Larry Haynes Out at Lumberton

GCM my comment was you don't rebuild a program with different players. You are dealt a hand as a head coach and you as the coach have to make it work. You are exactly correct, you have to get the kids to buy into your philosophy and get them excited and get the community excited about what you are trying to build. I attended every home game for the past two years of Lumberton went to the community pep rally's and supported the coach and players the entire way. I have never bad mouthed the guy or said anything negative about the guy, but you cannot tell me he got the boys excited about football or any other sport when all that I heard was grumbling from players parents and other fans. The grumblings were not just about X's and O's either, it was about how he did or didn't discipline certain kids and Why is he doing this and why is he doing that. I saw the boys fight hard and come up short on several occasions. But I also observed several losses especially at the beginning of the year that I felt was due to coaching. I don't believe in the Lumberton is the smallest school in 5A so they can't win philosophy either. They couldn't beat smaller schools in pre season either. I'm a believer in you see what talent and athleticism you have throughout the student body, you get ALL STUDENTS excited about ATHLETICS and get as many kids as possible to get involved in something they can be proud of coach the kids up go out and get the community excited about what you are trying to do. Of course winning helps as well.

REALLY. ....the offense put up numbers all year

One4Alll is correct:

Prior to Hayne's Offense:  Avg 10 pts/gm 
With Hayne's Offense: Avg 28 pts/gm

Prior to Hayne's Offense: Avg 234 yds/gm
With Hayne's Offense: Avg 430 yds/gm

Defense also improved but not as dramatically.

I find it funny when you ask a direct question and you get a vague answer. I never claimed to be an expert or claimed to know how to coach and never once said he need to run anything else. I never said he was a horrible coach. What I said was "it just didn't work"! I'm not saying it didn't work the first time in Lumberton, Clear Lake or Hardin and where ever else the man coached, but to me and my observations it just didn't work this time.

And by the way, anything besides a zero win season is a vast improvement.
I'll give you my observation of Coach Paine, he shows a lot of excitement on the field and the the boys appear to really like him, he appears to be a good family man, BUT it wasn't the offense that struggled last year (for the most part) it was the defense, and I believe (not positive) Coach Paine was the defensive coordinator.

Maybe so. But if the boys felt as strongly about him as the parents on here are claiming I would have thought he would be the one standing up for the coach and trying to convince the other board members that it is a mistake and that the boys would be crushed by that kind of decision. And who knows maybe he did, but by voting with the rest of the school board that is not the signal it sends to me.

Maybe so. But if the boys felt as strongly about him as the parents on here are claiming I would have thought he would be the one standing up for the coach and trying to convince the other board members that it is a mistake and that the boys would be crushed by that kind of decision. And who knows maybe he did, but by voting with the rest of the school board that is not the signal it sends to me.

The original vote was not 7-0 in February.

I'm sure they weren't and I honestly could care less, but they weren't worried about the signal they sent to the boys on the team either. I am just giving my opinion on a public message board. It's obvious spoonbill you have a son on the team and I hate that the boys are upset, but I am just stating my observations as an outsider looking in.
I am going to ask another direct question, let's see if I can get a straight answer on this one or another vague answer:
Why did the school board vote to not renew his contract?
The school board is made up of seven non paid elected citizens from the city of Lumberton to make decisions that benefits the student body of Lumberton ISD. So why did a majority of these seven individuals decide that the best thing for the student body was to remove him as head coach?

I not to proud to say I could be wrong on all of this. I was told (didn't see with my two eyes) that the initial vote was 7/0 on February 4 or 5th to not extend his contract past next year. I tried to look up the information on the school website and tried to google it, but couldn't find the information about the school board votes.

You're incorrect in your assumptions. The reasoning will come out in time. You can feel free to continue to speculate tho. Switching to a system like Babin runs will take the patience of job. Just saying. If you don't believe me check the standings thread on Warren's record last year.

I have never said anything about Babin. All that I know is Babin used to be an assistant coach under Crueder, went to Houston Scarbrough, came back to Lumberton as an assistant, went to Deweyville and now is at Warren as AD/HC there. I don't know what his record is or what offense he runs or what defense he puts on the field.

Why are my questions so taboo to answer? They are simple questions to answer.

The statement about coach Babin wasn't directed at anyone. It's just a statement of fact. His name has been mentioned as a possible replacement and I think it would be a devastating blow to several of the skill position players on the team that have given a lot to the program. It's definitely not what they want.

I know Babin.  I worked with Babin.  He adapts his offensive system to the kids he has.

Scarbrough - Pro Style

Deweyville - Unbalanced I 

Warren - Slot-t

He has taken over three underachieving programs and adapted to the kids he had.  Let's not forget that the last game Scarborugh won was with him (2009).  Let's not forget that he brought Deweyville to the playoffs twice.  He knew he faced challenges at Warren and took his lumps his first year.  From what I understand, offseason in Warren is extremely tough and intense.  I would expect Warren to be much improved next year.  I KNOW that he would run a more modern, diversified offense in Lumberton or at any other 5A-6A school. How do I KNOW this?... because he told me.  What I DO NOT know is if he is even interested in Lumberton.

You people kill me.  You state rumors and assumptions as fact on this message board.  How about this crazy notion:  Let the district administrators decide who is best for the job.  The fact that the kids like a coach should carry no weight in the hiring decision.  You pay taxes to employ school officials that make decisions that are best for the district.  In this case, the decision is regarding an administrator that is going to lead kids in an ethical and inspired fashion.  For once, leave the politics and rumors aside and let the district do its job!