Willie Ray Smith Awards Banquet, TONIGHT

Here was my post from a month ago.  This one wasn't that hard to call if you are not basing it only on stats, which they obviously didn't.  I believe the voters got it right.  Congrats to all of them.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

Just tell me who all has a vote and I'll tell you who is going to win.    ;)

But seriously, I think DT wins easily on Defense.

Offensively, if it goes by stats then it's Morse.  If you go by who's team would fall apart if that player was removed, then it would be between Jacquet and Seay.  I would give Jacquet the nod over Seay only because Jacquet is more of the complete package (running and throwing).  Seay could only beat you running.

All that to say:

Jacquet and DT will likely win this award.

Again, this dude always finds a way to rain on a kids parade! .....Man the kids read this stuff....do you ever say anything positive! ......Congrats to Mike and Deionte! !

I'm raining on a kids parade cause I'm voicing my opinion? So what if the kids read it? You think I'm going to be the last person to have a opinion about them? I hope they read this and it motivates them to get better.

Ever hear of Sage Seay? Ummm ok nobody on this site can tell me Jacquet had a better season than that kid and not to mention the guys that weren't even nominated like I said the award is BOGUS!

So, is it bogus because the player that you thought should win didn't? The numbers and overall talent came into play. The paid professionals thought he was worthy. Stop downplaying this award by calling it bogus. This is a prestigious award... C'mon, man...

So, is it bogus because the player that you thought should win didn't? The numbers and overall talent came into play. The paid professionals thought he was worthy. Stop downplaying this award by calling it bogus. This is a prestigious award... C'mon, man...

Was he a previous nominee that didn't win this award or something? 

Obviously you can make a case for any of the kids nominated. They all had tremendous seasons. I also thought the best offensive player I saw this year was Corey Dauphine, but playing in a backfield with another D1 back takes away some numbers.

In the end, I have zero problem with the way it turned out. I thought the defensive selection would have been an easier choice for me but I have no idea who I would have picked out of Jacquet, Seay, Morse or King. All were phenomenal in their own right this year.

Everyone had their favorite player that they wanted to win. They were all deserving or they wouldn't have been nominated. There were several that didn't get nominated that could have easily been in the mix. These are kids still. They play a game they love because they love it. Then on a message board, they get dogged or put down. Sure it may motivate some, but damn grown ass men talkin trash bout some kids. It seems like that is what this is turning into.

No it's bogus because the BEST players in the area weren't nominated and it's supposed to be an award to honor the BEST in the area....Soulja do you honestly feel like Jacquet had a better season than Seay, Dauphine or Demarcus Smith? HONESTLY?

Was he a previous nominee that didn't win this award or something? 

I was a former nominee of the award(which is why I know its bogus) but I have no dog in this fight...I don't know any of these players personally but from what I seen Dauphine was the best offensive player I watched this year. And after that I would go with Sage Seay and I don't any others were close with the exception of maybe demarcus smith. It's good to see a kid from Beaumont win the award but I don't feel he was the best offensive player in SETX and I'm almost positive 90% of this board would agree with me on that.

If my memory is correctat the banquet Mike's numbers were total offense 4100 plus and over 40 tds running and throwing. On the defense DT had I think it was 41 total tackles seven break ups with four interceptions. Now if Your going off stats James locke wins this award I think the tackles were in the 70s with seven interceptions and like nine or close break ups. Or the big linebacker from Holden Jefferson with over 160 tackles seven forced fumbles and I think it was three ints.