much of an uphill battle when they can make the same money and they have athletes where they are now, that would be plain dumb. The only good coach Lumberton can get is a young coach who is starving for his first job and he will use it as a stepping stone job and only stay for 2 years or so if he wins. other than that sub par pay, way below sub par athletes, and a crazy board.

Which Barbay we talkin here, Coldspring or Jasper. Really though it doesn't matter which one why would either want to go to lumberton. They are one of the lowest paying jobs in the area, Zero College athletes in 3 seasons as a 5A program, so zero talent no matter what the locals claim, they are the smallest school in the toughest 5A district in the region, the board just ran off the coach with the 2nd most career wins (150+ wins) among non retired coaches in SETX after 17 months on the job, and they have less coaches on staff than most 3A schools do. Hard to be successful with that formula. Neither Barbay wants to fight that much of an uphill battle when they can make the same money and they have athletes where they are now, that would be plain dumb. The only good coach Lumberton can get is a young coach who is starving for his first job and he will use it as a stepping stone job and only stay for 2 years or so if he wins. other than that sub par pay, way below sub par athletes, and a crazy board.

Not the Jasper one. 

If Barbay goes, I'll bet that the things mentioned above were taken care of during negotiations. Staff members, pay, etc are things that can be negotiated and agreed upon before hiring. My feeling is that he is shrewd enough to get that stuff done. He could pick his job, he wouldn't pick this one without it being the right fit.

If Barbay goes, I'll bet that the things mentioned above were taken care of during negotiations. Staff members, pay, etc are things that can be negotiated and agreed upon before hiring. My feeling is that he is shrewd enough to get that stuff done. He could pick his job, he wouldn't pick this one without it being the right fit.

Bingo

Yeah but when a school district makes a varsity 5A football team coach with only 4 Varsity assistants and a head coach like Lumberton did this last season, and they had a big name coach with a resume every bit as good as Barbays, and he wasnt allowed by his administration to hire coaches when coaches leave. Look it up Lumberton is a 5A with 4 varsity assistants. It doesnt matter where you go in the state most 5A schools have 8-12 varsity assistants. So you think barbay will be able to talk his Principal and Superintendent to double or triple his staff. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. They just reassigned a coach who was a veteran and is shrewd and they consistently took coaches away from him. Lumberton wont be able to hire anyone worth a flip unless the Admin completely changes the way they operate. Lumberton has less coaches on staff than most 3A schools do. How can you expect to get a good coach when you wont let him have a full staff he has bad talent traditionally and you pay jack squat for a 5A job. Why do you think the assistants leave there so fast, its a bad job period.

Yeah but when a school district makes a varsity 5A football team coach with only 4 Varsity assistants and a head coach like Lumberton did this last season, and they had a big name coach with a resume every bit as good as Barbays, and he wasnt allowed by his administration to hire coaches when coaches leave. Look it up Lumberton is a 5A with 4 varsity assistants. It doesnt matter where you go in the state most 5A schools have 8-12 varsity assistants. So you think barbay will be able to talk his Principal and Superintendent to double or triple his staff. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. They just reassigned a coach who was a veteran and is shrewd and they consistently took coaches away from him. Lumberton wont be able to hire anyone worth a flip unless the Admin completely changes the way they operate. Lumberton has less coaches on staff than most 3A schools do. How can you expect to get a good coach when you wont let him have a full staff he has bad talent traditionally and you pay jack squat for a 5A job. Why do you think the assistants leave there so fast, its a bad job period.

He's right I just looked on their website. 4 varsity assistants and to make it even more embarrassing only 1 Offensive Varsity Assistant. So the whole 5A Varsity Offensive Staff according to the website was Larry Haynes Head Coach and Nathan Byerly OC-OL. THAT'S IT!!!!! So you only give the guy 2 seasons and 1 offensive coach then you fire him, wow how can the administration claim they are doing whats best for the kids in that community and that program when you look at the facts. Thats just bad business, I would be furious if I was a parent and my kid was there, or I'd just move to PNG,GEE WHIZ. I don't think Vince Lombardi can talk a Sup into creating 6-8 positions that don't exist currently.

Um, Haynes resume is used toilet paper compared to Barbay's.

Secondarily, I said this earlier and you must've missed it, Barbay would not accept this job unless he was guaranteed a certain number of assistants, and he will probably get to bring who he wants with him.

