Texas Responsible for Entirety of US Net Job Growth Since 2007

PN-G bamatex

Unfortunately a lot of it is tied to the shale boom

A lot, but not all. Our corporate, technology and pharmacy sectors are growing by leaps and bounds with all these companies moving in. And, like the article points out, oil isn't our only major natural resource. Logging has shown a lot of promise as well.

Unfortunately a lot of it is tied to the shale boom

Also note, if Texas carried the nation away from the recession (which is very likely) but with Texas now facing layoffs due to the low oil prices, if they then lose all those jobs, will it put the nation right back into a deeper recession and higher unemployment?  Since Obama is claiming victory (which would not exist without Texas) for the US economy spurred by the Texas boom, will he then claim the coming attraction if the Texas economy fails? 

Or you could just try and stop making this a political issue. You guys want obama assassinated, we got the point.

Also note, if Texas carried the nation away from the recession (which is very likely) but with Texas now facing layoffs due to the low oil prices, if they then lose all those jobs, will it put the nation right back into a deeper recession and higher unemployment?  Since Obama is claiming victory (which would not exist without Texas) for the US economy spurred by the Texas boom, will he then claim the coming attraction if the Texas economy fails?

Or you could just try and stop making this a political issue. You guys want obama assassinated, we got the point.

This is a political issue. You know every bit as well as I do that the low taxes and relaxed regulatory climate in Texas have just as much to do with our state's economic prosperity as our abundance of natural resources and global energy demand.

The state economy isn't going to bust wide open because the the price of oil dropped now like it did in the '80s. Our economy is much more diversified and much, much stronger now than it was then. The price of oil will slow our growth, but it won't stop it and it certainly won't reverse it. That's a testament to our state's leadership, and the economic sensibility of the political philosophy Texas has embraced.

Goes to show you what happens when you have LIMITED government interference in the private job sector.  The private sector will create JOBS!  Something that the democrats just don't get!!!

I just purchased a house in the Richmond / Rosenberg area, it is just AMAZING how many houses are being built AND sold on the west and southwest side of Houston, and they just keep building.

Oh, you guys are under the impression that jobs that were outsourced so Mr. CEO can get a bigger bonus would come back if US tax codes weren't as high (nevernind that effective corporate tax rates are significantly lower than stated tax rates).

Those jobs aren't coming back ever. We cannot compete with the slave wages they're paying overseas "contractors"

Oh, you guys are under the impression that jobs that were outsourced so Mr. CEO can get a bigger bonus would come back if US tax codes weren't as high (nevernind that effective corporate tax rates are significantly lower than stated tax rates).

Those jobs aren't coming back ever. We cannot compete with the slave wages they're paying overseas "contractors"

yet the dems want to increase the min wage of our uneducated. .. unskilled labor. ... making it even more difficult for that to happen.... why would you think Obama supports this?

Those jobs aren't coming back ever. We cannot compete with the slave wages they're paying overseas "contractors"What is

What is the solution?  Let me guess.  More taxes and more government involvement in the operation of U.S. businesses?

Now, if we could just lure the arms and ammo manufacturers here I would be very pleased. Texas can't be copied. We are unique.

I love Texas. If some of you don't, I suggest I-10.

... or maybe 73.

http://www.kfdm.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/kfdm_vid_13967.shtml