Willie Ray Smith Awards Banquet, TONIGHT

Please don't take this one thing away from these kids all that were nominated not just the finals all that or nominated had A great year for their team this is on the hands of the voters I can promise after reading who the voters were and if I knew how to snapshot it and put on this site you would see that the voters only stats to go of off. At the banquet you would know that Mr. Smith was more than a stats guy he didn't know one thing about football when he got into coaching this award was on leadership character motivating your team to a higher level. Again congrats to the two winners well deserved

If my memory is correctat the banquet Mike's numbers were total offense 4100 plus and over 40 tds running and throwing. On the defense DT had I think it was 41 total tackles seven break ups with four interceptions. Now if Your going off stats James locke wins this award I think the tackles were in the 70s with seven interceptions and like nine or close break ups. Or the big linebacker from Holden Jefferson with over 160 tackles seven forced fumbles and I think it was three ints.

I don't know where you got your stats from. Deionte had 47 tackles, 6 interceptions and 8 pbus. I know, because I personally kept count. What they didn't mention was his punt return yards and touchdowns. You should probably check your source on his stats.

I don't know where you got your stats from. Deionte had 47 tackles, 6 interceptions and 8 pbus. I know, because I personally kept count. What they didn't mention was his punt return yards and touchdowns. You should probably check your source on his stats.

I was there I said if you read back .I said think also they didn't mission locks punt returns are the linebackers stuff that he did as a tight end congrats to all no hard feelings just stating.

I was there I said if you read back .I said think also they didn't mission locks punt returns are the linebackers stuff that he did as a tight end congrats to all no hard feelings just stating.

Not sure who the linebacker is, but they did mention Locke's punt return yards. I'm Not here to debate who should have won. Actually, I believe any one of the candidates were worthy. I'm Simply pointing out that you were wrong about Deionte's stats.

U are both right they didn't mention what thompson,locke,pagent or king did on other side of ball as far as stats goes. They only listed stats pretaining to what side of award they were up for

seay played in 5 game on the defense and not the hole game and still had 30 plus tackles. And you're correct this is not a debate again congrats to all of the boys that were nominated and the finalist.

seay played in 5 game on the defense and not the hole game and still had 30 plus tackles. And you're correct this is not a debate again congrats to all of the boys that were nominated and the finalist.

plus the head to head central vs dogs seay. Png vs dogs seay. Just had to do that. 11 signed on one team and one on the other as we were leaving the other night Png coach looks at sage and tells him from 3 year you have got me but i well have someone at graduation taken pic and sending to me so i now you gone i have enjoyed watching you play My teams for the last three years but will be glad to see you go great job.

No it's bogus because the BEST players in the area weren't nominated and it's supposed to be an award to honor the BEST in the area....Soulja do you honestly feel like Jacquet had a better season than Seay, Dauphine or Demarcus Smith? HONESTLY?

Seay, Dauphine and Smith were nominated. Dauphine and Smith did not make finalists.

No it's bogus because the BEST players in the area weren't nominated and it's supposed to be an award to honor the BEST in the area....Soulja do you honestly feel like Jacquet had a better season than Seay, Dauphine or Demarcus Smith? HONESTLY?

Better than Seay and Dalphine, but you'd ha e an argument with 'D-Block'.

But with that being said, Jacquet still had an outstanding year and helped his team win a share of the district title...

District mvp was morse the kid from png. 1st team qb was seay from Nederland, and 2nd team was jacquet from central . So the third best qb in that district wins the award???? Ok

Incorrect 

http://setxsports.com/ip/index.php?/topic/110220-22-5a-all-district-team/

Link to the article in there. 

District mvp was morse the kid from png. 1st team qb was seay from Nederland, and 2nd team was jacquet from central . So the third best qb in that district wins the award???? Ok

MVP- Nederland Senior QB Sage Seay

Offensive POY- PN-G Junior QB Adam Morse

First team

Quarterback

Josh Boyd, Junior Ozen

Second team

Quarterback

Michael Jacquet, Senior Central

so according to the coaches he was the 4th best QB in the district.

johnnyarm you posted some stats on a post back i looked at that post on total offense looks to be 1200 more and 10 more tds than you posted.

can someone post the stats and show the differences? 

with all the media people here you would would of thought they would of chimed in and cleared all this up.

Ummm, we've all agreed that the all district teams were horrible. If you go back to that thread, almost everyone agreed that Jacquet shouldn't have been on the 2nd team Based on his skill set... Speed on the ground and a great arm made him probably the best offensive weapon in the district in the area. Many fans who have seen a lot of these kids play agree. And I don't know why you are even considering the source of your information , Fox, who's a Nederland guy that obviously has an ax to grind with BISD...

Also, OF, if you're gonna go by the all district team,then that means that you also agree that Boyd was the better qb out of the two... Is this the case?

Ummm, we've all agreed that the all district teams were horrible. If you go back to that thread, almost everyone agreed that Jacquet shouldn't have been on the 2nd team Based on his skill set... Speed on the ground and a great arm made him probably the best offensive weapon in the district in the area. Many fans who have seen a lot of these kids play agree. And I don't know why you are even considering the source of your information , Fox, who's a Nederland guy that obviously has an ax to grind with BISD...

Also, OF, if you're gonna go by the all district team,then that means that you also agree that Boyd was the better qb out of the two... Is this the case?

hey look you are wrong once again. keep trying........... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :P  :D