This idea that Haynes is one of the greatest coaches in SETXHSFB history is nonsense. Explain to me why he was in Hardin if he was so "big name" and had such a "great resume". You can't. He's a good coach, but he couldn't sweep the weight room of the upper third of coaches in this area. Both Barbays would coach circles around him, and I won't even mention the name of the daddy in the same sentence as Haynes.

Secondarily, I said this earlier and you must've missed it, Barbay would not accept this job unless he was guaranteed a certain number of assistants, and he will probably get to bring who he wants with him.

This idea that Haynes is one of the greatest coaches in SETXHSFB history is nonsense. Explain to me why he was in Hardin if he was so "big name" and had such a "great resume". You can't. He's a good coach, but he couldn't sweep the weight room of the upper third of coaches in this area. Both Barbays would coach circles around him, and I won't even mention the name of the daddy in the same sentence as Haynes.

Barbay's record:

BRIAN BARBAY
8 years; 77-24-0; 8-5-0  (76.23% WP)
2007  Coldspring           5-6-0 T
2008  Coldspring           6-4-0 R
2009  Coldspring         10-3-0 R
2010  Coldspring         14-2-0*
2011  Coldspring         14-1-0*
2012  Coldspring           9-3-0*
2013  Coldspring         10-2-0*​
2014  Coldspring​           9-3-0*

Hayne's Record:

LARRY HAYNES
23 years; 149-95-3; 12-4-0 (60.32% WP)
1989  Lumberton                4-6-0
1990  Lumberton                7-3-0
1991  Lumberton                8-2-0
1992  Clear Lake                7-4-1 R
1993  Clear Lake                8-1-2 R
1994  Clear Lake               10-1-0*
1995  Clear Lake                 7-5-0 T
1996  Haltom                     11-1-0*
1997  Haltom                     11-1-0*
1998  Haltom                       7-4-0 R
1999  Haltom                       5-5-0
2000  Haltom                       7-4-0*
2001  FW Brewer               5-5-0
2002  Crosby                      6-4-0
2003  Crosby                      8-4-0 T
2004  Aldine Eisenhower    6-5-0 T
              —staff, Baytown Lee–
2007  Hardin                       9-3-0 T
2008  Hardin                       6-4-0 R
2009  Hardin                       6-4-0
2010  Hardin                       5-5-0
2011  Hardin                       3-7-0
2012  ---retired---
2013  Lumberton​​               0-10-0
2014  Lumberton​                3-7-0

He is a good enough coach that he should keep his job after just 2 years.

If you're going to compare "x's and o's" be sure to compare" Larry's and Joe's".

Why just the principal, Shouldn't the SUP of a 1 horse town be over all the decisions when it involves hiring and firing and allocating staff members for athletics and teaching as well. 

Didn't say just the principal! One of the many problems! When your principal hires teachers to fill slots that usually coaches would be able to teach without the AD being able to have a say so. And yes you're correct. Why didn't the Sup, who was a coach in the past, step in and help resolve some of the situations? And yes, it does make you wanna take your kids somewhere else! If it wasn't for Lumberton or HF, how good would've PNG been last year?

Didn't say just the principal! One of the many problems! When your principal hires teachers to fill slots that usually coaches would be able to teach without the AD being able to have a say so. And yes you're correct. Why didn't the Sup, who was a coach in the past, step in and help resolve some of the situations? And yes, it does make you wanna take your kids somewhere else! If it wasn't for Lumberton or HF, how good would've PNG been last year?

LOL

It sounds to me like we have a few people on this thread who would do a great job as a board member.  Funny thing is, I don't recall seeing any new faces for the 3 board positions that just came up for re-election in the past couple months.  I can't recall the last time there was more than ONE person willing to serve a term.  With all the time spent on this forum trying to arm-chair quarterback this thing, I would think those same people would want to lend a hand and volunteer their time, their wealth of knowledge and their expertise to such a needy cause.  I guess it's easier to just whine, cry and complain about the job others are doing.  SMH 

Exactly, Jimmy's & Joe's With Barbay vs. Haynes, All the programs he had that success with at were bad before and been bad since except Crosby. Haynes grew up and graduated from Hardin and wanted to go back to his roots I assume. Hes a career 5A/6A Houston / Metroplex / SETX coach with right at 150 wins and had the only success in school history every job he's had. Barbay is also phenomenal but small 3A  4A and his 2 14 win seasons were with the best 3A player in the state at RB and loaded all over. Still a great coach and coldspring will suffer if he leaves. I think they are about even as coaches honestly, thats why i'm comparing the two, Barbay cant get any extra coaches or extra sway at lumberton if they wont give it to Haynes. They are definitely comparable. Look at Clear Lake and Haltom and Lumberton since Haynes left, Coldspring would probably fall off a bit too if Barbay left, but they wouldn't disappear like those 3 programs did. Coldspring is nuts if they let Barbay go no doubt though. 

