KOUTZE LIONS VS HARDIN JEFFERSON HAWKS "scrimmage "

Scrimmage is in Kountze...starts around 4:30 according to THSB published schedule...Starting with JV and rolling into Varsity. I was told at the end of the scrimmage they would fire up the score board and play 3 innings in full game condition. Prior to that I'm sure it will be a controlled scrimmage...I am assuming something along the lines of six batters and every three outs they clear the bases.

Little rough early...gitters...lol...but they settled in and did pretty good. I thought our pitching was excellent. Final was like 4-2 Kountze if u were counting...but I don't put a lot of stock in a first scrimmage score. Ryder Lognion started us off and we kick the ball around for him lol, but he personally pitched with a lot of poise. His Velo looked great and his off speed was nasty. Then Stevie Fregia came in "lefty" looked good giving them some fits with his ball movement. Then Chad Young, he was solid nice velo and bender. Last Austin Marshall came in "lefty" and he had nice outing. So like I said pitching was great and in my opinion more solid than last year. Hitting, we had bright spots but need to be more consistent...but had some nice hits to score runs when they were in position to score. Catching was also solid. I will give them a B+ get the fielding lined out and the batts rolling and this team will win district and go deep! Good job Lions, keep up the hard work Coach Hogan and Wright!

I guess the early "jitters" didn't have nothing to do with Aaron Edelmon going through the 1st 6 batters like "buttah"...... Struck out 3 of the 1st 4 batters.... Yeah..... It was probably the jitters lol.....

Barry the jitters were in reference to Kountze kicking the ball around...if you read the thread Capone, referred to us not catching the ball. Had nothing to do with Aaron what so ever. He pitched great and gave us fits, but one correction Austin Marshall batted three hole and grounded out to second. Sorry if anything was lost in translation. Best of luck to you guys this year win the DC and go deep!