February 13/14 Baseball Scrimmages

Kelly ended up winning 9-3 I think.  They played about 10 innings.  Neither team really did anything at the plate thru the first 5 innings with BC up 1-0.  Kelly then hit three HR's over the last 5 innings.  Joey Patrick and John Darling with solo shots and Andrew Pace with a 3 run HR.  Didn't get his name but kid for BC hit a 2 run HR in the 8th.  Kelly pitched 6 pitchers and BC switched pitchers almost every inning.  Looking forward to playing BC for real on Feb 23 at Kelly.  Should be a good one.

Nederland played 2 .First against Aldine. Coach Robbins Looked at a lot of pitchers.Had a few hits against below average pitching. field play was pretty solid. Game 2 was against New Caney. Saw better pitching this game and several Bulldogs had multiple hits. Our pitchers continued to throw pretty good. We have a few young pitchers that could see a lot of action this season.Defense was solid with a couple acrobatic catches and a couple of very good stops from our infield. Dogs will be fine this year! We still got a lot of work to do and a little healing but I think if we stay healthy we have the team to take district again.

Anyone know how the Anahuac vs Beaumont Ozen went, just checking in on my buddy over there now

Look like the score was around 11 to 6 Anahuac favor. Anahuac hit Ozen's 1st pitcher well for about 5 runs in a long 1st inning but Ozen bounced back scoring a few runs of their own in the bottom of the 1st. Anahuac should be ok, I heard they were missing a few key players. Panthers should be ok, they pitched 2 inexperienced pitchers and the 3rd just coming off of IR. Both teams need a couple of weeks to really determine but Ozen has tons of speed to work with. Also, their CF is a beast who goes and catches everything in his area, special player.