I graduated from Crosby and played for Haynes. The reason why Crosby got better recently is they opened highway 90 from dayton to downtown. Now we get way more and way better athletes. We get kids whose parents move from downtown Houston and wanna move out and North Shore kids that we weren't getting when i went to school there. There are way more numbers in every class for the program and we are big and fast now. When I was there and coach Haynes was our coach we were coming off  1-9 seasons 2 years in a row and then went 6-4 and 8-4 and had the number one offense in the greater houston area both seasons w/ only 1 scholarship player in 2 seasons at a 5A program. So I think he's underrated if anything, but I played for him and love him so I'm biased. But we were terrible before he got there with the worst facilities ever, then we kicked butt coming off 1-9 back to back he got the community behind a bond and now crosby has facilities that attract kids and parents. We were bad after he left the first few years but then the freeway opened and athletes came to play on the nice turf field and new stadium. Thanks Coach Haynes our community is better for having you, and i'm sure a lot of our current success has to do with the facelift you gave the program. 

Exactly, Jimmy's & Joe's With Barbay vs. Haynes, All the programs he had that success with at were bad before and been bad since except Crosby. Haynes grew up and graduated from Hardin and wanted to go back to his roots I assume. Hes a career 5A/6A Houston / Metroplex / SETX coach with right at 150 wins and had the only success in school history every job he's had. Barbay is also phenomenal but small 3A  4A and his 2 14 win seasons were with the best 3A player in the state at RB and loaded all over. Still a great coach and coldspring will suffer if he leaves. I think they are about even as coaches honestly, thats why i'm comparing the two, Barbay cant get any extra coaches or extra sway at lumberton if they wont give it to Haynes. They are definitely comparable. Look at Clear Lake and Haltom and Lumberton since Haynes left, Coldspring would probably fall off a bit too if Barbay left, but they wouldn't disappear like those 3 programs did. Coldspring is nuts if they let Barbay go no doubt though. 

Story is the same with Barbay at Coldspring. They were bad when he got there, and they will be bad when he leaves. To call the two equals is insanity. Haynes has never coached a lick of defense a day in his life.  I think Larry can coach, but to say that he has as much swag before the Lumberton administration as Brian Barbay would have is nonsense. Barbay could walk into Lumberton call his shot, and begin to win almost immediately.

Story is the same with Barbay at Coldspring. They were bad when he got there, and they will be bad when he leaves. To call the two equals is insanity. Haynes has never coached a lick of defense a day in his life. I think Larry can coach, but to say that he has as much swag before the Lumberton administration as Brian Barbay would have is nonsense. Barbay could walk into Lumberton call his shot, and begin to win almost immediately.

God can't win coaching at Lumberton. Nice effort

Story is the same with Barbay at Coldspring. They were bad when he got there, and they will be bad when he leaves. To call the two equals is insanity. Haynes has never coached a lick of defense a day in his life. I think Larry can coach, but to say that he has as much swag before the Lumberton administration as Brian Barbay would have is nonsense. Barbay could walk into Lumberton call his shot, and begin to win almost immediately.

Wanna bet?

Haha, No one can win at lumberton and no coach in the world will walk in regardless of how much "SWAG" he has lol, and convince a school district to add 6-8 new employees and add and extra $320,000 in payroll. Wow your just plain silly. Once again I'll take a guy who turned around 4 5/6A programs and has a 25/30 yr track record with 4 undefeated seasons at the 6A level in the DFW / HOUSTON area over a 3A guy with an historic run of talent any day. And what makes you say he hasn't ever coached a lick of defense. You think he can go undefeated at the 6A level in Houston and DFW four different seasons and not play a lick of defense. What a clown you obviously don't like the guy cause he's from Hardin because your a local from the armpit of SETX at HD. What a clown, yeah they beat every one in 6A games 65-62 10 games in a row 4 different seasons then I guess huh, just Mickey mouse football and beat all those big time 6A programs, what a clown.