Crosby at Goose Creek Memorial/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

So does it go down as a win for Crosby

I would think it goes down as never happening. Not an official game.

GAME CALLED BEFORE COMPLETION. If a district or non-district game is called before completion of the number of innings and conditions as specified in National Federation Baseball Rules, the umpire shall declare the contest “no game”. Unless otherwise specified by district minutes prior to the season, the game will be replayed from the start. In games beyond the district level, a game begun, then suspended, shall continue at a later time from the point of suspension. 

I would think it goes down as never happening. Not an official game.

GAME CALLED BEFORE COMPLETION. If a district or non-district game is called before completion of the number of innings and conditions as specified in National Federation Baseball Rules, the umpire shall declare the contest “no game”. Unless otherwise specified by district minutes prior to the season, the game will be replayed from the start. In games beyond the district level, a game begun, then suspended, shall continue at a later time from the point of suspension. 

Not sure what happened here.   The GCM coach was pushing for the game to be called.  From what I understand, not from a horses mouth, GCM doesn't want to play the game today either.  Hopefully we can get the game rescheduled but we play in the Bryan Tournament this weekend.  I haven't heard a word of it being declared a Crosby win.

Not sure what happened here.   The GCM coach was pushing for the game to be called.  From what I understand, not from a horses mouth, GCM doesn't want to play the game today either.  Hopefully we can get the game rescheduled but we play in the Bryan Tournament this weekend.  I haven't heard a word of it being declared a Crosby win.

I am not speaking for Coach Williams, but playing a game in these conditions, this early in the season, serves no purpose. Sure, everyone wants to play, but the risk of injury is too great.

I would hope they would try to re-schedule down the road. 

I am not speaking for Coach Williams, but playing a game in these conditions, this early in the season, serves no purpose. Sure, everyone wants to play, but the risk of injury is too great.

I would hope they would try to re-schedule down the road. 

No doubt.  Heck I was at risk of injury in the stands.  

The real question why didn't either one of the coaches call the game before Crosby ever pulled out of the bus barn....

The real question why didn't either one of the coaches call the game before Crosby ever pulled out of the bus barn....

Good question but JV and Sophomore teams  played complete games.  GCM requested that the UMP call the game....Ump obliged.  I ran to my heater in my car.  Washed uniforms last night in case there was a game today.  No draw on that either.

Baring an issue with the field (electrical, sprinkler leaking, etc...) it is not at the coaches discretion to "call" any game. The umpire makes the ultimate decision. Otherwise, I would ask for every game to be called while I'm ahead.

Ump called the game.