Larry Haynes Out at Lumberton

He won more games this season than the last 3.5 seasons combined. So how can you say it wasn't working out. They won 7 total points from winning 5 games and put up almost 40 on big bad Nederland in the last game of the year. Gotta give him another year. This is out of the Cleveland Browns playbook for how to attract bad coaches. Who would want to go there now. Hope the sup has a buddy cause that's the only hope for finding a good coach. And if he does find a buddy I guess we all know who was wanting him out. Sounds shady. Like someone isn't man enough to do things honestly.

School boards are there to make policy and oversee the financial security of the district. They are not there to run the day to day operations. They collectively hire a Superintendent and that man or woman then makes decisions deligated to them by district policy. When hireing a new Coach a list of applicants is gathered and then interviewed, the list is shortened and finally the Superintendent makes a request for action presenting his choice to the board...the board should be behind their man they picked to run the District and not attemp situational or micro-management.

School boards are there to make policy and oversee the financial security of the district. They are not there to run the day to day operations. They collectively hire a Superintendent and that man or woman then makes decisions deligated to them by district policy. When hireing a new Coach a list of applicants is gathered and then interviewed, the list is shortened and finally the Superintendent makes a request for action presenting his choice to the board...the board should be behind their man they picked to run the District and not attemp situational or micro-management.

Spot on

Some one mentioned or asked the question why the youth FB teams in Lumberton excell but not so much when they get to MS football and beyond.
To me its three fold.
1. Lumberton youth do not run the same offense and defense as the HS. I know Vidor and PNG kids are lining up in formations they will see as seventh graders and beyond, by design. They have half the battle won before their first practice. HC at both schools can be seen at the stadiums/fields on Ssturdays throughout the season.
2. In MS lumberton has one school so one set of coaches is teaching all the kids how to lineup and basics (see above). PNG, Ned have two MS each. Two sets of coaches.
3. Numbers. Don't loose sight of the fact that Lumberton is anywhere from 400 to 800 students smaller than most teams in locsl 5A.

That seems to be the issue at Lumberton.

I'm sure they weren't and I honestly could care less, but they weren't worried about the signal they sent to the boys on the team either. I am just giving my opinion on a public message board. It's obvious spoonbill you have a son on the team and I hate that the boys are upset, but I am just stating my observations as an outsider looking in.
I am going to ask another direct question, let's see if I can get a straight answer on this one or another vague answer:
Why did the school board vote to not renew his contract?
The school board is made up of seven non paid elected citizens from the city of Lumberton to make decisions that benefits the student body of Lumberton ISD. So why did a majority of these seven individuals decide that the best thing for the student body was to remove him as head coach?

Why did that school board vote to not renew his contract?? Because they are crooked and they want a puppet who will listen to whatever they say and produce numbers they want when they want them and that's not realistic. Things aren't gonna change till that school board is replaced. Not the coach.

Why did that school board vote to not renew his contract?? Because they are crooked and they want a puppet who will listen to whatever they say and produce numbers they want when they want them and that's not realistic. Things aren't gonna change till that school board is replaced. Not the coach.

It's not just this school board. It's most school boards. Replacing them wouldn't change anything.

If the employee gets a recommendation from the sup and/or principal...the board needs to vote yes. Plain and simple. It is up to the school administrators to decide hiring/firing/reassigning of school personnel based on what is best for the students.

School board's job is to hire or fire the sup and approve the budget. Period.

Way too many personal agendas associated with school board...well...pretty much like every level of any kind of government.

It's not just this school board. It's most school boards. Replacing them wouldn't change anything

If the employee gets a recommendation from the sup and/or principal...the board needs to vote yes. Plain and simple. It is up to the school administrators to decide hiring/firing/reassigning of school personnel based on what is best for the students.

School board's job is to hire or fire the sup and approve the budget. Period.

Way too many personal agendas associated with school board...well...pretty much like every level of any kind of government.

You and I agree 100% we both pretty much said the same thing. Boards make policy and set the budget and should be in lock step with the districts superintendent on personnel. Board are not there to be day to day managers and should leave the personal agendas at the door!

You and I agree 100% we both pretty much said the same thing. Boards make policy and set the budget and should be in lock step with the districts superintendent on personnel. Board are not there to be day to day managers and should leave the personal agendas at the door!

No question about it.

Off topic but, i was at a local school and had to leave my English class to answer a phone call from the Board president about the baseball field!!!!

Um...you're a teacher? Hate to break it to you...but if something would've happened in your class without you in there that's one of the couple of ways educators can actually be fired.

So let me get this straight you go 1-29 fire your only coach in history to make the playoffs. Then you bring in a guy with over 150 wins after going 1-29 and you don't even let him have two full calender years on campus to turn around the worst program in setx unless you include Beaumont Legacy. Wow that makes no sense. The superintendent must be a coward to let his school board do something that irrational. You can't give the guy two full years on campus to turn around 1-29.

From what I seen of these kids, they never gave up on themselves. That right there shows that their coaches never gave up on them. It comes down to talent at skill levels that wins alot of these games. I hope they don't push the program backward, because they was really moving in the right direction.